Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Launchers

CuChulainnWD

@[DE]RebeccaWould it be possible to give those of us with the infinite and the buildable archwing launches to be able to equip both please? Too often I have gone into pugs open world where I come across a fellow baby Tenno that does not have an Archwing Launcher of their own. I have 4K of the bloody things built and I would like to be able to share them out in the field on such occasions.

This would be especially useful on the Vallis when new Tenno would like to participate in events such as Thermia Fractures going after coolant canisters and then traversing the immense terrain set to get to the fracture, or the Infested event. It would also bring a little more Tenno community participation back into the game.

Figured if we don't ask, we don't get.

Thanks

6 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Too often I have gone into pugs open world where I come across a fellow baby Tenno that does not have an Archwing Launcher of their own. I have 4K of the bloody things built and I would like to be able to share them out in the field on such occasions.

I'm not sure what giving newbies the equivalent of a fighter jet, when they won't know the controls for it, would accomplish other than possibly being hilarious watching an MR0 Kamikaze into everything and then die.

Flying Looney Tunes GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I'm not sure what giving newbies the equivalent of a fighter jet, when they won't know the controls for it, would accomplish other than possibly being hilarious watching an MR0 Kamikaze into everything and then die.

This made me laugh far too hard :D

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Point and fly straight is not a hard thing to do out on the open world. There is no fancy flying mechanics required. Most adults have the basics down from playing vid3eo games back in the 1970's. Second Mr 6 is not exactly inexperienced either. I had one with me the other day doing Thermia Fracs, chasing me on my Archwing on his Kdrive as I leveled up my Mech. So every second frac I would have to fly out to grab another canister for him. Boy it would have been nice if he could have flown himself.

If an Mr 0 wants to go into the open world, which I think is a baseless argument anyway as they have prerequisites to get through. Think your argument against through. Would it not allow them a chance to practice the flying {in open world} so that your "hilarious"  Wiile E Coyote  style" meme does not persist?

If you do not want to share your toys, that is fine. I have 4K of the bloody launchers in my inventory, I have no problem sharing . As it stands now they are wasting away doing sweet FA in my inventory.

I got to agree archwing is not complicated. Even if someone with no archwing gets the 0 Warframe 0 ability Excalibur treatment it’s better then nothing.

A lot of new players who go in open worlds can’t even participate with the group. They just walk 1/2 way to the objective then it swaps to another point and again and again. If they are lucky they get to play in an 1 of the 4 objectives for about 30 seconds. After those 30 seconds they get to slowly walk to the gate knowing they are holding the whole group up. 

Its a bad experience so change would be good.

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Wait, what?

Question one, how? Question two, why?

You used to build them in lots of 50, and I suspect he just built more every time he went to his foundry.  As for why?  Well you have to remember that basically any enemy can knock you off your archwing by giving you an angry look, and the fact that you need a new one every time you launch for any reason, so doing bounties or eidolon hunts it's easy to burn through a large number quickly.

Personally I just want the launcher as it stands to stop telling me "Invalid Launch Point" every time I stand on slightly uneven terrain.

Archived