Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did you do to Railjack? And when? And why?

Traumtulpe

I just went to level some equipment during solo Railjack, as I have often done. Immediately noticeable were severe issues moving my Railjack, I seemed to be blocked by invisible walls constantly - being unable to reach to reach loot and generally having a hard time navigating around obstacles. You definitely messed up some hitboxes somehow.

Also minor hull breaches. All of the minor hull breaches in the world. I literally spend 600 repair-juice back to back fixing holes in the Railjack without pause. Now, my Railjack is sturdy enough that I don't need to bother with repairing, and so I just finished the mission ignoring breaches, but something has gone badly wrong there as well.

You might want to fix that...

It seems hulls have become as fragile again as they were in the initial release of Railjack. When something strikes the hull it is almost guaranteed a hull breach, forcing players to constantly repair them.

Before the update, minor hull breaches were rare for me and major ones only occured when the hull was already severely damaged.

It also seems that the Hardened Casing avionic has no effect anymore.

12 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Hmmm. I haven't touched Railjack since before the Arcana update. (I was trying to find Magma Chamber, since I could use it on my Necramech weapons). I remember struggling to do repairs on my own some, but that's why I have Void Cloak. Has it actually gotten worse?

If you're doing Gian Point with a crew that knows what they're doing so it's moving along quickly, as soon as you repair a hull breach there's immediately another. Granted if you're there leveling gear then remote repair or a 4th person dedicated to patching holes means more XP.

On the other hand, it makes shields more valuable. As far as I know, you don't get "status procs" on your ship if the shields are still up.

Unfortunately, this only highlights how pathetic the base and modded shield levels of a railjack are. Having grown up on Star Trek, losing the shields on your spaceship is a Very Bad Thing and that your ship is about to explode. It was quite shocking to discover how tiny the shields are and how unreasonably tanky the hull can get with armour scaling.

tbh i played it just cos i was out of stuff to do and to my surprise it was actually the most fun ive had playing this game since forever (didnt feel that way at launch cos of all the bugs and shid and i never touched it after farming the weps  till recently)

its a shame we still only have 1 actual game mode, assassination targets that are boring and 1 dimensional, and there is no actual connection with the rest of the game much less reason to play it at all currently

hopefully DE expands upon it soon

8 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

On the other hand, it makes shields more valuable. As far as I know, you don't get "status procs" on your ship if the shields are still up.

Unfortunately, this only highlights how pathetic the base and modded shield levels of a railjack are. Having grown up on Star Trek, losing the shields on your spaceship is a Very Bad Thing and that your ship is about to explode. It was quite shocking to discover how tiny the shields are and how unreasonably tanky the hull can get with armour scaling.

You happen to watch Enterprise where they didn't even have shields at all? Only the deflectors and hull plating is what they had.

On 2020-11-26 at 11:06 PM, DrivaMain said:

For some reason Deimos Arcana increases the collision box of space debris by 10 times. 

This, specially in veil proxima for me, old ruined towers are like a mile away and I still collision with them, and DE just went off for holidays I hope at least they fix this before 2021 but I doubt so.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You happen to watch Enterprise where they didn't even have shields at all? Only the deflectors and hull plating is what they had.

Yep. Babylon 5 as well (where there aren't any shields at all unless you look at the Thirdspace aliens), but I grew up on TNG and that's what sticks most closely in my mind.

I agree, I think they went too hard on armour/health, when it should have gone the other way and made us more reliant on shields. Should also have separate shields for each side, so that if you're taking too much damage to one side, then you have to maneuver your ship so they can recover. Makes it more tactical instead of just sitting there blowing everything up. I've tried building for shields and it's just not worth it.

On topic: I noticed also, you can't go anywhere near structures/ruins because of invisible walls.

Archived