Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Favorite Event And Why

(PSN)Pelchaton

I will only mention Scarlet Spear. I have a love hate relationship with this event.

The core idea was amazing, freakin amazing.

The bugs, for me, were almost non existent, so i might be one of the lucky few out there.

What i hated were the mechanics and the game loop of the event.

Space mission? Just park your RJ inside the Murex, no need to coordinate with your squad both inside the ship and your RJ! Your RJ will be useless in this mode! I just wanted to utilize our Rj as well... so, yeah, huge disappointment.

And ground missions? A re-skin Mobile defense, in one of the most least interesting tilesets in the game, imo, and "maybe" an out of character Surgas Ruk.

And last but not least, the rewards. I know, imma sound like a madman, but the rewards were TOO good for that sort of gameplay loop. It was all about extrinsic rewards, and not the intrinsic value of the event. THAT is my biggest disappointment. And with most players, who mostly focus on the result, rather than the experience itself.

My two cents.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Dude CO priming has been a thing ever since the mod was introduced. Plus you had gas back then. Disruption hasn’t changed at all really. 

Yes but this was before melee 3.0. Guessing you either didn't play the event or didn't do a long run of it.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yes but this was before melee 3.0. Guessing you either didn't play the event or didn't do a long run of it.

I did play it. Before melee 3.0 means nothing in this context for CO. Priming existed before and exists after. The mechanics of disruption are still the same. Strats may have evolved and certain ones become unneeded, but that’s a different topic.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I did play it. Before melee 3.0 means nothing in this context for CO. Priming existed before and exists after. The mechanics of disruption are still the same. Strats may have evolved and certain ones become unneeded, but that’s a different topic.

Very well I may've explained myself poorly. Essentially what I was getting at is that the tactics that are now used for endurance disruption would've been ineffective during that event with the mechanics that existed at the time. I could outline the most successful tactics along with the nerfed ones but that would be a long conversation and you probably know most of it already. Long story short, my 8.5 hr run was deleted so yeh, great event. DE stepped in way too hard to allow casuals to keep up due to too mant complaints. Not my idea of a competitive environment.

47 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

Space mission? Just park your RJ inside the Murex, no need to coordinate with your squad both inside the ship and your RJ! Your RJ will be useless in this mode! I just wanted to utilize our Rj as well... so, yeah, huge disappointment.

Agreed. I'm alright with this being done in theory - like later down the line with a lot of Railjack content - but for Railjack's second major outing it was a huge disappointment.

Like, to use Star Trek as an example, not every episode needs to be set on the Enterprise or even have the crew as the main focus, but this'd be like doing so on the second episode of the series.

10 hours ago, Unimira said:

Scarlet Spear, mostly because it allowed me to skip Eidolons (i hate those with a passion).

honestly i agree
although i didnt enjoy actually playing it due to all the bugs and issues it had
it did have a really nice theme and was generally fun when it wasnt bugging out
id love for it to come back less broken
but i also dont hate eidolons so id like them to also give more unique and worthwhile rewards before the event comes back and makes them even more irrelevant ....again

Le 27/11/2020 à 18:51, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

Well in my case my run of that event was an 8.5 hours mission and it was nerfed due to DE heavy handing the event so that casuals wouldn't get left behind. That felt real good.

It's not casuals at this point dude, for 8.5 hours, you are the sweaty tryhard.

I am not using casuals and tryhards as insults, but if everyone was forced to stay as long as you did to get the full payout from the event, then it was very much necessary to nerf your results (or whatever happened precisely)

3 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

It's not casuals at this point dude, for 8.5 hours, you are the sweaty tryhard.

I am not using casuals and tryhards as insults, but if everyone was forced to stay as long as you did to get the full payout from the event, then it was very much necessary to nerf your results (or whatever happened precisely)

Ok that's a fair comment. However it is still the same thing, it's competitive and casual and DE wanting to make sure the casuals  could keep up ruined the event. The simple answer is that if they're going to be such killjoys about it DON'T have a leaderboard. In an event with leaderboards and NO bonus for being on them, tell me why it was so important that casuals could be in the top 10 or 20. When there are clans out there(like mine) who genuinely enjoy(not anymore) competing with other clans for discord meme rights and not much more.

To me, Favorite Event is a lot like Favorite Canned Vegetable.  I have a favorite--Scarlet Spear / Spinach--but using that word implies enthusiasm I don't feel.

There are a bunch of old events I've never experienced and some of those sound interesting.  But If I was going to describe the strengths of Warframe for somebody unfamiliar with it, events wouldn't come close to making the list.

Archived