The Bubonico really surprised me

JackHargreav

When I was looking up videos most of the time this arm canon seemed average.

But after putting 3 forma into it. Holy S#&$ this weapon is powerful. It just shreds. It doesn't matter what enemy you want to kill this weapon will kill it.

Juguluses on SteelPath? Nothing. I don't even have to use any debuffs or buffs because it goes through the enemy like it's nothing. Same for Railjack Exo units. 3 shots and they are gone. The bloody thing doesn't even need ammo.

And this weapon doesn't even need anything special to build it.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 2

It's pretty great, but I was just subjected to ocular torture by a Mirage using it with a bright energy color.  When are we going to get that option to dull allied VFX?  Or is it already in the game and I just haven't found it yet?  Sorry, a little off topic.  The Bubonico is a good enough shotgun to make me not even really miss Amalgam Serration... which is saying something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's pretty great, but I was just subjected to ocular torture by a Mirage using it with a bright energy color.  When are we going to get that option to dull allied VFX?  Or is it already in the game and I just haven't found it yet?  Sorry, a little off topic.  The Bubonico is a good enough shotgun to make me not even really miss Amalgam Serration... which is saying something.

Yeah I've seen something like that I think. I mean a team mate effects slider. It's in the display options I think.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HiemalSummer said:

Nerf incoming in 3... 2... 1...

Tell that to another certain primary weapon that may or may not be a shotgun, and when outfitted with viral heat build on it tends to leave enemies dead in fractions of a second. Least ones that can be affected by viral procs that is. If that one hasn't been nerfed yet then Bubonico probably won't be. If anything its riven disposition will just be low forever.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Nah they don't nerf until things are done selling, ready to move on to the next.

Or if everyone start flocking to any one item, other items can't sell so it has to get nerfed to make money.

how does it make money when its farmable 100% , do you mean weapon slots selling ?

It'll be popular, it'll be cried about because it kills trash through walls and ads sniper users can't have that in their realistic gun game and it'll be nerfed.

In the meantime ability/melee players still will be like:

Happy Star Trek GIF

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and thought it was about the new Cernos. What I said applied to that weapon.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 1

On 2020-11-26 at 8:28 PM, fiendishrabbit said:

Bubonico is the most Tyranid gun in Warframe.

Pretty much a venom cannon on burst mode.

On 2020-11-27 at 1:00 AM, Killa_Byte said:

is it more powerful than the mighty Baza prime ?

there are about 50 guns more powerful than absolute side grade prime.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 1

I had high hopes for Bubonico but I still prefer Scourge for a vir/cor/heat primer. 

Bubonico alt fire has a larger AoE, but if I want quickly switch from melee to primary alt fire I have to aim and then shoot or else I heavy attack and dump my combo. 

Scourge seems to get full 10x stacks quicker that Bubonico. 

Bubonico is also too damn big. The thing is the same size as Wisp. If arm cannons Bubonico/Shedu were on the left arm I could see myself using them more.

Bubonico probably has better DPS on trash enemies but since I'll just be using it as a primer the Scourge just suits my needs better. I'd take Phage before I took Bubonico into a mission.

• Like 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb Berzerkules:

I had high hopes for Bubonico but I still prefer Scourge for a vir/cor/heat primer. 

Bubonico alt fire has a larger AoE, but if I want quickly switch from melee to primary alt fire I have to aim and then shoot or else I heavy attack and dump my combo. 

Bubonico is also too damn big. The thing is the same size as Wisp. If arm cannons Bubonico/Shedu were on the left arm I could see myself using them more.

Bubonico probably has better DPS on trash enemies but since I'll just be using it as a primer the Scourge just suits my needs better. I'd take Phage before I took Bubonico into a mission.

Interesting! i hardly used the two weapons.
Bubonico with 159% status and heat / viral / corr usually needs 6 alt fire shots or 2 magazines for lvl 170 bombards. but sometimes it crits and i only need 2-3 shots for the whole group.

the biggest advantage is: unlimited ammunition. people tend to forget that here.

edit: Phage + Scourge has good riven disposition. do u use some rivens for them?

Edited by Battle.Mage
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

Interesting! i hardly used the two weapons.
Bubonico with 159% status and heat / viral / corr usually needs 6 alt fire shots or 2 magazines for lvl 170 bombards. but sometimes it crits and i only need 2-3 shots for the whole group.

the biggest advantage is: unlimited ammunition. people tend to forget that here.

I just use Scourge and Phage as utility weapons to prime for Condition Overload. They both have high SC and can be built for Viral/Corrosive/Heat. I only build for status chance/multi shot/fire rate/punch through and no damage mods. I like viral/corrosive/heat vs. stupid high lvl armored enemies and sometimes I just get tired of only using my Nukor. 

I'm sure you can build Scourge and Phage for DPS but melee is so strong all primary/secondary weapons are utility IMO. 

What I really like about Scourge is it passively reloads 33% magazine/second. It only has 200 max ammo pool but since I only use it to prime it's almost always at max ammo and fully reloaded. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I don't think a nerf  coming because while yes, it is powerful, it's not a bramma. As in the aoe isn't good enough to kill high level enemies with one shot.

Your build must be suboptimal, the thing outperforms bramma against pretty much everything 

3 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Multishot of 2.8 with a 3 round AoE burst. Essentially 9 shots for a single pull of the trigger with 150%+ Status.

One trigger pull is 10x Viral stacks for me in every situation.

Can even be modded to provide Heat/Viral/Corrosive all at once while also maxing the stack with one pull of the trigger on a whole pack.

As an aside.. has anyone messed with this tentacled cannon on Gauss? 

Results are satisfying. Max RoF Redline plus Energized Munitions using the alt fire turns it into a literal beam weapon if you can mash the fire button. Or if you have Turbo enabled on your clicks.

It's kind of hilarious to just stream out the artillery for a full 10 seconds before running out of ammo. 

Super effective? Maybe not. But is kind of fun, even though I can only Sim up to 120 because MR (DE please unlink that -_-) but it only takes a couple seconds for that stream to wipe out a pack of 120 Bombards.

18 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

Multishot of 2.8 with a 3 round AoE burst. Essentially 9 shots for a single pull of the trigger with 150%+ Status.

One trigger pull is 10x Viral stacks for me in every situation.

Can even be modded to provide Heat/Viral/Corrosive all at once while also maxing the stack with one pull of the trigger on a whole pack.

Weird. I have 2.8 ms and 210% SC and I get anywhere between 5-10 stacks viral and have never got 10 stacks of both viral and corrosive in one burst. Stacks are never evenly distributed on a pack. I could run not fully max ranked 60/60 mods to give viral proc priority but that would just drop my SC.

I just get 10x stacks of viral and corrosive faster with Scourge. I have good riven, stupid high fire rate and punch through though. 

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

It has great dps on every enemy. It's not par with my lesion or with my Sigma Octantis but it is pretty powerful.

Tho melee weapons are not something I like to compare to ranged weapons.