Pandora Pursuit Archwing Saturn

(XBOX)V4L4KH

Seriously, did your team beta tested this before release?, because the hit defs on that damn ship are waaaaaaaaay off and I mean off like shooting-them-at-point-blank-causes-no-damage off, and melee is utterly useless, so can you explain me exaclty how am I supposed to destroy the damn thing if I can´t damage it?

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

Seriously, did your team beta tested this before release?, because the hit defs on that damn ship are waaaaaaaaay off and I mean off like shooting-them-at-point-blank-causes-no-damage off, and melee is utterly useless, so can you explain me exaclty how am I supposed to destroy the damn thing if I can´t damage it?

You disable the main thruster, aka the one engine at the back.

Then you destroy the 4x Canisters Exposed on the Pursuit Target.

This is similar to the outrider targets that allow you to destroy them quickly if you shoot their exposed canisters.

They are called engines I think, but they are yellow in the purisuit mission.

You destroy all 4 yellow thingies then protect it for a minute for extraction.

16 hours ago, Magnulast said:

You disable the main thruster, aka the one engine at the back.

Then you destroy the 4x Canisters Exposed on the Pursuit Target.

This is similar to the outrider targets that allow you to destroy them quickly if you shoot their exposed canisters.

They are called engines I think, but they are yellow in the purisuit mission.

You destroy all 4 yellow thingies then protect it for a minute for extraction.

I know, the chick with the blue thing on her head keep telling me that.

I tried with the basic loadout or archwing (imperator I think is the name) above rank 26 with max damage, to my dismay I can´t hit a thing with it in this particular mission, while all the others where just fine, I thought it was me doing something wrong then I turned on the damage numbers on the HUD and most where 0 so then I went WTF!? I tired a few times until the enemy ship got stucked near an asteroid turbine and then can aim at the damn engines took me like 15 min getting that part. I think archwing is kinda enjoyable BUT needs refinement in various aspects, one of them is high speed target lock.

I don't really know if I agree, on the high speed target lock seems interesting, but warframe doesn't have bullet magentism to my knowledge as a aim assist. So it could be like the railjack main weapon/gun temp lock.

Also that would make the pursuit mission too easy.

Lastly you have to aim the Projectory of bullets to the canisters.

Well I think should be noted that aiming at high speeds needs some work, and about aim assist, I think Warframe has a low value aim assist which is good to let the player do most of the job, but also all fps and tps games have some degree of aim assist otherwise it would be almost impossible for the player to hit anything afaik, so aim assist value is never 0. Lastly Warframe lacks sticky aim (I think that should resolve the aim problem in the archwing).

Myself and 1 other tried this mission once with default Archwing weapons.  We did not have any success.  We kept (we thought) shooting at the right thing and just never seemed to do anything.

I built a Grattler and went in solo, and it was incredibly quick and easy.  Grattler wasn't even close to 30.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

Ok that makes the point worse, because that could get closer to a "pay to win" mechanic, of course I´m in saturn right now and I don´t remember that any archwing is a must to unlock a planet.

Okay, I did some testing for you:

Cortege: is completely useless, this does seem like a bug, though. Cortege was only implemented 2 updates ago and was not accounted for when designing this mission. This mission should've been taken into account for the weapon design, though.

Imperator: Easy, 1:34 min in and out no problems.

Cyngas: Easy (but harder than Imperator due to slower projectiles) 2:27 min in out no real difficulty.

Velocitus: Easiest so far (1 shots every part) 1:41 min even easy to snipe off incoming assault

Mausolon: Easy, 1:44 min

Dual Decurion: On par with Cyngas, 2:12 min

No mod run, Imperator, Odonata: 3:10s

This has no PtW aspect in it. Using the base archwing and base archgun this mission can be completed in less than 5 minutes. All the other weapons (excluding a bugged one which you most likely weren't using) are easily able to beat this mission. As others mentioned leading your shots might be your biggest problem. This is not an issue for the engines as you can shoot directly from behind, the nodes might be a bit more difficult. I'd say your biggest problem is the use of a controller with lower aiming accuracy (as you seemed to have asked for aim-assist). On PC no such aim-assist would be needed, but I don't know how hard it is to aim with a controller, since it's been a while since I played an FPS on a controller.

Most of the mission is just knowing what to do and being able to perform the aiming. If you are unable to complete this on your own, look for help in Recruiting. Anyone who has access to late game missions would have already completed the starchart and thus this mission.

I will admit this mission was made more uncomfortable by recent Archwing changes that removed 6-DoF and momentum, now you constantly have to start stop where  before you could glide with the ship when engines were taken out, the inability to loop also makes following a target uncomfortable.

On 2020-12-07 at 1:32 AM, PhiThagRaid said:

Okay, I did some testing for you:

Cortege: is completely useless, this does seem like a bug, though. Cortege was only implemented 2 updates ago and was not accounted for when designing this mission. This mission should've been taken into account for the weapon design, though.

Imperator: Easy, 1:34 min in and out no problems.

Cyngas: Easy (but harder than Imperator due to slower projectiles) 2:27 min in out no real difficulty.

Velocitus: Easiest so far (1 shots every part) 1:41 min even easy to snipe off incoming assault

Mausolon: Easy, 1:44 min

Dual Decurion: On par with Cyngas, 2:12 min

No mod run, Imperator, Odonata: 3:10s

This has no PtW aspect in it. Using the base archwing and base archgun this mission can be completed in less than 5 minutes. All the other weapons (excluding a bugged one which you most likely weren't using) are easily able to beat this mission. As others mentioned leading your shots might be your biggest problem. This is not an issue for the engines as you can shoot directly from behind, the nodes might be a bit more difficult. I'd say your biggest problem is the use of a controller with lower aiming accuracy (as you seemed to have asked for aim-assist). On PC no such aim-assist would be needed, but I don't know how hard it is to aim with a controller, since it's been a while since I played an FPS on a controller.

Most of the mission is just knowing what to do and being able to perform the aiming. If you are unable to complete this on your own, look for help in Recruiting. Anyone who has access to late game missions would have already completed the starchart and thus this mission.

I will admit this mission was made more uncomfortable by recent Archwing changes that removed 6-DoF and momentum, now you constantly have to start stop where  before you could glide with the ship when engines were taken out, the inability to loop also makes following a target uncomfortable.

Already completed it and is hard as fk on Xbox, I don´t know the differences with PC outside the input methods (which I assume should be plenty), but judging by your explanation Warframe on PC and Warframe on xbox are veeeery different. Just check out how many guys complained about it when released (just googled it before posting and seems I´m not the only one with an issue on that particular mission).

10 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

I don´t know the differences with PC outside the input methods (which I assume should be plenty), but judging by your explanation Warframe on PC and Warframe on xbox are veeeery different.

Could you explain any differences other than the controls? I've tried looking at xbox youtube videos and they show the exact same mission as on PC.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

Just check out how many guys complained about it when released

I understand that a lot of people might complain, but when archwing first released there was a large part of the community that just hated it all, so there is bound to be people complaining about the more unique archwing mission which isn't just a normal mission ported to space. This mission should be seen more an archwing boss fight than a normal mission based on the mechanics.

When I started out I found this mission way harder than the rest of the archwing missions, but looking back I can see it was mainly a lack of knowledge on how to complete the fight that made it difficult. So I dont think that people complaining is the best metric of determining whether or not something is difficult, it only shows people think it is difficult, but hey in the end is there a difference?

20 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

Already completed it and is hard as fk on Xbox, I don´t know the differences with PC outside the input methods (which I assume should be plenty), but judging by your explanation Warframe on PC and Warframe on xbox are veeeery different. Just check out how many guys complained about it when released (just googled it before posting and seems I´m not the only one with an issue on that particular mission).

As someone who plays on PC but uses a controller, it's the controller (I used to play on PS4, so when I came back controller play is what I knew - plus playing games for long periods on keyboard hurts my slightly permanently hurting left shoulder).  On PC with controller, there are times where I need to use the mouse to aim well (Eidolons, Necramechs and sniping stand out).  Still control movement with left stick, but aim with mouse (and lose ability to cast abilities).

Which is why I use the Ignis Wraith (though I mostly melee).

On 2020-12-06 at 7:32 PM, PhiThagRaid said:

It really shouldn't, since archwing missions are slated for a revision, wouldn't make sense to tailor a weapon for a mission that might not exist at some point.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

Just check out how many guys complained about it when released (just googled it before posting and seems I´m not the only one with an issue on that particular mission).

If people were complaining before, that was probably with the old flight system, not the revamped version.

10 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

When I started out I found this mission way harder than the rest of the archwing missions, but looking back I can see it was mainly a lack of knowledge on how to complete the fight that made it difficult. So I dont think that people complaining is the best metric of determining whether or not something is difficult, it only shows people think it is difficult, but hey in the end is there a difference?

Same with the rush mission, took a few times to learn about the mission, also watching any youtube videos about it immensely helps.

Just now, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

It really shouldn't, since archwing missions are slated for a revision, wouldn't make sense to tailor a weapon for a mission that might not exist at some point.

If people were complaining before, that was probably with the old flight system, not the revamped version.

Same with the rush mission, took a few times to learn about the mission, also watching any youtube videos about it immensely helps.

Are you telling me it was worse before!? Damn good for me I wasn´t here when that happened not to mention relaying on an external source to figure out how to do something just demonstrate a crappy design, because one of the fundaments for game design is "intuition", the base mechanics must be easy to understand at a visceral level not requiring too much brains to get it going, if you can´t do that properly obviously your failing at doing so, and if there is one thing I´ve seen in the games-as-a-service flock is this: the longer they go the worse they get at explaining stuff.

8 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Could you explain any differences other than the controls? I've tried looking at xbox youtube videos and they show the exact same mission as on PC.

I understand that a lot of people might complain, but when archwing first released there was a large part of the community that just hated it all, so there is bound to be people complaining about the more unique archwing mission which isn't just a normal mission ported to space. This mission should be seen more an archwing boss fight than a normal mission based on the mechanics.

For instance both systems are completely different since consoles are just for playing games (well and multimedia streaming in the late incarnations) while pc is basically a swiss knife and the way the user modify the system obviously may impact on a game performance and perception, and that versatility made possible to adapt to the game more efficiently if you know how to geek it porperly, meanwhile in the console environment you´re restricted to the standard capabilities of the system otherwise you risk a ban.

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

For instance both systems are completely different since consoles are just for playing games (well and multimedia streaming in the late incarnations) while pc is basically a swiss knife and the way the user modify the system obviously may impact on a game performance and perception, and that versatility made possible to adapt to the game more efficiently if you know how to geek it porperly, meanwhile in the console environment you´re restricted to the standard capabilities of the system otherwise you risk a ban.

This seems like either you don't understand the question or you don't understand PCs. Sure, what you are saying is true when generalizing across all games, but Warframe being an "MMO" makes most of what you said not apply. I'm quite certain 95+% of PC players are running the game without external functions changing how the game is played, and doing so is always putting you at risk for a ban. PC will have greater capabilities to change in game settings, but none of that should affect this specific mission. 

The question was how this mission is any different between PC and console, and as far as I can tell there is basically none. Thus the only difference that seems to play a role here is the controller since aiming sounded like your problem.

Just now, PhiThagRaid said:

This seems like either you don't understand the question or you don't understand PCs. Sure, what you are saying is true when generalizing across all games, but Warframe being an "MMO" makes most of what you said not apply. I'm quite certain 95+% of PC players are running the game without external functions changing how the game is played, and doing so is always putting you at risk for a ban. PC will have greater capabilities to change in game settings, but none of that should affect this specific mission. 

The question was how this mission is any different between PC and console, and as far as I can tell there is basically none. Thus the only difference that seems to play a role here is the controller since aiming sounded like your problem.

OK mr wise guy can you tell me the difference in ms between an elite xbox controller at 1 feet from the xbox and a razer naga wireless kit at 1 feet from the pc? not to mention the hoy keys / shortcut options (8 just in the mouse) for complex inputs, and lets talk about performance drives (which all gaming gear usually have)

2 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

OK mr wise guy can you tell me the difference in ms between an elite xbox controller at 1 feet from the xbox and a razer naga wireless kit at 1 feet from the pc? not to mention the hoy keys / shortcut options (8 just in the mouse) for complex inputs, and lets talk about performance drives (which all gaming gear usually have)

While I'm against blind PC elitism, this is not a case of it.

I play on the Switch, so the controller I'm using is very similar to the one you are. I can tell you right now that the AW Pursuit mission is actually fairly easy on consoles. As for the question of the mission being different/harder on console than on PC - it's not!

The only thing I'd suggest for it is that you get something other than the default Imperator (I like using Grattler for it, but many other guns work). This is in no way P2W: the gun is available as dojo research, and by the time you reach Saturn you should be joining a clan anyway. Or if you are really stuck - ask for help in recruiting chat

Archived