Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad Doen't Help His Cause...

FrostWolf

Why are the corpus such arrogant ego centric asshats?

The Grineer atleast fear/respect the Tenno as engines of death a destruction while those Pencil pusher Corpus act like we only exist cause they whim it.

Event after event

Corpus act smug and superior... even when they lose!

Alad pretty much waves the fact that he is gonna do horrible things to the captive Tenno... when you're on his side! He is suppose to be a PR guy and he has no notion of building a reparse with you or anyone. 

Say what you want about Ruk's engrish the fact he bothered to learn it and is smart enough to focus on Corpus killing then the moral dilemma... Ruk atleast is trying not to piss you off at him as you help.

Corpus need to lose just for the humility check, They've been on their Ego trip since the Moa Event

I did a planet for the Corpus to hear the dialogue and I agree. The difference between how Ruk and Alad act when pressured(when you are on the 4th or 5th mission for their enemy) also says a lot.

When you side with Corpus, Ruk will warn you about how Alad V will betray you. Alad will talk about having a common enemy and how the Corpus hate being slaves. What do you think he is doing to do with the Tenno he gets? When pressured, Ruk talks about how he is going to use your body to kill Alad V.

When you side with Grineer, Alad V rants about how bad the Tenno are(also calls them hypocrites, rather funny when you combine it with his hatred of the Corpus being slaves and what he plans to do with the pods). Ruk talks about mutual joy in killing Corpus and its pleased with how well you do. When pressured, Alad V offers to double what the Grineer are paying. Indecently, that has yet to happen.

Sure Ruk may be evil, but the in-your-face kind instead of the sneaky backstabbing cowardly kind that Alad V seems to be. I suspect Ruk has no problem letting the Tenno have the pods while cheerfully telling them the next time they meet he will kill them.

I have a begrudging respect for Ruk, since he seems more like some kind of warrior than an evil general. Sure, the Grineer are savage and power hungry, but they're only looking out for the interests of their people, instead of nothing but profit. Alad V is a greedy, conniving bastard, and I wanted to strangle him ever since he told me about his "great plans".

I did a planet for the Corpus to hear the dialogue and I agree. The difference between how Ruk and Alad act when pressured(when you are on the 4th or 5th mission for their enemy) also says a lot.

When you side with Corpus, Ruk will warn you about how Alad V will betray you. Alad will talk about having a common enemy and how the Corpus hate being slaves. What do you think he is doing to do with the Tenno he gets? When pressured, Ruk talks about how he is going to use your body to kill Alad V.

When you side with Grineer, Alad V rants about how bad the Tenno are(also calls them hypocrites, rather funny when you combine it with his hatred of the Corpus being slaves and what he plans to do with the pods). Ruk talks about mutual joy in killing Corpus and its pleased with how well you do. When pressured, Alad V offers to double what the Grineer are paying. Indecently, that has yet to happen.

Sure Ruk may be evil, but the in-your-face kind instead of the sneaky backstabbing cowardly kind that Alad V seems to be. I suspect Ruk has no problem letting the Tenno have the pods while cheerfully telling them the next time they meet he will kill them.

You forget to mention the line, where Salad V says that your warframe will be a nice addition to his inventory, when you play against him.

They are the same, really.

Edited by Christo92K

Corpus: Get help from Tenno to capture Pods to reverse engineer and study the S#&$ out of them so they can build and sell superior stuff in the future.. presumably to the Tenno so they get more advanced and better in keeping the balance in the universe.

Grineer: Get help from the Tenno to get the Pods to destroy/kill them and afterwards kill all Tenno because that's what Grineer always did and basically... that's it.

Atleast, even with some sacrifice.. on the Corpus side the Tenno will get their share.

Why are the corpus such arrogant ego centric asshats?

The Grineer atleast fear/respect the Tenno as engines of death a destruction while those Pencil pusher Corpus act like we only exist cause they whim it.

Event after event

Corpus act smug and superior... even when they lose!

Alad pretty much waves the fact that he is gonna do horrible things to the captive Tenno... when you're on his side! He is suppose to be a PR guy and he has no notion of building a reparse with you or anyone. 

Say what you want about Ruk's engrish the fact he bothered to learn it and is smart enough to focus on Corpus killing then the moral dilemma... Ruk atleast is trying not to &!$$ you off at him as you help.

Corpus need to lose just for the humility check, They've been on their Ego trip since the Moa Event

Cause his pet would mop the floor with a group of grineer faster then a Tenno can beat the extermination missions for this event... which took me 3 minutes on one, so that means less then 3 minutes for the pet of death...

Least you know where you stand with Klingons

I'm pretty sure where I stand with Ruk. He's gonna go be our enemy once more after the event. But he's not above complimenting our fighting prowess. Just like the Klingons aren't above complimenting the Federation. Plus, y'know... "squeeze the greedy milk out of their skulls". Total Klingon.

Corpus: Get help from Tenno to capture Pods to reverse engineer and study the S#&$ out of them so they can build and sell superior stuff in the future.. presumably to the Tenno so they get more advanced and better in keeping the balance in the universe.

Corpus: Get help from the Tenno to keep your hold on the pods full of sleeping Tenno. Pay them a pittance, trusting in the fact that they don't want the grineer empire stronger to draw them to your side. Then thaw out the sleeping Tenno and do unethical science to them as part of the Zanuka project. (How was the Berserker described? Skinned, "she's seen things"?) Gloat how you'll wipe out the Tenno as soon as the Zanuka project is complete.

Grineer: Get the Tenno to help kill corpus and expand your empire. Let the Tenno have the pods afterwards because honor/inability to stop them. Also generally act like a total bro.

One side is the clear right option here.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Grineer: Get the Tenno to help kill corpus and expand your empire. Let the Tenno have the pods afterwards because honor/inability to stop them. Also generally act like a total bro.

Grineer: Help them kill Corpus and grow stronger in the universe and get the Cryopods.. and then they will kill you in the end because you are so "bro" to them because Grineer have sworn that all Tenno must die along time ago and even if they have a primitive sense of honor.. in the end they have a Queen they listen to.. and she's having pms 24/7, 365 a year.

If you really think the Grineer will not betray you and are the good guys in this War then i'm sorry to tell you: "Ahahahahahahah!"

Grineer: Help them kill Corpus and grow stronger in the universe and get the Cryopods.. and then they will kill you in the end because you are so "bro" to them because Grineer have sworn that all Tenno must die along time ago and even if they have a primitive sense of honor.. in the end they have a Queen they listen to.. and she's having pms 24/7, 365 a year.

If you really think the Grineer will not betray you and are the good guys in this War then i'm sorry to tell you: "Ahahahahahahah!"

Key point there: inability to stop them.

As I've said before, Ruk is welcome to betray us. Going by how many grineer we've killed and how depleted he'll be from this event, it won't amount to much though.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Key point there: inability to stop them.

As I've said before, Ruk is welcome to betray us. Going by how many grineer we've killed and how depleted he'll be from this event, it won't amount to much though.

85% of all Tenno kill corpus.. i guess your made up lore about weakened Grineer will not work ;)

Why do people have some illusion that our enemies are somehow our friends?

Newsflash: Both of them are enemies and both of them will betray us when the event is over and more likely than not we'll kill the bejesus out of them for doing so.

Look I'm not under the delusion that this makes us pals.

What I'm saying is... Villianwise

The Corpus who are suppose to be scheming manipulators... absolutely suck at their job... cause to be a schemer... you need this thing called Subtlety. Corpus are as subtle as a Semi Truck through your front door. and they have an air of arrogance that they don't really have the right to have. I mean if they had super weapons or cowed the Grineer into their partnership with blackmail... or something.

No the Geeks literally think they can go toe to toe with a Superr Soldier Empire and the Orokin's elite.

Alad is suppose to be the PR guy with the Grineer, IE he should be spin doctoring the hell out of this, claiming that Corpus is the only ones keeping the Mars Colonial free or without Corpus goods the Tenno themselves will fail or the Mars resistance will be unable to fight off the Grineer tide. You know make it seem like being on his side is beneficial to other people then just themselves. Lying out of his &#!.

Instead he is openly hostile toward  you -see the battlepay reward... for winning- and makes it clear under no terms you siding with the Corpus benefits only the Corpus.

Ruk might be faking sincerity -or he is absolutely in awe of how well you kill things... the grineer kinda got this Dark eldar BS&M thing going- but he is smart enough to focus on the Corpus being your mutual enemy... and doesn't bring up the Moral dilemma.

The Combat General with the broken engrish -and possible suffereing nueral decay from clone degradation- is doing a better PR job then the Guy whose Job is to PR the crap out of stuff.

Alad V only has his job cause Mother V can suck a photon torpedo through a garden hose!

85% of all Tenno kill corpus.. i guess your made up lore about weakened Grineer will not work ;)

And you forgot Tenno don't get tired, have warp ships that go wherever the hell they want (and grineer still can't pinpoint them) and have enough firepower to turn an ambush into a blood bath for the would be predator.

Edited by fatpig84

So the corpus's big comeback was Alad finally coughing up two potatoes... and ended about as quickly as it started.

Narratively speaking the Grineer haven't lived up to their "Space Mongols" image pretty much being beaten at every turn, and The Corpus will just pull another Fusion Moa where they swarm an area with their new Zanuka in an attempt to wipe out the tenno cells in that sector, lose, shrug it off and go to their next evil mad science plan... Space sharks with freaking lasers on their heads!

So Honestly... the Grineer winning would be a shake up of Status Quo them finally accomplishing something.

Salad's not a hypocrite; He's going to DISSECT the tenno, not enslave 'em!

Everything else you said is very much true, though.

Honestly, I'm fighting for the Grineer out of a (vain) hope that it will get Alad V fired and replaced by somebody who ISN'T a freaking moron (Fomorians, anybody?)

Edited by OblivionNecroninja