Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Vortex Weird Damage Multiplication

Foncible

So I've started playing Warframe again after Heart of Deimos came out, and I've been noticing that this weird thing happens with Vortex. If I shoot at a really high level enemy with Mausolon, I might do barely any damage, but if I use Vortex and the enemy gets ragdolled, they suddenly die INSTANTLY. I don't know if it does this with other weapons (definitely not Corinth), but it definitely happens with Mausolon. Does anyone know WHY it does this? I'd hope it's not a bug, because I really like that it does this. :(

Explosive + Ragdolls?   Afaik, enemies in the vortex can be "ground finished"....maybe explosions somehow deal melee damage (like glaive explosion) and that causes it to multiply as finisher?

I don't have Vauban to check.  Try another explosive weapon to see if its true?

44 minutes ago, Foncible said:

but if I use Vortex and the enemy gets ragdolled, they suddenly die INSTANTLY. I 

This is nothing new. Enemies have a special "ragdoll failsafe" where if they are ragdolled into an area where they cannot stand up, they die instantly. Vortex has a long history of triggering this failsafe by accident and killing enemies instantly. DE knows about it, they figure it's safer to leave it in, rather than try and patch it out and break everything

Nope, that video is definitely not working as intended... They must have introduced some unwanted interaction there, i've used Vortex a lot, and while it does some damage amplification due to the passive (enemies stuck in vortex take 25% more damage)... But that isn't 25, that looks to be more than 250 even...

5 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Nope, that video is definitely not working as intended... They must have introduced some unwanted interaction there, i've used Vortex a lot, and while it does some damage amplification due to the passive (enemies stuck in vortex take 25% more damage)... But that isn't 25, that looks to be more than 250 even...

Lmao... It's clearly working as intended. Here are some screenshots from the same video... Looks fine to me: 

mc8zW61.jpg

its not just a vauban thing , it also happens with other grouping abilities such as larva , im betting on its something to do with stealth dmg + ragdoll multipliers + aoe of that weapon hitting everything in that cluster multiple times but its just a guess , if they 'fix' ragdoll damage or whatever , at this point i dont even care no nerfs or buffs ever brings challenge to this game because the core is same , so have fun while it lasts as they say these days in warframe era :d 

1 hour ago, TehGrief said:

Lmao... It's clearly working as intended. Here are some screenshots from the same video... Looks fine to me: 

mc8zW61.jpg

Dude, he takes off 20% HP with those 783 damage, and kills the whole group in pretty much the same number of shots... Yeah, the numbers look correct, but the actual damage clearly isn't.

Archived