Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes just as annoying as glassed enemies

Berzerkules

I love them, they also are literally one of the most requested things since they added steel path 

"hey DE you can't make a special enemy unit to spawn regularly!?!?"

"hey DE this isn't difficulty, thiese are the same enemies, what about something special!?!?"

"hey DE I would love if acolytes were mroe often!!"

"hey DE what about a stalker mode in steelpath were the stalker is mroe powerful!!"

I wish we could have them from time to time in regular game also, like an universal juggernaut. Too many alarms? Acolyte. Too many killed enemies? Acolyte. Youtr screen it's too bright? Acolyte. You cliped trhough the floor? Acolyte. Acolytes for everyone, everywhere. ACOLYTEEEEEEEEES.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

I love them, they also are literally one of the most requested things since they added steel path 

"hey DE you can't make a special enemy unit to spawn regularly!?!?"

"hey DE this isn't difficulty, thiese are the same enemies, what about something special!?!?"

"hey DE I would love if acolytes were mroe often!!"

"hey DE what about a stalker mode in steelpath were the stalker is mroe powerful!!"

I wish we could have them from time to time in regular game also, like an universal juggernaut. Too many alarms? Acolyte. Too many killed enemies? Acolyte. Youtr screen it's too bright? Acolyte. You cliped trhough the floor? Acolyte. Acolytes for everyone, everywhere. ACOLYTEEEEEEEEES.

You're joking around a little bit, but I think we do need more mini-bosses. 

Bursas and manics were supposed to be the mini-boss for alarms being left on. They should bring back the mini-boss version of those enemies in SP. 

There should also be a special mini-boss or enemy spawns if you are killing enemies too fast. 

SP would be better if it dynamically responded to the players performance. 

11 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You're joking around a little bit, but I think we do need more mini-bosses. 

Bursas and manics were supposed to be the mini-boss for alarms being left on. They should being back the mini-boss version of those enemies in SP. 

There should also be a special mini-boss or enemy spawns if you are killing enemies too fast. 

SP would be better if it dynamically responded to the players performance. 

I would love it honestly, I just wish they add more SE to it instead more stuff. Why? Not because I want more SE, but to dilute the salt on the """""""endurance""""""" playerbase. Because endurance players doesn't care about rewards at all.

I like the Acolytes, though they arent really tuned.

As Grendel, Sandy and some others they are just there as a mist of red and pulp with no real attention needed towards them. On more fragile frames some of them turn into utter cheese. Some balance in between so they are both more exciting and notable to fight as Grendel+, while also being slightly more forgiving versus the more fragile frames.

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

As Grendel, Sandy and some others they are just there as a mist of red and pulp with no real attention needed towards them. On more fragile frames some of them turn into utter cheese. Some balance in between so they are both more exciting and notable to fight as Grendel+, while also being slightly more forgiving versus the more fragile frames.

I found them surprisingly easy. They barely feel like buffed versions of their former selves. 

I still think they're in a good spot though. Tough enough to focus attention on, but not too hard to require meta gear. 

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I found them surprisingly easy. They barely feel like buffed versions of their former selves. 

I still think they're in a good spot though. Tough enough to focus attention on, but not too hard to require meta gear. 

It is just the odd one shots that happen versus frames with lower health pools. My Grendel can get hit for 1k+ damage straight through 2k+ armor and max stacked adaptation. Other frames just cant survive that when there pool is somewhere in the 800-1.5k area. The acolytes die very easily, it is just that their attacks arent really obvious, so sometimes you just get insta killed when slashing and rending them in their face as a "fragile" frame, especially if the acolyte also has some form of DoT attack.

8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

What I dislike is I can run builds I've taken to lvl 5k+ in SP and they get destroyed because none of their kit works against Acolytes even though it works great against every other enemy. Frames with builds for endless endurance are the only ones actually threatened by Acolytes.

Then I can take a dumb abomination build like 450hp Nidus with negative strength, no health, no armor, no damage reduction, high range and resonator and survive forever because enemies just ignore me. The Acolytes show up and pose no threat because his passive. It's such a stupid build but it works. 

Or I could run Energy Siphon Hildryn and be literally immortal due to a bug.

Or I can casually run anything with health, armor, damage reduction, healing return etc. for an hour or so with no threat, but after that it's time to go because they can't hang past that point. 

Archived