Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity's Link and EV Possibly Casting on Vulpaphylas

JumboDragon

Hello!

I reasonably certain that Trinity's Link and EV have a friendly fire recognition issue with squad Vulpaphylas. I was helping my friends level Necromechs in Fortuna when I noticed this issue. I was not the host. 

I believe I saw my Trinity's Link connect to my squadmate's Vulpaphyla. I think I was also able to cast Energy Vampire on the same pet. It was pretty chaotic, so I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this happened at least twice. I don't remember what type of Vulpaphyla it was. Maybe the targeting gets messed up after a devolution larvae respawn. 

I don't think Link or EV was doing damage to the Vulpaphyla. I also did not have a radiation proc on me (negated by Link). I don't think the Vulpaphyla had a radiation proc, either. 

This bug is a little rough for high duration Tank Trinity builds since if the EV casts on the Vulpaphyla, you can't cast it again until it runs the full duration and gives no energy back for it.

Thanks!
-Jumbo

• 1 month later...

Bump to this topic. I was able to confirm that I cast Energy Vampire on my own Panzer Vulpaphyla while doing the sortie today. It did no damage to my pet and did not give me any energy. The ability then ran the full duration which locked me out of recasting it on another target. 

Thanks!

-Jumbo

Hello JumboDragon!

I wasn't able to reproduce this on my own or my teammate's Vulpaphyla. However, since you did mention that it happened in Today's sortie, I have a feeling your Vulpaphyla became radiated in a radiation hazard on Sortie stage three. Radiation causes you to be able to target and harm friendly units.

Hopefully that helps out!

Thanks for taking the time to look into this!

I can confirm that I was able to cast EV on my squadmate's vulpaphyla during a fissure mission in the last day or two - no radiation hazard. Same thing happened in that the vulpaphyla took my EV cast but took no damage and gave no energy back. It also locked me out of recasting Energy Vampire until the full duration ran out. The first time I noticed this happening was in Fortuna where I don't think there was the threat of radiation procs. 

I'll give some more details on how I play Trinity for the sake of replication. For Tank Trinity I have a high, but not max, duration and strength build. I have replaced Trinity's first ability with Rhino's Roar using the Helminth system. The goal of the play style is to have Roar, Link and the damage reduction of Blessing up at all times so that the whole squad is doing ~75% more damage while also taking 75% less damage. With Link and Blessing running 16-18 seconds, it ends up being pretty rhythmic and systematic: EV target, prime with Nukor, kill target with melee, cast Link or Bless. This ends up pumping the team with lots of energy, health and shields in addition to the damage control to be my vision of the ultimate warframe squad support. It also makes it very noticeable when my EV has to run the full ~12 seconds with no energy return instead of the usual 2-3. 

Every time I've noticed the EV going on a vulpaphyla, it would be later in the mission. That's why I suspect it only happens after the vulpaphyla dies, goes to larva form and then comes back. 

Sorry I don't have any more concrete details, but I do appreciate the effort to address this!

-Jumbo

Archived