Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun primary weapons to play with

Foshystuck

Question

What are some of your favourite primary weapons. Not ones that are good, my loadout doesn't even use the primary 99% of the time, but somethings thats fun to use. I kinda just keep my primary slot open for a fun weapon when im running easy missions and i just want to mess around. 

What primary weapons are the most fun to use.

18 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Foshystuck said:

What primary weapons are the most fun to use.

It'd probably work better for you if you narrowed it down some more.  For instance, what kind of secondaries do you like a lot?   Auto, semi-auto, charge?  Explosive or precise?  Fast dakka or methodical overkill?  Design: Tenno, Grineer, Corpus, Infested?  Stuff like that.

58 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

the Ogris Space Program was sooo much fun. If you hit yourself you'd yeet your corpse clear out of the level map. If you hit an enemy you watch them shoot skywards at escape velocity and see a pixel land over the horizon a full minute later

I wasn't around for that or the Sonicor Space Program so it might not quite compare, but just in case you're not familiar with...

Basmu , fun and it has unlimited ammo, just use it only in short bursts or you will trigger a very long reload sequence.

Battacor because it can hit hard with its alt fire

Trumna, hard hitting monster with powerful alt fire.

Opticor Vandal, laser beams.

I wish we still had the old blast mechanics in game ... the Ogris Space Program was sooo much fun. If you hit yourself you'd yeet your corpse clear out of the level map. If you hit an enemy you watch them shoot skywards at escape velocity and see a pixel land over the horizon a full minute later

At the moment I like the new arm cannon and the Lenz. Another I like but in a specific circumstance. is the Bramma

We had to do 3 assassinated for nightwave the other week and I pick the Sergeant because it's easy and you can be in and out inside 2 minutes.

Theres something so satisfying getting to that 3 tiered room he tends to spawn at the bottom of, launching yourself into an aim glide and then s*!tting on him from a great height with a Bramma bolt 😂😂😂

Bows

Panthera

Drakgoon

opticor

Assault rifles

Accel/Ignis are super good super lazy weapons.  

-----------

Yeah I dont use guns alot either.   Im kinda being FORCED to now because my thumbs cant take the punihsment.   

----------

Protea makes a great heavy gunner.  You can drop ammo for yourself but this kinda forces you to play kinda stationary.   But I've spent a little bit running around with the Cortege gun from iso vault.  

Let me see...

The Primed Burston is my favorite weapon maybe from the entire game (OP said my favorite, not the best)

After that I like the Ignis since I love the flamethrowers and remembers me of the Gears of War 3 flamethrower in some way. The Opticor, the ogris, the panthera, the trumna, the zarr, the paracyst/harpak, the javlok, and the baza prime, those would be my favorites here is why:

Spoiler

Opticor- Remembers me of the BFG 10k and always enjoyed the big momentum weapons, those that charges a while and shoots a massive damage dealing bullet/projectile

Ogris- Me trying to fashion as a Napalm lol

Panthera- Gears of War vibes, also Gears of War vibes

Trumna- Feels heavy, seems like a sniper and the sounds are great also the secondary fire is one of my favorites}

Zarr- Bloodborne Cannon vibes, also I had a lot of fun seeing the bodies fly with the secondary fire

Paracyst/Harpak- Their secondary fire is the scorpion's arpoon but can ragdoll so yeah more dumb fun with ragdolls

Javlok- Back in the day it could impale the body but now... I like the feeling, sounds great and is pretty fast

Baza Prime- Idk why but gives me the feeling of a Stormtrooper weapon so I think it would be the perfect weapon for a generic soldier (lol)

Burston Prime- Something like the Baza but I like this design the most, has an augment and I always loved the burst weapons

If the Tiberon Prime could actually do something with its bayonet I think it would be my N°1 but until that happens : /

I really enjoy some primaries more than others:

• My first 'love' was the Soma Prime* - nothing like a high RoF with a huge magazine on an accurate high-crit weapon without recoil issues
  •  The Baza and Baza Prime, has a real "crispness" to it, which is hard to describe - the performance (esp. primed) makes it easy to love
  • The Kuva Quartakk, which I run at a high RoF is also dead-on accurate for snipe shots and has very satisfying damage
  • The Rubico Prime, which I run with Arcane Momentum for snappy reload, and use with Alamos sniper skin, is by far my favorite sniper
  • The Ignis Wraith is great, and I have a friend who useses it almost always, but for me it is only 'fun' against infesteds and the Deimos environment
  • The Kuva Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm and Primed Fast Hands is a whole lot of fun - great for point-defense missions by warframes like Frost or Khora, but mine belongs to Wisp.
  • Dread is fun - if you haven't done Dread yet, you still need to - but most everyone has.
  • My Toothpaster (Vermsplicer kit gun) is fun, but not that fun...

These are all relatively strong weapons, but who enjoys a weak or awkward weapon? What makes them fun to me is giving them to particular warframes. Zephyr, for example still uses the Bramma, and both Ash and Baruuk use the Baza. My Obereon has a cow-suit and uses a matching Quartakk (with pink 'barrels'), 

EDIT: My first love was actually the Hind with RoF maxed out - ran with that for a whery long time, back in the day...

Right now probably the most satisfying ones are Proboscis Cernos and maybe the tentacle kitgun primary. At least those are the ones Ive enjoyed recently, even knowing there's weapons that 100% outclass them. The Bubonico I cant really comment on since I havent fully formad it up but it is a giant mortar cannon, but it does have very good sounds and visuals.

Archived