Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL Improvements!

[DE]Helen

DojoQoLImage.png

January 29, 2021 Update:

During Devstream #151, Rebecca shared the first Dojo QoL items the team is working on for 2021! These changes and additions are currently in progress. We'll continue to keep you posted as these items near completion and the team starts working on more promised changes and additions!

• Remove Clan Hall Ranking Order from building requirements. Tenno will be able to build these rooms in any order they desire!
  • Add a Preview Decorations option, similar to the Polychrome’s Preview Colors option.
  • Adjust Research in the Orokin Lab and Chem Lab to display 100% completion without event-specific Recipes. This change also removes the Solar Rail construction message that pops up when players teleport to the Orokin Lab. 
  • More skybox options for the Open Space! Void and other skyboxes will be available to research in the Tenno Lab. Decorators will then be able to change the room’s skybox from the room console.

December 17, 2020 Update:

Update 29.6.0: Orphix Venom approaches with the end of 2020! So what does the timeline look like for our next wave of Dojo fixes? Here’s what to expect at the start of the new year!

Our next Dojo milestone is a Resource Rebalance. We’ll be reducing Decoration Resource costs by 25% and taking a second look at how Morphics, Gallium, and Control Modules distribute across Recipes. Resource costs of the recent Entrati Orokin and Infested Decorations from Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana demonstrate the kind of levels you can expect.

Once they’re fully ironed out, we’ll update you with a rundown of compensation plans for Decorations built with pre-Rebalance Resource costs. Your Clan Vaults are in for a treat!

We’ll also return with details about which Cosmetic Additions to expect first! More Skybox options for the Open Room, Placeable NPCs, Cetus Decorations, and Kuva Fortress Decorations are all on the table and lookin’ scrumptious.

See you in the 2021, Dojo aficionados. Until then, happy decorating!

Dojo QoL improvements are in the works! You’ll notice them roll out over future updates.

This QoL pass is based on player suggestions and discussions. We have scoured the forums for your feedback and assembled a group of players prominent in the Dojo decorating community. From feedback to testing, Ajingom (PC), Major_Prime (Nintendo Switch), OGKuvaSage (Xbox One), ThreeKlaw (PS4), and Vash (PC) are helping us make improvements and hunt down bugs!

These improvements focus primarily on the Dojo decorating system, but you’ll also see a few cosmetic additions. Let’s talk about the details!

Decorating Improvements

In addition to the Dojo Additions, Changes & Fixes that launched with Deimos: Arcana, these improvements and more are on the way:

• Remove Clan Hall Ranking Order from building requirements
  • Reduce the circumference around interactive objects (drums, consoles, vaults, doors) that prevented other objects from being placed near them
  • Replace spawn rooms with a placeable spawn pad that gives players more control
  • Add a "Preview All" option for unfinished Decorations, similar to the Polychrome preview

Cosmetic Additions

We have player-suggested cosmetics on the way based on your forum discussions! Here’s what you can look forward to:

• More Skybox options for the Open Room
  • Placeable NPCs
  • Cetus Decorations
  • Kuva Fortress Decorations

We are also looking at a true rebalance of Decoration Resource costs as demonstrated in Deimos: Arcana: "Both the new Infested and Entrati Decorations have reduced Resource costs (by 25% of how we’d normally price) that is in part of a larger Dojo QoL Update coming soon!" Stay tuned for more.

We’ll keep you posted in this thread as we prepare to implement Dojo QoL improvements, Dojo aficionados!

thank you for working on this , dojo needs more and more attetion and clans also

more tools to the leaders to decide how to use them and i will give examples

1) dojo 3D map to know what you place and where, what is the real height of rooms and how to arrange everything, we walk and build blind now
2)being able to swap room locations and changing the dojo map entirelly to correct past mistakes and to change unwanted rooms
3)being able to change a room that is in the middle with another , having same exits if more that one room is attached
4)less decorate cost , there is no reason for a moon clan to spend 60.000k polymer for a rock. does that help the game? in reality you know that most players in a clan dont donate so help the decoration in general by reducing or ecualizing the cost for all clans. Why decoration must be hight for moon clans, i understand the research cost but why decoration?
5)one huge thing is if you could tranfer decorations from room to room or store the crafted decorations
6) no reason to delete a room to take 2 hours let us instantly delete that
7)donation log for the leaders , who donated what and when
8) member ranking system by MR and donations

Cool to hear about the Kuva Fortress Deco items, can we also get some of the ones from Ceres, Railjack, and Sealab. 

Also we haven't gotten any of the new corpus items that were with like Jovian or Deadlock (I want the big shipping crates that are all over Jovian).

Would love to see the different syndicate themed rooms/decoration items.

Tighter Room Hitboxes or at least have them displayed around the rooms to help players understand the reasoning for things to not line up.

Could we also get an elevator that goes more S as the current one is a Side U

With dojo, is it possible that you'll allow decorations to more easily be placed inside one another when free placement is selected? Like, no hitbox collisions or "invalid placement" when placing and moving decorations through one another. The biggest annoyance I had with decorating is that I'm fighting with the decorations to sort of place them together in a cohesive appearance. 

My mind is BLOWN RIGHT NOW.

This is stuff that I never thought, not even in a million years, that would ever happen. SPAWN PADS? SELECTABLE SKYBOXES!?! NPCS!!!!!????????

NEW DECORATIONS!?!? LESS RESOURCE COSTS11111111111111

I'm shocked. I really, really appreciate this very much. I look forward to it with GREAT interest. I want to say more than what I have said, but my brain is fried with this information.

Good changes so far, can't wait to see the rest! If you're looking for suggestions, a few come to mind off the top of my head:

1. As others have mentioned, being able to move rooms would be fantastic. Maybe have a "storage" for them? Would probably take up a decent chunk of server space, though. Especially for super fancy rooms.

2. Now that we have a "preview all" button, a "fund all" one would be very welcome, as well.

3. Since you're adding new decorations, is there any chance you'd add doorways (preferably with optional doors we could open), walls, and windows to the mix? There's some creative stuff you can do currently, but a lot of it isn't exactly what I'd call "user friendly."

4. I love the new rooms that were added with the last update. I'd absolutely love to get similar things done for hallways, and potentially even the larger "grand" halls. (Maybe revamp the "founder" set for those of us who have it? Would love to be able to use it again.)

5. Adding a toggle to allow users to place new items inside/merged with existing objects. Might seem silly at first, but this would be incredibly useful.

I'm sure I could come up with some other stuff over time, but these are probably the best things I can think of for us "lower level" builders that would be relatively straightforward to do. And I  do think that these changes would benefit the larger userbase (at least those of us who like decorating their Dojos) as a whole.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us Dojo decorators in mind! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with!

27 minutes ago, AR3E said:

Hope you'll fix bugs of moving and rotating. Those things makes people mad.

16 minutes ago, Juvieus_Kaine said:

Just in case it's been missed across the forums, but please ensure you cover this particular gem:

> Fix objects rotating any additional degrees when flipped upside down (or near upside down in some cases) when using any form of degrees of rotation (i.e 15/45 degree fixed rotation).

You guys are referring to the same thing, and it was fixed https://youtu.be/en_JLHJIKq0

I've been waiting for a thing like this!

Something I can suggest looking into is simplifying lining up platforms (stairs, paths, walls and constructions that require a lot of manual lining up but can be solved with simple snapping instructions). Add a pattern extension mode so that we can make lined up walls quicker, without having to adjust every piece manually for the full length.

Consider adding a "FUND ALL DECORATIONS" button to room consoles. Sometimes designing the room takes less time than going back in to fund every single decoration individually. I have several rooms designed right now, but it would take about two hours to go in and fund them all so I just don't do it.  

3 minutes ago, Amebot said:

Consider adding a "FUND ALL DECORATIONS" button to room consoles. Sometimes designing the room takes less time than going back in to fund every single decoration individually. I have several rooms designed right now, but it would take about two hours to go in and fund them all so I just don't do it.  

I'm assuming the "2 hour" figure you use is from my argument I made in a video once lmao.
Auto-funding was added, at least there is this incredibly time saving function for rooms you create now.  Perhaps we'll get a button to insta-fund a room in the future, I don't think they've forgotten about that.

The update sounds fantastic! Can't wait to set custom spawn locations. 

Suggestion for adding new things. Can we have more water props or water surfaces so we can make custom rivers and ponds, also more tree and plant models would be fantastic. 

Other suggestions.

More colour pallets for dojo walls and lighting,  Changing decorations colour to mach room colours. Donate pets to dojo, and target practice rooms. 

All this looks cool!  However, so much these points:

21 minutes ago, -GrT-kostasp99 said:

1) dojo 3D map to know what you place and where, what is the real height of rooms and how to arrange everything, we walk and build blind now

2) being able to swap room locations and changing the dojo map entirely to correct past mistakes and to change unwanted rooms

3) being able to change a room that is in the middle with another , having same exits if more that one room is attached

4) less decorate cost , there is no reason for a moon clan to spend 60.000k polymer for a rock. does that help the game? in reality you know that most players in a clan don't donate so help the decoration in general by reducing or equalizing the cost for all clans. Why decoration must be higher for moon clans, I understand the research cost but why decoration?

5) one huge thing is if you could transfer decorations from room to room or store the crafted decorations

6) no reason to delete a room to take 2 hours let us instantly delete that

To add to that, I think having the ability to save and load room layouts/decorations would majorly improve things and allow for easier dojo renovations.  You could either have it saveable in game and/or on the player's local disk (although if saved in game they should be linkable in chat).

I've wanted to redesign my dojo for a while and the only thing that's been stopping me is the headache of having to dismantle everything and rebuild/redecorate without even knowing if my new design is going to work.

Also, on the subject of dojo QoL as a whole, I would love it if players where given the ability to set the dojo as your base of operation.  By this I mean, give the players a toggle that allows them to choose whether they spawn on their orbiter on login/after missions or in their dojo. On top of that, add all the orbiter facilities to the dojo (yes, I mean all. Including the Helminth room). Whether they be placeable decorations or part of preexisting rooms (although making them decorations would be preferable where applicable).  Warframe is a game with very much a community focus and I think this feature would only strengthen that.  It could turn the dojo from "that place you go to buy some BPs, trade, and do Railjack stuff," into "that cool custom built place where I hang out with my clan mates while doing stuff between missions."  As it stands now, the dojo is very much a separate part of the game that you have to go out of your way to make use of.  A, to use a certain turn of phrase, "content island," and I think this could be exactly what it needs to connect it in with everything.

Maybe also let players use facilities while visiting other players orbiters while giving you the same option to spawn in a squad mates orbiter after missions (with their permission of course).

Or maybe I'm just crazy.  Either way, I've had this thought for a while now and figured this would be the perfect time and place to share it.

Being able to add or move a room with out "Child Components" being a restriction would be grand.

-Seating pads, to have your characters and NPC's sit, or lay down on designed furniture.

-Toggleable light levels: On, Dimmed range, to off.

Take a look what Elder Scrolls Online has done to their housing editor as some inspiration also

-Pathed NPC roots for NPC's to walk around.

-Location and range of placed decorations in a room so that they can be identified, then retrieved or edited menu. (Sometimes  objects and decorations get misplaced or hidden in walls, especially in Orbiter. This could help fix that)

Archived