Revert Glaive Detonation Input Changes from Hotfix 29.5.4

Oorel

I think the real issue is that we have different controls for the same action based on the current mode of the glaive. Detonation is Heavy Attack when just using a glaive alone, and alt-fire if you are using a Glaive along with a secondary.

Previously Holding E to throw, and pressing E to detonate was a good control scheme, though If there should be any change at all, it should be to have the same control for both glaive states.

Using Alt-fire is more awkward than just using E again on a keyboard. Besides the slight issue with moving the hand a bit awkwardly, using a gun button for a melee action is just unnecessarily convoluted.

I think the change should be reverted, or properly addressed by unifying the controls for both states.

Here's what I think.

1. The reason why recall function exists is for combo buildup. Detonating consumes combo.

Sure, you can mod it for high crit chance and just detonate everything in sight due to double crit chance multiplier on heavy attacks and not worry about combo multiplier, because heavy attack is powerful enough to kill low lvl enemies fast.

2. I don't bind melee attack on E. If I did that, my finger is not placed and prepared for strafing left or right, so I bound it on middle mouse button and for heavy attack, I bound it to one of the side buttons on my mouse, which made melee combat more comfortable and situationally viable, at least for me.

8 minutes ago, RobRalneR said:

1. The reason why recall function exists is for combo buildup. Detonating consumes combo.

For combo builds accidentally detonating is really bad.

I preferred E to detonate in the glaive+secondary mode, as I was mostly using a Heavy Attack build. Ive been using glaives much like I use gunblades so I dont have much experience with a combo based build with glaives, so alt-fire is possibly an improvement for those players.

Still, the ideal is a dedicated Detonation input, using Heavy Attack for both states, as a quick fix, reverting is preferable than the current state of it imo.

I agree, I've been using Falcor + Angstrum a lot, and I miss being able to detonate Falcor using E.

I'll probably be able to get used to using alt-fire, but I'd really like to be able to use E for detonation again. Maybe a toggle for it in settings? "Use melee attack (E) for glaive detonation", or something like that.

I've been going all out with a 'Heavy Explosion' build and Dual-Wield, and have been absolutely loving it. This control change has taken the fun times from 100 to 0 in an instant. It's awkward and clunky to use, and demonstrates the dangers of making changes purely for the sake of consistency.

I've swapped out Corrupt Charge for Volatile Quick-Return on my build to avoid the newly introduced awkwardness, but I'm paying for that in damage output. It's a band-aid solution for a problem that requires stitches.

Archived