Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I didn't think about my response...till after. And now I have questions...

(PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Someone in Q&A asked how to get Kubrow eggs. I was busy, so my offhand response was literally "go to Earth, find Kubrow nest. Destroy nest, take eggs."

And then I started to think. The answer isn't incorrect, it's just...questionable when you turn it over in your head.

Season 10 Story GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Why? It's just the way you get them

Gotta agree with this. 

Just now, FrostedMike said:

I think that what OP was trying to say is how wrong it starts to sound when writing it down.
Suddenly morals comes into play.

Why? They're ferals, and can and will attack you. Leaving the eggs would mean that they don't incubate. They'd die if we don't take the eggs.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

They're ferals, and can and will attack you. Leaving the eggs would mean that they don't incubate. They'd die if we don't take the eggs.

1) You don't know if the eggs won't incubate, causing death of the young. Hell, I don't know tha-- (jumps off Bridge of Death): 

2) Well, they are territorial, and the attack may be preemptively protecting their nest/young from thieves...but that's a discussion going elsewhere.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

1) You don't know if the eggs won't incubate, causing death of the young. Hell, I don't know tha-- (jumps off Bridge of Death): 

2) Well, they are territorial, and the attack may be preemptively protecting their nest/young from thieves...but that's a discussion going elsewhere.

1) Not absolutely, but considering that they do seem to guard the nests, I consider it highly likely. Most things that put that sort of effort into nesting, do it because they're trying to maintain a specific range of parameters in the environment without which the eggs wont hatch. The things whose eggs can survive to hatching on their own tend to lay then make like a tree and leave. Unfortunately the lack of lore makes it difficult to construct an n'th dimensional survivorship polygon for kubros in the egg stage.

2) Sort of, the ferals also tackle random grineer who don't seem to ever take out the nests and eggs.

They are pretty reasonably territorial considering they’re surrounded by Grineer expansion. Especially because we aren’t the only ones taking their eggs. Which of course do have the capacity to incubate within the nest... otherwise there wouldn’t be any kubrows. 

I think the inference that they are feral in contrast to domesticated kubrows is inherently facile. Our companions are the weird ones, not their wild equivalent. At least, not after hundreds of years of adaptation.  

17 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Funny how everyone slides right over this obvious fact. I wonder why?

A)  Because Grineer don't look like scraggly puppy-bat things.  B)  Because Grineer have guns, and according to the story are perfectly willing to use them on everyone who isn't another Grineer.  And C)  Because unlike the puppy-bat things, Grineer go *out of their way* to find things to use those guns on.

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

A)  Because Grineer don't look like scraggly puppy-bat things.  B)  Because Grineer have guns, and according to the story are perfectly willing to use them on everyone who isn't another Grineer.  And C)  Because unlike the puppy-bat things, Grineer go *out of their way* to find things to use those guns on.

I don't see how any of that is relevant. Not like you ask their opinion or like the queens care about the opinions of their slaves. I agree though that since they aren't pretty/cute nobody cares about their feelings or pain. After all, ugly = evil.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

I don't see how any of that is relevant. Not like you ask their opinion or like the queens care about the opinions of their slaves. I agree though that since they aren't pretty/cute nobody cares about their feelings or pain. After all, ugly = evil.

They're Saturday Morning Cartoon villain minions.  We shoot them because they exist, and because it's the point of the game to make them stop doing that.  Same reason G.I. Joe punched the Cobra footsoldiers, that She-Ra and friends stomp on the Evil Horde robots, and the Turtles kicked around the Foot Clan footsoldiers/robots.  Their job is to be mindlessly evil.  (Aside from the whole part where they're just pieces in a game - it's mechanically not that different than eliminating stray checkers.  Just that checkers don't usually go "Aaauggghhh!" *SPLAT!* when you jump them.)

To everybody claiming moral inferiority (saying all tenno are evil mass murderers), I'd say that's a "you thing"... not a universal "all players are" thing...

Grineer are genetically cloned soldiers created for killing everything that isn't Grineer and follow the commands of the queen(s) without question, even reporting for suicide when they fail to follow said commands. They are responsible for the deaths of countless human colonies, the dead likely numbering into the billions. It is only when there is a genetic "Flaw" in the cloning process, that we get the defectors (Clem) who won't follow those commands and are willing to live peacefully, which we help escape the clutches of their soon-to-be-executioners.

The Corpus are mostly robots, yay! There is mention of some humanoid corpus mentioned in some lore, where they're more like organic machines, created for specific tasks, and then augmented with computer-brain interfaces that give them commands. These are the most morally grey possible targets for Tenno, since IF they're sentient organic machines as such, I would be against killing them, since they're brainwashed/controlled into it. I choose to believe that these humanoid troops are more like human shaped flesh bags with computer brains. I fully understand that there are normal corpus who are sent to indoctrination classes and such in other lore, but I don't take that to be the same as the rank and file military. As a Tenno, I go out of my way to help the Corpus on Fortuna and the colony researching/harvesting the infestation, Mycona. The only sentient Corpus I kill are the leaders who are torturous, amoral, dictatorial monsters who cause/order the deaths of their civilian population under the banner of profit.

I don't think I need to explain the Infestation and Sentients. (although, I could see a faction of the sentients becoming allies of the Tenno/Humans, now that the Orokin are out of the picture.)

I actually made an Inktober picture about this topic :)

OXHoVks.jpg

В 27.11.2020 в 01:36, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk сказал:

You're supposed to know those things when you're a king.

15 hours ago, EmberStar said:

But what if one of them was 2 days away from defecting to Steel Meridian?

On 2020-11-28 at 5:42 AM, EmberStar said:

They're Saturday Morning Cartoon villain minions.  We shoot them because they exist, and because it's the point of the game to make them stop doing that.  Same reason G.I. Joe punched the Cobra footsoldiers, that She-Ra and friends stomp on the Evil Horde robots, and the Turtles kicked around the Foot Clan footsoldiers/robots.  Their job is to be mindlessly evil.  (Aside from the whole part where they're just pieces in a game - it's mechanically not that different than eliminating stray checkers.  Just that checkers don't usually go "Aaauggghhh!" *SPLAT!* when you jump them.)

In other words, what everyone has been saying everytime these "moral" threads come up, just shoot them already! I approve, although i'd rather get rid of the "good vs evil" entirely and everyone just does what they want. I just find it endlessly entertaining when we consider what we do in-game to suddenly start talking about feeling bad for some random creature/person. So dumb, not to mention hypocritical.

Archived