Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea; Reset The Event, Or Change The Reward System.

Gigaus

Normally I wouldn't say something so outlandish for an event; It's an event, mistakes will be made, and nothing will be perfect. But lets be frank here, both sides are in agreement that this is totally unbalanced and almost clearly a stacked event. I aire on the side that thinks this was just a big mistake, but it's not totally outside some people's reasoning that this is just DE's way of telling a story in a bad way; If there was a Grineer/Corpus 'war', the Grineer would have an advantage, and most likely there'd be nothing the corpus could do.....Except, rewards are attached to this, long term and short.

Because of how the system works, the losing side not only doesn't get what they wanted, but everyone effectively gets bared from using given weapons; Tier 1 stuff is awarded regardless of victor, and you can't get both sides tier 1s....tier 2 depends completely on the victor, so you could want the Prova, but most likely you'll end up with the Machette-- which, I'm sorry, I have to question why out of everything you could have chose DE, did you take the wiffle bat of the Grinner....There were plenty of other melee weapons you could have chosen that could have used some love. Machette was not one of them. Tier 3 depends on who wins twice over; If the Corpus lose, then anyone who supported the corpus will not only not get the Prova, but also miss out on the Detron, a free weapon slot, Catalyst, and be stuck with only the BP of a gun they didn't want....Which we don't even know the recipe for, or stats. Personally, I think the Grineer hand cannon will be crap-- practically all non-lab grineer weapons suck terribly, while the Corpus ones are at least usable and unique in some ways. But what this also means is special versions of these weapons, as well as the default for one, will just...not exist for a time. Forgive me DE, but I don't exactly follow along with the notion that 'putting them in the bank [not to confuse things with the Vaults, gg there] is decent enough. If it takes you months just to get simple mods back into the game, how long will it be before we see these weapons again? 

Now, I can debate how 'even' the rewards were all day; mass sums of credits compared to Lab mats, and then common mats compared to the same amount of credits. Truthfully, I find the credits more useful; Credits are needed for everything, upgrading mods, buying Bps and crafting weapons and the like, transmuting mods....but at the end of the day, advanced resources that you need to double craft to even have? Research time plus the BP cost, plus actually making the damned thing....It doesn't quite reach 1k in total, but damned if they aren't close. And in truth, that's not even the big point here; People saw it as a better reward overall, hands down, one BOTH sides....The thing is, some people swallowed their greed and logic, and went with Corpus because they wanted to....The issue is how many people -had- to go with the Grineer because of such mishandling?

First we have unbalanced rewards, favoring the unbalanced, easier side over the harder one, and then once that stone started rolling, I have to wonder how many clans started internal conflicts because of that silly choice to make Clans relevant in this....I'm sorry, but to even give cosmetic badges to -clans-, not individuals, for this screw up was not a good idea in the first place, but to also make it so each individual could negatively effect the score?...Hi, DE, do you not know what try hards are? Or elitists? I know that they're not the majority out there, but they -do- exist in your player base, just incase you forgot. You guys made this so one sided, that it's less 'oh, you made a choice different than mine', and more 'you made the 'wrong' choice', because, lets face it, no ones going to support Corpus unless they're die-hards. Logically, Grineer is better, in terns of short term rewards, and overall easiness....You can run twice as many Pro-Grineer missions as you can Pro-Corpus because you forgot to account for a major thing; your factions aren't balanced worth a damn. Corpus have one-- two, ya know what, I'll give you two, two 'heavy' units that die in a couple hits, and barely put out any damage....The Grineer have five, and even their basic soldier has armor out the &#! [which, I'll be honest, isn't that big an issue on the commons]. Not to mention that Grineer has some of the best CC there is, four of their units can stun/knockdown, two set you on fire, and one has a piercing weapon that can hit multipul times....All of which do gobs of damage, and can even kill you after you've killed them~! But it's okay, they're specials.....Wait, two of them spawn at the same rate as the commons normally?....And the spawn rate's been upped, so even the specials spawn commonly?....They were upped, not -downed-?

I'm sorry, but...The situation needs to be rectified, in some -signifigent- manner. It's not simply a matter that 'oh, well, one side's going to lose because of a faulty system', it's not like a ballot box went on the frizts and kept submitting votes for BoBo the clown...It feels more like the event was rigged from the start, and that doesn't sit well with me, or many other people as well. More than that, because you guys decided to tie some weapons into the mix, in a fashion that could deprive one group in favor of another, you've created a very really split in the community, in an unhealthy way. I passed a thread coming in here about a guy probably going to be kicked from his clan for supporting Corpus, due to the little trophy that was placed up, and apparently caused some people to lose their common sense...considering -it's a sodding game-....And what sits at worst with me is...You guys gave us a choice, then tipped the scales pretty heavily. It feels like when someone goes 'you can choose whatever ice-cream you want-- so long as it's chocolate', and that's a little galling.

As the title says, I suggest just resetting the event, wipe the slate and learn from your mistakes. Hell, you don't even need to make it official-- I'd totally buy that there was a server malfunction somewhere and a faulty patch got deployed! But just so long as the situation becomes evened out in some respect, I think most people would be happy....And if you can't restart the event, then change the reward system; if people supported Corpus, at least let them have -one- of the weapons they worked hard for.....Heck, even change the Tier 1 stuff, my friend said it'd be totally reasonable for Grinner to have really crap rewards, or [at least in his mind] no rewards at all. Lets be frank, even if you upped the spawn rate of Corpus Techs, they're not going to compare to Heavies, Napalm, and Evisceraters, in packs. Playing on Grineer is like playing on easy mode; as long as you don't do something stupid, you'll be fine. But as it stands, you have a 'have your cake and eat it too' situation...You have the Grinner with the better rewards AND the easier levels, while the Corpus have the lower rewards AND the harder levels....the only thing I can say is good about the Corpus side is you get more Exp per kill and level, but because they take so long you lose out on potential exp and drops from elsewhere.

Tl;Dr: Oi, De, sort this out, your Grinner are too strong and too easy in bed, and the Corpus are getting paddled ;cuz of your mistake. Reset the event or just nerf the Grineer rewards into the ground.

Your's truly

-Gigaus

Man waiting for the angry mob to come

Resetting the event will change nothing other than create even more gripe threads. The Grineer have more huge clans supporting them, resetting this will only serve to piss off the people who have been no-life'ing this event and those like me who have almost gotten to 100.

For your entertainment and education:

49LBkHH.png

Total: 86,420

gaifsGS.png

Total: 25,840

Dude its an awesome event, it gives us power to control the story inside the game, it give us not one but TWO unique weapons, and a lot of awesome drop-rewards.

Who cares if we can't get all the items the developer have ever designed?? Do you know how many designs they had that never even got to us? I bet you don't, and I bet they are a lot...

The event has been for only a day, there is still a week to go, so I'm pretty sure the field will balance, but it won't if people keeps picking grineer.

Dude its an awesome event, it gives us power to control the story inside the game, it give us not one but TWO unique weapons, and a lot of awesome drop-rewards.

Who cares if we can't get all the items the developer have ever designed?? Do you know how many designs they had that never even got to us? I bet you don't, and I bet they are a lot...

The event has been for only a day, there is still a week to go, so I'm pretty sure the field will balance, but it won't if people keeps picking grineer.

The only way it is balancing is if the majority of the people not in clans switch to supporting the Corpus. Big clans aren't risking their position on the leaderboard just to even out something they're trying to win.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I think the concept of the event is great, the issue is that, as five different chats keep pointing out, it's a one sided match given massive balance issues, and very uneven rewards. Again, cake and eat it too; are you going to pick the better reward and the easier match, or the lesser reward  and a much harder match?

Jesus. This event is a week long. The corpus will get better rewards as it drags on. Calm down. I swear people who claim to be on the corpus side but are mercenaries make me laugh.

Uh, one, there's only so many maps. Two you don't know that. And three....Look at the post above, most people are going Grineer, because the majority of people has a knee jerk reaction, and the talking heads said 'We're not switching, we want that golden potato!'.....It's not that people are mercenaries; it's that the sodding ship caught a hole five minutes in and people are abandoning ship.

The Tier 3 rewards simply need to be changed thusly:

If your faction wins you get their Hand Cannon+the goodies (slot+catalyst)

If your faction loses you get the blueprint for their Hand Cannon, without the goodies.

That the people who stuck with Corpus to the bitter end should not be rewarded, but actually have insult added to injury by giving them a Grineer weapon blueprint, makes absolutely no sense and is actually quite thoughtless on DE's part.

The Tier 3 rewards simply need to be changed thusly:

If your faction wins you get their Hand Cannon+the goodies (slot+catalyst)

If your faction loses you get the blueprint for their Hand Cannon, without the goodies.

That the people who stuck with Corpus to the bitter end should not be rewarded, but actually have insult added to injury by giving them a Grineer weapon blueprint, makes absolutely no sense and is actually quite thoughtless on DE's part.

Since when does war end in 'well, at least you tried' trophies? They shouldn't lose and still get what they want. That's just not how things like this work. I'd actually prefer that the losing side get's nothing, but that wouldn't work with this community. 

Since when does war end in 'well, at least you tried' trophies? They shouldn't lose and still get what they want. That's just not how things like this work. I'd actually prefer that the losing side get's nothing, but that wouldn't work with this community. 

How the &#! does giving them a Grineer weapon make more sense? Please explain that to me.

The problem is. Corpus supporter already &!$$ed off and keep whining instead of playing. that scoreboard seems showing it.

maybe if they stop complaining and start playing.. maybe.. instead doing 5 mission and "I had enough, take the planet, grineer"

Kudos to the Crescent moon. Thats a dedication. If all corpus player doing like them and stop complaining about battle pay reward and start playing and realize the event is 1 week and still many node haven't touched by the event and the battle pay may turn to their favor, they actually have chance.

but oh well. KEEP WHINING GUYS. its delicious.

Edited by Robotgedek

Kudos to the Crescent moon. Thats a dedication. If all corpus player doing like them and stop complaining about battle pay reward and start playing and realize the event is 1 week and still many node haven't touched by the event and the battle pay may turn to their favor, they actually have chance.

No they don't. One more Corpus player vs. the biggest clans who have picked Grineer? Don't make me laugh.

How the &#! does giving them a Grineer weapon make more sense? Please explain that to me.

The loser in war does not get what they want. They are forced to accept whatever terms or compromise the winner decides upon. IMO it'd make more sense for the losers to get nothing. But, given how the playerbase would react to that. The better choice is to give them the grineer weapon, because (ignoring the lore and other stuff) this is a war over which hand cannon we get. Not whether our weapon is slotted and potato'd.

The problem is. Corpus supporter already &!$$ed off and keep whining instead of playing. that scoreboard seems showing it.

maybe if they stop complaining and start playing.. maybe.. instead doing 5 mission and "I had enough, take the planet, grineer"

but oh well. KEEP WHINING GUYS. its delicious.

You are certainly a top contender for funniest post of the day... 

This guy summed it up perfectly: 

No they don't. One more Corpus player vs. the biggest clans who have picked Grineer? Don't make me laugh.

So you're just a d-bag, wanting to spite people the best possible way.

Gotcha.

lol spite people? No I just don't see why people seem to thing they should be able to lose without actually losing. The reward isn't "if you win you get a weapon slot and a potato, if not you don't.", the weapon itself is part of the reward. Why should the losers get what they want even if they lose?

People want to lose without losing is prob the biggest issue :/  They want their cake whether or not they win.  

^This.

If we got locked to the faction we chose to begin with there would be no faction hoppers (you know, those who just play the side with the best rewards).

Perhaps more people would still have played Grineer, I have no idea, but at least our choice had some impact.

/facepalm

You guys realize that you get a freaking Hand Cannon regardless if you win or lose right? Giving them the correct Hand Cannon blueprint does in no way change the quality of the reward.

Better they get what my side fought for than what they were fighting for. I just don't see how it makes sense to give the losers what they want. If I was on the losing side I'd still support this line of thought. I don't even think the loser of a skirmish should get their battle payment. But that would turn each  node into a quick rush of support followed by a exponential increase in support for whoever came out on top in the initial clash.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Then what would be the point to play Corpus right now? I don't see any. Grineer are going to win; do you pick the S#&$ty or the good Grineer reward?

There is no point. Huge clan support made the choices null the second this event got announced. A 68K+ point lead over the Corpus makes supporting the Corpus a terrible idea. Had the clan thing been handled differently this might not have become an issue. Too bad. I still don't agree with resetting the event.