Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Favorite Event And Why

(PSN)Pelchaton

In terms of good experiences, probably Hostile Mergers. One of the few good times I've had in an endless endurance mission, to be honest.

In terms of mechanics, Scarlet Spear. Namely because it's the first event I did that had any complicated mechanics beyond 'play a specific mission', really. Very buggy mechanics, to be sure, but it still felt more special, in-depth and community-driven than most events.

Edit: Also maybe the Fortuna ARG? Not sure if that counts. It was neat though.

25 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

In terms of good experiences, probably Hostile Mergers. One of the few good times I've had in an endless endurance mission, to be honest.

I'm guessing you didn't do much endurance of it then cos if you did you would've enjoyed DE nerfing everything under the sun.

Whilst I wasn't playing when these events played, I think I'd enjoy a chance to play in some of the story heavy events like the Mutalist Incursions and the original iteration of the now-retired Shadow Debts. DE should definitely give newer players some kind of jumping off point for the lore these events offered outside of a wiki article, like a faster version framed as a quest. I guess this isn't entirely on topic for this discussion, but it is something I'd enjoy seeing DE do, and I think would help with story cohesion (something this game tends to have trouble with very often :clem:).

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'm guessing you didn't do much endurance of it then cos if you did you would've enjoyed DE nerfing everything under the sun.

Only one anywhere decent length run. Silver duration, IIRC.

Like I said, my times enjoying endurance runs are few and far between, so I don't do them very often.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Only one anywhere decent length run. Silver duration, IIRC.

Like I said, my times enjoying endurance runs are few and far between, so I don't do them very often.

Well in my case my run of that event was an 8.5 hours mission and it was nerfed due to DE heavy handing the event so that casuals wouldn't get left behind. That felt real good.

Tubemen of Tyl Regor.

It took place on the newly introduced Uranus sealab tile set, and was a fight between Mutalist Alad V and Nef Anyo.

The outcome of Tubemen actually helped to shape the lore of the game as it stands today.

This event is one of the reasons that Tyl Regor keeps going on about the Tubemen we murdered while your on Uranus.

Actually, if would be awesome if DE re-ran any of the old operations and events in the modern version of the engine.

Scarlet Spear, once it worked was quite nice. The murex raid was the closest thing to teamwork I've experienced in my time playing warframe. Wish there were more lore impacting events like gradivus dilema or tubemen of regor though, if nights of naberus is what de is considering an ''event'' I dont have much hope for future ones.

Scarlet Spear made me loads of Platinum, so it was probably the most "rewarding" event next to Plague Star, but I probably enjoyed Pacifism Defect the most. Optimizing Defection back in 2016 was enjoyable. The gamemode itself isn't good, but that event was fun. The Ignis Wraith research reward was also sweet.

I was going to say Scarlet Spear because it was easy plat but.....

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

51 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well in my case my run of that event was an 8.5 hours mission and it was nerfed due to DE heavy handing the event so that casuals wouldn't get left behind. That felt real good.

....apparently there was a disruption endurance event before my time.  That would have been my favorite event. 

As sore as I am over my clan not getting the trophy, I have to go with Operation Shadow Debt.

For one thing, I am the exact opposite of a Stalker Fanboy: I was rooting for Stalker Mode to get cancelled specifically so I could drink TacPotato's and DKDiamantes' tears. I have a near-pathological hatred for the acolytes, and a near-sexual desire to blow their skulls off with a Vaykor Hek

But even going back to the real world where I'm not a Tenno, it was just fun. Hunting down a bunch of absolute bastards who absolutely deserve it, cornering them in a ship and doing the bullet tango without getting hunted myself, seeing familiar frames with new powers thanks to the twisted monster within. Then there was that time I ended up being in the squad that finished off Angst for the first time, one of the lucky few to hear "That's what you get when you mess with Alad V!"

Gradivus Dilemma was the first event I played, and I have great memories of running mission after mission after mission when I should have been studying for finals. Extremely grindy (you had to run 100 Extermination missions on the same map, but at least it was a new map!) but it was cool to feel like you were shaping the game, since the victories of the Grineer and Corpus were implemented into the game (introduction of Invasions, and back then they were permanent).

I also really enjoyed Scarlet Spear. I found it fun, and super cool to be taking part in a coordinated raid against the Sentients. The same feeling of being connected to other Tenno on the ground and in the Relay as we all pushed back a wave of Murex.

Regardless of the actual fun level of the missions, I just really like events that make me feel connected to the community, in and outside the game.

for me, Scarlet spear.

yes, it was flawed in places, but it actually succeeded in giving me that feeling of all of us, the playerbase, collectively fighting against the sentients. it actually felt good to give the (admittedly measly) support beacons to other teams, and then when your own run is hitting a snag, for them to return the favor. I also happened to really enjoy Railjack after it was mostly fixed, and I also love the Sentient Tileset. the rewards were great, unique weapons and finally a chance for me to expand my Arcane Collection; I've not done that many Eidolons compared to most. I know how to hunt them, but I prefer to do so in a group of friends. being able to do runs and by Energize and Grace sets was wonderful, though I'm sure some Arcane Traders might disagree, as the price tanked for a while.

I liked the Flotilla, one of the coolest relay/Hub spaces in the game, just a shame its only there for the event. it's probably the only time in warframe where I've done the same mission over and over again and not lost a chunk of my sanity from it. I look forward to it coming back at some point, especially now with a MUCH stronger Railjack. if they address the two major complaints I had - uneven distribution of rewards for Ground vs space teams, and the flimsy Satellites in the Space mission, it would be even better! 

For me? Definitely the Cicero Crisis. People had to actually really work together and set up to properly take on the event. At the time when that event came out it was hard for what the game was at the time. It was new and it was interesting and required doing some external event work to set up by getting the proper antitoxin to get the 400 point score run. And since its been an age and a half since the actual need for antitoxin is needed to be used its kind of a dead event since normal earth sabotage missions are nowhere near as difficult as the event was at the time.

6 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I was going to say Scarlet Spear because it was easy plat but.....

....apparently there was a disruption endurance event before my time.  That would have been my favorite event. 

Disruption was very different back then. We didn't have CO priming, viral slash procs etc and DE nerfed almost any attempt to get creative. 

Archived