Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wrapping up 2020, looking toward 2021.

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello Tenno!

There’s no preamble that can articulate the impact COVID-19 has had on the game industry. Between game delays (sometimes multiple), cancelled conventions, and more, this year has been very strange.

And we have embraced a constant storm of this strangeness. Because of COVID, our team’s usual vacations simply didn’t happen - where would we go? Our living rooms?

And then the truth has set in: we have basically an entire team with vacation time ready to go in December. We have worked our butts off this year, and we are now all balancing weeks of unused vacation that will inevitably overlap. 

Rather than work on a feature-defining important Railjack Update with even less staff than usual in December, we are moving it to 2021. This is for the community’s sake, and the dev’s as well. 2020 has been a test of resilience for all of us, and has more than ever emphasized the need to take breaks. Our team will be spending time (safely) with their families during this holiday season should they choose so, and we hope that you all have the chance to do so as well. 

We will close off 2020 with a little serpentine Alchemy on PC. Expect Lavos in a mini-update that tests out a new feature in a limited setting: Necramechs in regular missions! Those of you who played our Survival event in 2013 may be used to this type of release (small test before wide release). We will provide more details on this soon - we're airing a special time Devstream to cover all this and more (check that spoiler!)

See you, Tenno 

Reveal hidden contents

Devstream.png

Because screw console players

Take the whole month off! You've all delivered more during this crazy time than anyone could have expected!

I'm mastery rank 30 and there's still plenty for me to do. I think we the players can keep ourselves busy while the team takes a well earned break. :) Thanks for all the love, care, and hard work you all put into this game. For many of us it's been our anchor in these uncertain times. You are appreciated! 

Weren't you guys just using the excuse "Everyone one is one vacation so we can't fix Deimos" like 2 months ago?  Time for another break already?  For the whole year we've had 2 mainline updates, 2 new frames, a single crappy Nightwave series, and more grind than content.  Must have been a lot of hard work for all these vacations.

Have a good holiday everyone

Just one small thing i hope you think about - if there are any special drops related to this being devstream 150 please make them available to all people by watching other streams.  11AM your time for some is Midnight the next day for others and it kinda sucks to miss special things just becuase of a timezone difference

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Rather than work on a feature-defining important Railjack Update with even less staff than usual in December, we are moving it to 2021.

Good. I think everyone here knows how utterly disastrous Railjack was on release. Having a year to actually make it functional is a good thing, but you'd have done better to just scrap release dates entirely so that there's nobody pressuring you to throw out incomplete and buggy messes to hit an arbitrary deadline.

On 2020-11-27 at 6:25 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

a new feature in a limited setting: Necramechs in regular missions!

Im just putting this out there, but i want some movement when we crouch into our Necra-box form (Like we have treads or something). Sure, it'd help us get through regular doors, but i just want to drive around as a little box! :D

Do what ya' gotta do, Devs! Enjoy that holiday time. 

Not sure what this means for Deimos Arcana on consoles, but I personally don't mind waiting a smidge longer if it means we get all the up to date patches and hotfixes. (It'll just give me more time to try and hurry through Shadowbringers in FF14, lmao)

Am 27.11.2020 um 19:25 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Hello Tenno!

There’s no preamble that can articulate the impact COVID-19 has had on the game industry. Between game delays (sometimes multiple), cancelled conventions, and more, this year has been very strange.

And we have embraced a constant storm of this strangeness. Because of COVID, our team’s usual vacations simply didn’t happen - where would we go? Our living rooms?

And then the truth has set in: we have basically an entire team with vacation time ready to go in December. We have worked our butts off this year, and we are now all balancing weeks of unused vacation that will inevitably overlap. 

Rather than work on a feature-defining important Railjack Update with even less staff than usual in December, we are moving it to 2021. This is for the community’s sake, and the dev’s as well. 2020 has been a test of resilience for all of us, and has more than ever emphasized the need to take breaks. Our team will be spending time (safely) with their families during this holiday season should they choose so, and we hope that you all have the chance to do so as well. 

We will close off 2020 with a little serpentine Alchemy on PC. Expect Lavos in a mini-update that tests out a new feature in a limited setting: Necramechs in regular missions! Those of you who played our Survival event in 2013 may be used to this type of release (small test before wide release). We will provide more details on this soon - we're airing a special time Devstream to cover all this and more (check that spoiler!)

See you, Tenno 

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

Devstream.png

Nice to hear. At least DE has now enough time to make a comprehensive list what has to be fixed and enough time to put in a usable project management time table which they can work off once they return to work.

On 2020-11-27 at 9:25 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

our team’s usual vacations simply didn’t happen - where would we go? Our living rooms?

Well, actually yes, why not? It's ok place. Not the best, but best of those that are available. I cancelled my one vacation, but on another I exactly stayed home)

Hope you'll rest enough! Don't overwork yourselves.

23 hours ago, (PSN)Dorian-Hawkmoon said:

Sigh, I suppose getting the bug fixed in my dojo that prevents me from decorating or useing polychromes, will never happen. Would have been nice to be able to work on my dojo during the holidays...

Do you honestly think they care about dojos at this point? Pretty sure that everything we've been told to post on the forums since "that's where the dev team looks" is as good as written off. 

Much the same as the second and third place moon clans in the PS contest this time. 

Tried to leave you a msg. My modem is dead and ATT wont be out until Tues morning. I think Sony had the DE team help with the chat "improvements", so it's pretty much useless at this point. 

23 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Weren't you guys just using the excuse "Everyone one is one vacation so we can't fix Deimos" like 2 months ago?  Time for another break already?  For the whole year we've had 2 mainline updates, 2 new frames, a single crappy Nightwave series, and more grind than content.  Must have been a lot of hard work for all these vacations.

They're Canadian, they probably weren't raised to worship and kill yourselves for work like Americans. It's actually normal to not be a complete workhorse and actually enjoy your life instead about bragging about how much you're disconnected from nature and reality. 

You'll live.

Good call. Honestly, anything major can definitely wait, it's been a hell of a year. Take care of yourselves, take care of your families, don't rush anything out. You did good getting Deimos out and then expanded on, and the signs of the work going on behind the scenes for the Corpus empyrean are pretty cool.

For now, I hope y'all have a great winter vacation, seriously, please relax! 

11 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They're Canadian, they probably weren't raised to worship and kill yourselves for work like Americans. It's actually normal to not be a complete workhorse and actually enjoy your life instead about bragging about how much you're disconnected from nature and reality. 

You'll live.

Problem is that game is in pretty bad state, deimos update was pretty lacking and arcane was even worse, the whole putting new bounties behind old bounties was really bad idea, since most of time team can even decide which bounty to do, sometimes out right skipping  tiers of bounties people need which leads to people wasting a LOT of time.

people are so pissed off with state of game that deimos arcana trailer has highest dislike to like ration from all warframe videos  on their offical channel.

DE needs to do better then this, they need to rethink where are they going with this game, possibly hiring new people that will give them fresh ideas since it seems they are out of ideas.

game NEEDS somekind of end game, fashion frame is NOT end game contrary to popular belief.

1 hour ago, Culaio said:

Problem is that game is in pretty bad state, deimos update was pretty lacking and arcane was even worse, the whole putting new bounties behind old bounties was really bad idea, since most of time team can even decide which bounty to do, sometimes out right skipping  tiers of bounties people need which leads to people wasting a LOT of time.

people are so pissed off with state of game that deimos arcana trailer has highest dislike to like ration from all warframe videos  on their offical channel.

DE needs to do better then this, they need to rethink where are they going with this game, possibly hiring new people that will give them fresh ideas since it seems they are out of ideas.

game NEEDS somekind of end game, fashion frame is NOT end game contrary to popular belief.

Forums tend to be echo chambers of negativity for vets sometimes. I've been told the games pretty good and even in a better spot than the past from people that have played for quite awhile, so this is more an issue of personal opinion and perspective. 

Just because you and some others don't like the state of the game doesn't mean it's bad. That just means you think it's bad. There's a difference. 

Endgame in warframe will just be a repeatedly spammed instance and won't change a thing, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Forums tend to be echo chambers of negativity for vets sometimes. I've been told the games pretty good and even in a better spot than the past from people that have played for quite awhile, so this is more an issue of personal opinion and perspective. 

Just because you and some others don't like the state of the game doesn't mean it's bad. That just means you think it's bad. There's a difference. 

Endgame in warframe will just be a repeatedly spammed instance and won't change a thing, in my opinion.

Actually forums are genereally where people with most positivie opinions show up, other places are a lot worse, which shows that state of game isnt good, if it was deimos arcane wouldnt get majority dislikes, annoucement that there wont be any big updates this year only accelerate how many dislikes its getting, people are disappointed with both deimos arcana and heart of deimos updates, people hoped for some good update before end of year but thats not going to happen.

People just tired of promising and failing to deliever  or promising one thing and delivering something completly different, for example the arm canon thing was promised to be procedurally generated, and I dont mean its stats I mean its appearance.

Railjack was supposed to be more tactical game mode while in reality pilot kills 1/6 of all enemies in single shot while team has nothing to do, pretty much all tactical aspects got removed.

Liches were supposed to be enemy with who we have long lasting relationship that also got scraped and we got something very grindy and unfun because its frequently hard to find people in nodes with liches.

1 hour ago, Culaio said:

Actually forums are genereally where people with most positivie opinions show up, other places are a lot worse, which shows that state of game isnt good, if it was deimos arcane wouldnt get majority dislikes, annoucement that there wont be any big updates this year only accelerate how many dislikes its getting, people are disappointed with both deimos arcana and heart of deimos updates, people hoped for some good update before end of year but thats not going to happen.

People just tired of promising and failing to deliever  or promising one thing and delivering something completly different, for example the arm canon thing was promised to be procedurally generated, and I dont mean its stats I mean its appearance.

Railjack was supposed to be more tactical game mode while in reality pilot kills 1/6 of all enemies in single shot while team has nothing to do, pretty much all tactical aspects got removed.

Liches were supposed to be enemy with who we have long lasting relationship that also got scraped and we got something very grindy and unfun because its frequently hard to find people in nodes with liches.

Sure. Like I said, your disappointment with the game isn't an objective fact like the laws of physics. It's just how you feel, which is ok.

This year, I got access to some amazing weapons, new game modes and a freaking Helminth.....I think the game is only getting better, but like I said, just how I feel, doesn't mean it's right or wrong.

Also, it's holiday season, no one is obligated to neglect their life and their families just so you can play a game. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Sure. Like I said, your disappointment with the game isn't an objective fact like the laws of physics. It's just how you feel, which is ok.

This year, I got access to some amazing weapons, new game modes and a freaking Helminth.....I think the game is only getting better, but like I said, just how I feel, doesn't mean it's right or wrong.

Also, it's holiday season, no one is obligated to neglect their life and their families just so you can play a game. 

of course its subjective but there is a problem when majority of players have problem with current state of game, that doesnt mean they hate the game or want to leave it, I dont plan to do it but I play less and less.

but you can objectively say that newest updates have big problems, like arcana bounties where players are fighting what bounty to do next, some want to ignore some tiers of new bounties which leads to players sabotaging each other in progress of getting new stuff.

weapons are cool but I want to remind you that in the past we were getting new weapons almost every second week(tenno reinforcements) now days we are getting a LOT less weapons, there is a lot of focus on skins that dont affect gameplay.

Not sure what you exactly mean by new game mode ?

Helminth is cool(sacrificed all frames to it) but many people are afraid of touching it because DE hinted at further nerfs which would mean wasting  all the resources you use to change skills, whats more for the most part DE ideas of buffs for bad abilities  failed with few exceptions of course, majority of abiltiies is still  bad.

Archived