Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wrapping up 2020, looking toward 2021.

[DE]Rebecca

Survival event, jeez that's going back. Can't wait to see how mechs play out in regular missions.

Really can't wait to see the railjack updates, very excited for those but I can happily wait knowing you guys get the proper time to work on it.

Thanks for giving me something to spend my time on in covid lockdowns, we've received substantial updates considering the circumstances and it's helped me stay sane with not much else to do. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello Tenno!

There’s no preamble that can articulate the impact COVID-19 has had on the game industry. Between game delays (sometimes multiple), cancelled conventions, and more, this year has been very strange.

And we have embraced a constant storm of this strangeness. Because of COVID, our team’s usual vacations simply didn’t happen - where would we go? Our living rooms?

And then the truth has set in: we have basically an entire team with vacation time ready to go in December. We have worked our butts off this year, and we are now all balancing weeks of unused vacation that will inevitably overlap. 

Rather than work on a feature-defining important Railjack Update with even less staff than usual in December, we are moving it to 2021. This is for the community’s sake, and the dev’s as well. 2020 has been a test of resilience for all of us, and has more than ever emphasized the need to take breaks. Our team will be spending time (safely) with their families during this holiday season should they choose so, and we hope that you all have the chance to do so as well. 

We will close off 2020 with a little serpentine Alchemy on PC. Expect Lavos in a mini-update that tests out a new feature in a limited setting: Necramechs in regular missions! Those of you who played our Survival event in 2013 may be used to this type of release (small test before wide release). We will provide more details on this soon - we're airing a special time Devstream to cover all this and more (check that spoiler!)

See you, Tenno 

Reveal hidden contents

Devstream.png

droKbnu.gif

When we should expect Deimos Arcana on consoles?

The statements are a bit contradicting, on one DE is stepping back with big releases while on the same message we are anounced that we will get necramechs in normal missions... 

Why are the necramech needed in normal missions, we already hvae warframes that fit the same purpose. 

Warframes are able to do max possible damage in sp with an optimised loadout, so why are you adding a bugged and untested mechanical T-Rex in normal missions,what will they bring? Why will we need warframes in the futures, let's release necramech prime, umbra and call it a day

And that's very fine, i mean we need ourselves to take care of each other and our friends and family, we understand and specially when there are still places with full lockdown so i hope all DE have a nice and DEserved holiday season!!!!!!!! 

And that's very fine, i mean we need ourselves to take care of each other and our friends and family, we understand and specially when there are still places with full lockdown so i hope all DE have a nice and DEserved holiday season!!!!!!!! 

I know it's a huge meme to say [DE]layed, but you all really deserve a break. It's been a challenging year to say the least and the team still put out some amazing content, as well as a next-gen version of the game. On a personal level, this year I got what I think is the best open world in Warframe and also my new favorite frame (Xaku). Thank you all for the phenomenal work, rest well and we'll see you all next year!

Thank you for taking the time to look after yourselves. Health is important. No matter what the fans of this game may scream at you, it's important that you focus on your own health and happiness instead of trying to make everybody happy.

And I cannot express how much I appreciate both your honesty in delaying new content updates, and your choice to do so. I would much prefer that content be delayed a bit longer rather than forcibly rushing it out to meet some deadline. We saw how that works when you first launched Railjack. Let's not repeat that!
I do think y'all should still maintain a decent work pace/ethic in terms of getting content out. I just mean that arbitrary deadlines for the sake of getting content out faster are pointless. Y'all do have a history of long content droughts, so... all I ask is that you guys keep that in mind as you think about releasing content. You've gotta strike that balance.

That balance can be hard to maintain, and managing life at all in a pandemic can make it even harder. So I get it. I just ask that you guys do your best and stay healthy. We'll be here waiting.

3 hours ago, Digressive said:

A special Devstream time needs a special timetable!

Subscribe to the livestream calendar for all future stream times : https://forums.warframe.com/calendar/3-livestreams

amMeiKu.png

Thanks for the reminder! DE you guys worked hard and did your best with what tools you could use during the pandemic situation. Now it’s time to relax with the family, maybe reorganize or fix up the house or build some kind of trinkets. I suggest that you all try something new or something that y’all wanted to do at home, but just never had the time to do it. The stress is pretty high right now in most households. Due to everyone being cooped up in the house, with no time alone or not enough things to keep everyone busy. Looking forward to a better 2021 that isn’t ruined by the CCPs influence!

Just wanted to make a suggestion.
It would be nice if those who reside in the early AM and late PM time zones, could watch any Creators Live stream at a certain time, that’s convenient for those who live in those awkward time zones. So it gives those people that can’t tune in at those times due to inconvenience and/or work, to acquire the collectible decoration, materials or usable twitch drops.

I always miss some streams due to being in one of those awkward time slots. However, I’m not motivated to watch the streams because of the drops, but because of the informational updates ect. But there are times where I would’ve wanted that one decoration, skin, noggle, and/or item that you can only get from the stream. I figured if we could watch the missed stream and watched it Later on to find out what time is set, for those who wanted that days twitch drop to watch any live creators channel, for 30mins to help support them, and get the twitch drop that they wanted and missed due to time. 

Archived