Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Prime's 'wings' blocks the view.

Redpaws

This has been an issue for a very long time, but seeing as how Nekros Prime is one of my most played frames... It really is quite annoying to deal with, even more so on Deimos due to the verticality of the landscape.

The issue is that when using certain type of weapons, the flowing wings on Nekros Prime's back ends up directly blocking the view when aiming. Particularly single handed secondaries, and anything lever action, like Sybaris or Grinlok, which flicks the right wing right into the camera after each shot. The issue is particularly bad in Deimos, since you quite often have to aim up to target enemies, which makes the right wing even more prone to block your view.

This issue is entirely caused by the fact that the 'wings' aren't rigged to the back, but instead to the shoulders of Nekros Prime. If the rigging was changed so they're attached to the spine instead (same rigging as syandanas), this would completely fix the issue.

I think the simpler fix, which has been suggested a lot before, is character transparency during ADS. It's something already done with snipers and mining lasers and it'd fix issues across the board (because it isn't just these wings but a lot of other models - armour, syandanas...)

35 minutes ago, Redpaws said:

This has been an issue for a very long time, but seeing as how Nekros Prime is one of my most played frames... It really is quite annoying to deal with, even more so on Deimos due to the verticality of the landscape.

The issue is that when using certain type of weapons, the flowing wings on Nekros Prime's back ends up directly blocking the view when aiming. Particularly single handed secondaries, and anything lever action, like Sybaris or Grinlok, which flicks the right wing right into the camera after each shot. The issue is particularly bad in Deimos, since you quite often have to aim up to target enemies, which makes the right wing even more prone to block your view.

This issue is entirely caused by the fact that the 'wings' aren't rigged to the back, but instead to the shoulders of Nekros Prime. If the rigging was changed so they're attached to the spine instead (same rigging as syandanas), this would completely fix the issue.

The "wings" can't be rigged to the back since they're part of the arms, not the back...
Honestly, i never felt that problem, but then again i mostly use the Deluxe skin and using max FoV helps... In fact i've felt that the warframe was in the way less often since they increased max FoV a while back.

Regardless, warframe really should give us a better control of the aim camera, either GW2 style, with a slider to shift the position more or less away from the center in either direction (which might make the hotkey to toggle sides useless, and not a bad thing). Or like @Tyreaus said, have the opacity of the warframe and accessories shift when we go to aim down sights.

Archived