Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wrapping up 2020, looking toward 2021.

[DE]Rebecca

Hello Tenno!

There’s no preamble that can articulate the impact COVID-19 has had on the game industry. Between game delays (sometimes multiple), cancelled conventions, and more, this year has been very strange.

And we have embraced a constant storm of this strangeness. Because of COVID, our team’s usual vacations simply didn’t happen - where would we go? Our living rooms?

And then the truth has set in: we have basically an entire team with vacation time ready to go in December. We have worked our butts off this year, and we are now all balancing weeks of unused vacation that will inevitably overlap. 

Rather than work on a feature-defining important Railjack Update with even less staff than usual in December, we are moving it to 2021. This is for the community’s sake, and the dev’s as well. 2020 has been a test of resilience for all of us, and has more than ever emphasized the need to take breaks. Our team will be spending time (safely) with their families during this holiday season should they choose so, and we hope that you all have the chance to do so as well. 

We will close off 2020 with a little serpentine Alchemy on PC. Expect Lavos in a mini-update that tests out a new feature in a limited setting: Necramechs in regular missions! Those of you who played our Survival event in 2013 may be used to this type of release (small test before wide release). We will provide more details on this soon - we're airing a special time Devstream to cover all this and more (check that spoiler!)

See you, Tenno 

Spoiler

Devstream.png

Highly understandable and deserved. Thanks for the hard work you guys have poured this year with the special load COVID meant. Really hoping you guys get a good rest and, in the measure of what's feasible in Canada, you can enjoy some time with your families if possible.

See you in 2021 for what we all collectively hope is a much better year!

Thank you for this information!
A good decision, very reasonable imo. Stay safe&healthy. Try to get your mind a little bit away from the usual work stuff!
Enjoy your vacations, all of you at DE! Let us all begin the next year with high hopes & full of energy!XctPENl.gif

Oh and did I hear "remember 2013 survival stuff" ? I do, and I am really looking forward to see this way of implementing new ideas again! 

I am very happy about this, I was actually kinda worried about the Railjack update, since there are only few weeks until Christmas. Railjack is a thing that can tie this game together perfectly and the next iteration must be perfect. :) 

So I support this 100%. There is no need to rush it this year. Enjoy the vacation, stay safe and take care. <3

Sounds like a good decision and it is understandable. Considering the whole Covid thing, it has still been a pretty remarkable year with releases given how smooth they've been overall. Now if Liches and Railjack were Covid releases it would make more sense. 😛

Keep up the good work.

Sidenote: I as a swede cannot really grasp the impact of Covid over on the western continent. Talking to my former sister in law in New Mexico it seems like a different reality. Here we barely notice the impact of it, I'm more worried in having a seagul pooping on me when I'm outside.

While I wish you guys a good vacation and holidays, PLEASE think twice before adding more stuff that no one will be able to check or fix until after January.

Railjack and Liches were a big dung pile because of that. Would be better to focus on smaller things like fixes, QoL improvements and common buffs, instead of releasing Lavos only for him to be in a sorry state for two months.

Archived