Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL Improvements!

[DE]Helen

4 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

I hope this helps clarify.

Yes. This explaination of ruling helps make the results more fair. My friend on ps4 felt hurt that her dojo was not featured. She felt the situation was unfair because the winning dojos have only a handful of rooms decorated. Meanwhile her dojo has more than 120 rooms decorated and has the feature of encouraging and teaching players to decorate.

• Are dojos only judged according to having the most beautiful scene/sculpture?
  • Or are other factors considered?

I love the infested chamber room we have for our dojo's now! I was wondering if we could get a whole new updated set of infested "rooms"

If you could repurpose the infested tunnels from deimos and isolation vaults area we could have new connectors just like the tenno ones with:

- x-shape

-straight shape

-T shape

- bend (left/right corner)

If you could repurpose the infested parts in the isolation vault bounties or maybe cut out some parts from inside the caves where we could have our own endocrine water pools for our dojo's, turning one of the caves into a skybox to use as a base room for our dojo's to build in or that kind of thing.

I feel with the arrival of heart of deimos expansion it gives us a chance to expand on the infested decorations and rooms dojo's could have more than we've already got. I am aware there are new infested "decorations" already, but i'd like to see more added if it is possible! I would like to envision a whole dojo in the infested theme!

During Devstream #151, Rebecca shared the first Dojo QoL items the team is working on for 2021! These changes and additions are currently in progress. We'll keep you posted as these items near completion and the team starts working on more promised changes and additions! Check out the Dojo QoL clip from Devstream #151 below:

• Remove Clan Hall Ranking Order from building requirements. Tenno will be able to build these rooms in any order they desire!
  • Add a Preview Decorations option, similar to the Polychrome’s Preview Colors option.
  • Adjust Research in the Orokin Lab and Chem Lab to display 100% completion without event-specific Recipes. This change also removes the Solar Rail construction message that pops up when players teleport to the Orokin Lab. 
  • More skybox options for the Open Space! Void and other skyboxes will be available to research in the Tenno Lab. Decorators will then be able to change the room’s skybox from the room console.

13 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Please, please, PLEASE add options that allow you to "fund all" cosmetics, including lights, for the entire dojo. Do you know how utterly mind numbing it is to go through hundreds of decorations funding them all individually?

this

if resource cost is a concern when the function is used (might cause some script errors? idk), simply adding a warning text message telling the architect that vault+personal aren't providing enough and they won't be able to use the Fund All function until all required resources have been amassed.

There might be difficulties in calculating the sum resource requirement, but hey, I'm not a dev, just some speculation.

I really appreciate that the devs are opening up more customization options! I'd be really excited if they would allow older dojos to break down the entire dojo and start fresh, without losing all the obtained research or unlocked trophies, by adding a mass delete room function or even a full dojo reset. Because as it stands, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but my dojo is a hot mess since the original creation and inability to delete rooms in batches would take weeks/months to even accomplish a full redecoration.

On 2021-01-29 at 3:31 PM, [DE]Helen said:

During Devstream #151, Rebecca shared the first Dojo QoL items the team is working on for 2021! These changes and additions are currently in progress. We'll keep you posted as these items near completion and the team starts working on more promised changes and additions! Check out the Dojo QoL clip from Devstream #151 below:

when will you address the issue with transporters in dojo that were renamed during the issue of the bug that caused them to move outside the dojo map? i imagine plenty of people can't delete them as they seem to be permanently there. when will you allow players in dojo's to delete transporters that were bugged??

15 hours ago, Tuxie said:

Can we get decors from the new generation of Corpus assets? Those statues, holograms, flowing water would look amazing in dojos.

I’d also love to see vehicles in dojos, like ships, trucks, carts for display.

I agree! In a way, I've been thinking it would be interesting to see different versions of [DE]Scott's truck made into dojo decor as well (Whatever it looked like in the most recent devstream (It was absent from the garage); 50% finished, and however the truck looks like when he's done with it). If any pictures were taken of the truck in previous stages of work, that would help with 3D modeling for it, in theory.

It would be very good if we could set a path for that flowing water to travel as well, if it can interact with the surfaces of other decorations perhaps.

Hi, can you guys allow me to tell which entrance am I connecting to when I create the drydock? I currently have to start creation > check if railjack is facing correct direction > restart until it is in correct orientation.

Should not be too tough to have on UI whether it is left, right or bottom entrance.

Any chance we could get the sentient decoration item that was removed put back in?

It was some kind of orb decoration that looked like a black marble with swirling red energy in it.

I saw it as a option in the first week we got sentient decorations but shortly after it disappeared and has been gone since while i've saw dojos have the decoration in them.
This decoration:

MdjCGu9.png

Amazing new additions coming! can't wait to see what is included with the cetus decorations.

Here is more of the black egg with red energy
lntvdlH.png

On 2020-11-27 at 1:15 AM, Matisan said:

Would also love a feature to snap platforms together and any matching objects that come in parts
I'm always some pixels off when trying manually

try restrained movement ([R] by default), and low sensitivity, for fine adjustments.
Switch the axis if required, from global, to local. ([Y] by default)

Its not a fix, but it's the best thing I found for very small adjustments.

Any plans to adjust the parent-child room building restrictions that have plagued dojos for over half-a-decade? It's just plain cruel having to waste hours at a time reconstructing everything from scratch. How about Somachord options for each room? What about room template changes geared towards factions so that we don't have to build dozens of walls to cover up the base Tenno design? That definitely detracts from all the time & resources invested into recoloring a room. I know for a fact that Orokin rooms used to exist, we really do need greater levels of customization at this point if we're approaching 8 years. Any new rooms for that matter? Whatever happened to that K-Drive skate park that we were promised a while back? How about the ability to change the Hall of Honor statues to any Warframe of our choosing? New decor is always nice, but dojos need a massive facelift to become more appealing & user-friendly. Yes, we all know you guys have a mountain-load of work ahead of you, but older content like this requires so much more investment.

We are keep sending our dogs and cats to Lotos... (sound like "ma boy, your humster left to the heavens") can we send them in the dojo? I'm ok to donate some pet beds and toys to my dojo, just make this real :o
imagine you walk into the dojo and a good boy welcomes you :3

having recently played around in the Open Space room, it would be really cool if there was some way to expand the size of the room - something similar to how No Man Sky's cuboid rooms function.  A possible solution could be having the ability to connect multiple Open Space rooms together plus having a doorless version for the sole purpose of making the open space room more modular - sides where space rooms are directly connected to each other would remove the collision on that side, thus making more space.  Naturally, normal rules of room placement would apply and the decoration capacity could theoretically stay relative to each connecting room.

I had an absolutely huge build in mind that I started an attempt on - it didn't take long for me to realize that one Open Space room was just simply not big enough for what I had envisioned.  Here's hoping that might change lol.

Archived