Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe control keys shortcommings and not very good for lefthanded.

Xinopia

First let me say this the controls in this game a pretty good but with some shortcomings.

I use the arrow-keys, numpad and other keys around that area to play Warframe. I use RCtrl to crouch, RShift to roll/sprint Numpad0 to jump and I have ESC on NumpadSub. I have to use Autohotkey to move some keys around, and here is the problem. Since crouch has a tendency to lock in this game, try it! put RCtrl as crouch, press it and at the same time press ESC, Ctrl + ESC is a system command! Startmeny should popup! If not click ESC again and crouch should be toggled down and you crouch without and keys pressed. I have had this bug a long time where crouch (RCtrl) get toggled (without it being a toggle) and I don't see it being toggled, I then press ESC (NumpadSub) to bring up meny, Warframe lose focus (not minimised) just put it the background, Windows curser pups up over Warframe-window and I have to alt-tab, press RCtrl to release it alt tab back in Warframe. I have since then made a same Autohotkey script so when Ctrl (right or left) is pressed I cant press ESC, and the key command Ctrl+ ESC does nothing.
But I shouldn't have to resort to scripts to play the game my way! Let us reassign "ALL" hotkeys how we like!

1. Pause meny (ESC) are hard coded and can't be changed.
2. Grineer hacking use hard coded "SPACE" and not jump.
3. Autouse Cipher are hard coded to "Y".
4. Screenshot is hard coded to F6, not really a problem, but should be changeable anyway.

We have one key for sprint and toggle sprint, with a extra option to switch between these functions, but we have 2 keys for crouch.
Why not eliminate one key and have option to switch between functions. (Who toggles crouch in this game?)

27 minutes ago, Xinopia said:

We have one key for sprint and toggle sprint, with a extra option to switch between these functions, but we have 2 keys for crouch.
Why not eliminate one key and have option to switch between functions. (Who toggles crouch in this game?)

i use both Hold and Toggle Crouch, thanks. no reason to remove it, the extra Bind doesn't hurt you if you don't use it.

13 hours ago, Xinopia said:

4. Screenshot is hard coded to F6, not really a problem, but should be changeable anyway.

If you're launching through Steam, F12 is the screenshot key there. You might want to use the game one for shots without the UI, but if you just need quick ones and the UI doesn't matter, you can use the Steam one. Or you could use Purrint to make it easier to use the Print Screen button.

Archived