Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The real problem of bounties

Volkner

The real problem of bounties for open locations is not their difficulty and duration, this is that more and more players, instead of completing bounty, go about their business, hunting, fishing, mine, DE instead of uselessly facilitating orders,  should pay attention to this problem, I'm tired of pressing the  leave the squad , or ruin their hunt. Let DE add the radius for receiving rewards as a synthesis, or let all resources farmed by these players add to the whole team.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Ailia_Grimm:

So for you the problem with bounties is an external problem called "other players"?

it seems more the problem is others can abandon the bounty and still get the reward and doing other objectives like mining and fishing to save some "time", which should be a problem for DE too, since time-gating is a thing for pulsating the game

edit: If I were DE, I'd implement some MINING, CONSERVATION and FISHING bounties to solve this one ^^

Just now, -ReV-Cengo said:

it seems more the problem is others can abandon the bounty and still get the reward and doing other objectives like mining and fishing to save some "time", which should be a problem for DE too, since time-gating is a thing for pulsating the game

To add to this, the resources farmed by those other tenno don't count towards the rest of the squad like in RJ, where all items are shared. In most cases, unless you're going in with a pre-con, you'd probably be better off going solo as to avoid any connection issues or leechers who are unwilling to assist.

26 minutes ago, baldy117 said:

imma ad to this what about people who join through the Plains of eidolon node and not through konzu and his early lunch? i get thrown in to bounty's all time from that node and all i want is some metals from there solo be dammed

Change your option to invite only.

37 минут назад, Ailia_Grimm сказал:

So for you the problem with bounties is an external problem called "other players"?

For me main probles is that people don't do bounty tasks gets rewards for it and while doing they thing like farming minerals and fish

36 минут назад, -CdG-Zilchy сказал:

Have you considered solo play? Not all but the majority of players who complain about public players are playing public because they can't manage the content themselves without either taking too long or failing the mission entirely.

i play solo many of time, but I face a thing as polarize of necramech and the more players, more synthesis

1 час назад, -CdG-Zilchy сказал:

Have you considered solo play? Not all but the majority of players who complain about public players are playing public because they can't manage the content themselves without either taking too long or failing the mission entirely.

so maybe that's why he plays in public matchmaking in order not to go through bounties alone, but with the help of teammates

and now, for obvious reasons, he is complain that they are doing their own business, not related to the task

vor 2 Stunden schrieb VolknerSan:

The real problem of bounties for open locations is not their difficulty and duration, this is that more and more players, instead of completing bounty, go about their business, hunting, fishing, mine, DE instead of uselessly facilitating orders,  should pay attention to this problem, I'm tired of pressing the  leave the squad , or ruin their hunt. Let DE add the radius for receiving rewards as a synthesis, or let all resources farmed by these players add to the whole team.

almost all of them can be done solo. and more mobs also means more loot and more exp. i have no problem whatsoever with beginners or people who do something different. I even say more: they are welcome!
there is content where everything works much better in groups. but here i can find a group from lfg more than quickly enough. most of the content is for solo causal players.

So bounties are flawed because players can choose to not do the objective. Yet this is something players can do in any mission type with a little thing called leeching.

Also go ahead and provide a solution to this issue with bounties without hurting pre-made squads, pub squads that don't care what the other players are doing (and even condone them to do whatever), and new players who simply don't understand the system or are too slow/undergeared to even make it to objective before others let alone be able to contribute. Also making what they farm be granted to others as well would actually encourage this behavior.

The truth is that this is something that was partially designed into bounties originally and it failed miserably. Just simply requiring all players being present at the bounty location can't work if players aren't all playing at the exact same speed. And not all players are even able or willing to get to an objective in <2 seconds with their archwing launcher.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It can be done solo as well, just put Dispensary on a frame or use Protea and go kill the adds in the PT fight with your 4th.

Best combo is Umbra, since he follows you, put Rejuvenation with Coaction Drift, & put Dispensary on his 3

Now you have infinite energy since he casts dispensary by himself, & health regen for your mech in case you take a lil' bit of damage

4 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Best combo is Umbra, since he follows you, put Rejuvenation with Coaction Drift, & put Dispensary on his 3

Now you have infinite energy since he casts dispensary by himself, & health regen for your mech in case you take a lil' bit of damage

Nice I'm gonna give that a go, thanks :)

6 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

so maybe that's why he plays in public matchmaking in order not to go through bounties alone, but with the help of teammates

and now, for obvious reasons, he is complain that they are doing their own business, not related to the task

Then a clan or recruit chat is the answer, not public matching. Or they could simply NOT do content that they're not ready for and need help with, what a crazy thought...

4 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I think the easiest way to solve this is have Command Intrinsics apply to your specters (or ghost-teammates if you are "solo") and have them defend you while you do your open world crap.

we don't even have "command intrinsic" what are you talking about?

-

IDGAF about leechers, I even help them to mine or do some things if they are new. It doesn't hurt you in any way if they leech honestly, it sounds like it just bothers you the fact that they are gaining rewards while leeching and you just want to blame something to cope it.

19 hours ago, trst said:

Also go ahead and provide a solution to this issue with bounties

That's actually easy. The problem is the match maker. You enter the plains as default public mode and get put with soem random team doing some random mission. You don't even know what it is and often the team is a couple of km away halfway through the mission. In the early days of play I have accidentlaly done that on the plains, and by the time I could have reached the team they'd have completed their mission.

The MM is horribly not fit for purpose in the open worlds.

So you change it to be default solo to enter the plains via the navigation node. If you are part of a squad then you can enter together the same way, but only for pre-joined squads. Once entered, no-one can add themselves to your squad (ie if you have less than 4)

Otherwise, you go to Konzu/etc and select a mission and then wait at the gates for others to join you for that same mission. Once you enter the open world, your squad becomes fixed and you complete your mission as that squad only. You can enter when you get bored waiting, or wait for others as you like. I guess it would be the host that determines the time this gets set and the mission starts.

The open worlds should not work like normal missions, because they are so big, the missions are different in them, and the level of players different too. Right now a MR1 excalibur can wander into the plains and find themselves fighting lvl 60 grineer when they just wanted to mine or fish a little. It neither suits that player or the team that's doing the mission.

I don't mind the "leechers" but quite often they're not that at all. like even normal missions you might join, find someone has started speedrunning through the map and you just follow trying to catch up before the mission ends... that's leeching, even though you're quite capable of finishing that mission solo, its the way the game works most of the time (and why I tend to only do co-op missions like defence and interception as public).

I encountered more people fishing/mining this time around when I still played compared to the last few open worlds and while I don't have any data to back it up, I blame it on the gameplay being a slog and not engaging at all. I gave up on it when I played 1 or 2 missions compared to the other, it was stale from the getgo and isn't the most engaging content. Just another example of them recycling old content so what is new is old immediately after you dip your toes in.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PSN)AllOrNothinDays:

I encountered more people fishing/mining this time around when I still played compared to the last few open worlds and while I don't have any data to back it up, I blame it on the gameplay being a slog and not engaging at all. I gave up on it when I played 1 or 2 missions compared to the other, it was stale from the getgo and isn't the most engaging content. Just another example of them recycling old content so what is new is old immediately after you dip your toes in.

Bouties are too old and always the same thing gets boring. In addition, after a few months there is hardly anything reasonable to buy. I also do everything solo anyway and others get exp for equipment or collect loot. so i don't care if they fish, hunt, mine or whatever.
you can even farm iso vaults solo if the group is doing something else. and if someone is hunting outside, the whole group will benefit from it? especially if you don't have all pets.

I honestly don't have any issue soloing bounties if I need to but I'll do an exercise in understanding people who aren't standing where I am right now.

I can imagine the scenario where a player who legitimately has difficulties doing this, and it can be for multiple reasons, but I'll state just a couple.
 - Missing or not yet comfortable playing warframes and or weapons that deal with said missions easily.
-  Missing an understanding on how to mod and or how damage types work, etc.
A player in these situations will understandably, try to play with others that can ease off and serve as sorts of a crutch while they themselves grow-
When more people enter bounties, there is a bit of a scaling, which in turn means, if people aren't doing the bounties, all they just did was make it harder for a player that was already struggling.

Some of the solutions offered were actually quite valid.

- You can play solo (this doesn't really provide help to your struggle, but if you though it out i guess you'll eventually start fiddling with things till they work, but lets be realistic this isn't helpful for the problem)

- You can try to find a squad with the recruitment chat.
  This is probably your best bet. If people party up and discuss this beforehand, you'll all most likely be working for the same goals.
  The problem with this one is that you can find yourself waiting for somewhat lengthy spans of time as most bounties aren't really attractive after you build the new shiny toys.

Often times, I people want to do an activity but just don't want to be waiting for a party to form, an improved match making system, or parameterised party search system of some kind would in fact help this, and some content suffering from similar issues (specific relic opening etc).

Archived