Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leave here your Duviri theory, I'll revive this thread when it drops.

vanaukas

I feel it’s connected to deimos somehow. When you hear mother tell you to take another look at the vault area. I don’t think she’s talking about the new quest we just got I think it’s the vaults void connection. The him who’s trying to kill the heart is also connected.

I think another story quest is going to connect the 2 together. I also don’t think Duviri is another open world.

Yea people have already been asking for focus reworks for awhile, and they weren't gonna bother with it before duviri so it might bring some controversial/awesome focus changes and abilities.

I just wonder if they're gonna let people use their excess built up focus or pull a game dev move and prevent people from accessing new operator abilities right from the start.

8 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

I feel it’s connected to deimos somehow. When you hear mother tell you to take another look at the vault area. I don’t think she’s talking about the new quest we just got I think it’s the vaults void connection. The him who’s trying to kill the heart is also connected.

I think another story quest is going to connect the 2 together. I also don’t think Duviri is another open world.

Agreed. There was this financial report before the you-know-what, and whilst most of it is of course guff (for our purposes) there is this doozy of a line: "Looking ahead to 2020, content updates for Warframe in the story quest, The New War and another open world are planned to be launched in 2020."

Most places that decided to report on this slated this as Duviri. With the benefit of hindsight, however, we can say with confidence it's Deimos. Or can we?

We know from other interviews that Deimos was brought forward because it was being developed faster due to Pandemic reasons - TNW just faced more roadblocks. So that means everything we got with Deimos, we were meant to get after the New War. So that begs the question, what importance would Deimos have had that the New War, itself a well-hyped part of the game, would lead to it?

Duviri. I'm saying, the Heart of Deimos is a pump plugged into a gateway to the void. So it'll either be how we get there, or something else gets out.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea people have already been asking for focus reworks for awhile, and they weren't gonna bother with it before duviri so it might bring some controversial/awesome focus changes and abilities.

I just wonder if they're gonna let people use their excess built up focus or pull a game dev move and prevent people from accessing new operator abilities right from the start.

Yeah, DE occasionally shoot themselves in the foot over stuff like that. They try to balance newbies getting access vs veterans having the ability to unlock everything right away, and (yes, this is an old complaint, but I'm right) DE frequently don't have a good handle on what a veteran account is capable of.  So, yeah, I'd put even odds on DE trying to do some sort of systemic shift which puts vets and newbies on the same footing with Focus, call it a 50:50 chance. And if they do that, I would not be surprised if they get it wrong. If their calculations were off, and in their haste to 'defeat' the people who grind hard, they accidentally screw the whole system on release, especially for more casual players.

Aside from that, about Duviri plot theories...look, the last time that DE actually pulled off a genuinely elegant and clever plot reveal, something which was foreshadowed properly but still hard to predict, and which landed well but without relying on weird retcons and changing established setting facts, was back in 2016 with the Second Dream. In other words, DE are just gonna write...something. And then they're gonna crowbar it into place, however they have to twist it to fit.

That said, here's my conjecture: The Tenno came out of the Void, but somehow not all the way out. The 'paradox' refers to either twin timelines or twin 'existences' of the Tenno, with one version which escaped the Void and became Warframe pilots, and another which grew to adulthood in some sort of paradox wasteland (possibly within the Void? Possibly?) The plot of the thing is going to be merging the two, and is going to result in...the best of both outcomes...? Every Operator becoming one entity which has the Warframe training and Focus powers from the Orokin War timeline, and the survival skills and physical development of the Void survival years...?

En 28/11/2020 a las 1:51, vanaukas dijo:

If they follow what I think they are going to do, to enter Duviri it will be with our true form, not the current "void projection" we know today. Our true form is the adult tenno, trapped in the void among other tennos, they used Zariman remains to live on (our future new hub). Trapped in the void, they still age, slowly, but they definetelly age (another possible solution is we humans already age slower than today, this theory is based on Ostrons, Corpus, Solaris...). Our projection doesn't age because it's our mind projected with void. We don't know our true bodies yet.

We already know that the void works like a parallel dimension that overlaps with our dimension and have physical laws wich are extremely different than our physical laws. Those physical laws includes the possibility to "move" the space around you very fast (like Futurama space travel), that particular phyisical itneraction in our dimmensions results in a powerful impulse from nowhere (look at the operator's void dash and Xaku's dash, they share the same fx, direction, speed but the operator is more powerful). I'm saying all of this to use it as a foundation on why I believe we aren't real and why our true body is in the void. 

This "projection" is related in the Entrati story, this leads me to believe that we will know the real grandfather, still trapped in the void or somehting among those lines, another "guide figure" from our dimmension wich is there, or at least someone with connections with our dimmension. If everything is new, then a massive event will bring us to Duviri and will fores us to adapt from scratch. 

What we owe to Wally? Why without "it" we are nothing? The void gives us power.... Then why Operators can use void powers when the heart of deimos stops? Becase we don't need that heart at all. That heart is the bridge between the 2 dimensions, we don't need it because we are a bridge ourselves. This explains why the operator can use every power in nullfiers range except transference: We are the void, we don't use the void.

I have more ideas but it's very difficult to me write too much, so I'll keep editing this comment until it's finished. Feel free to do the same, we still have at least 1 year of waiting for Duviri... 

For what I understood during the HoD quest is that the thing the heart keeps alive is our warframes or rather the strain of infestation they are made of.

Could be wrong of course, but it doesn't feel right that our void powers depend on something that was developed and made by the Orokin when the tenno already had it in them when the Zariman was retrieved.

There was a similar thread previously. ^^

IMO, the whole thing should not be too complex. Duviri most likely stands for du-viri, which may roughly mean "two men". I think, it will be similar to Second Dream and will involve some sort of search and rescue /waking up of material operator by its  void projection (current operator) with or without waframe. IDK what DE has in mind specifically, hard to say. It might or might not involve New War battles or some acquisition or re-acquisition of new/lost sentient/orokin/alien/spiritual technology from Natah/Ballas/Erra, can go either way. Hopefully, it is going to be a long cinematic quests with some interesting plot twists.

I highly doubt it is going to be traditional open world with fishing/mining/bounties. More likely, it will be a new entity in addition to warframes and pure void operator, which may very well be a true reversible fusion between the two (void projection and warframe) with separate powers like a hybrid, maybe something resembling Xaku. So, we will have an option to go into missions as warframe plus operator like we have now or as hybrid, which may have some minor void powers plus warframe powers without transference. It may come with new bosses aka reworked eidolons, new damage type (void plus physical/elemental), and new powers (hybrid of focus tree with actual warframe powers).

Kuva will finally get some reasonable physics/metaphysics behind it, which most likely will be a resonance of energy signature of spiritual/physical void/timespace transfer.

I didn't feel I knew enough when I started typing this post to come up with a solid hypothesis. I was only going to give some broad, vague guesses. But as I did some reading in the process of laying out my guesses, an idea started to form. So here's mine:

First, what we know. We know it's called Duviri Paradox, and it's based around the child/adult Operator. That's almost certainly where "paradox" comes into play, with both existing at the same time in the same place despite the laws of relativity saying they can't. We also know a new faction will be added, and if you look closely at the end of the Duviri Paradox trailer, you can see a 3D version of the concept art we were given. It's dark and right behind the title drop. Note that the face of the "Duviri" matches the mask the adult Operator was wearing, and that the adult Operator also kept his mask and has it on his left hip as he rides the horse towards the Orokin ship. That ship is possibly the Zariman, possibly not. Someone else pointed out there are key differences between the ship in the Duviri trailer and the two other known instances we've seen of the Zariman, notably the Diuviri ship has extra Orokin embellishments on the outer hull. We can also observe the Orokin "dragon" for lack of a better name sporting a mask similar to what the Corrupted wear, except it's inverted/upside down, slightly different in design, and black rather than gold. We can also note the entire area is black and white except for the vision of the young Operator and the Orokin ship and the land around it.

So what can this all mean? Why are there two operators? Where is this taking place? Most likely, as many have guessed, this will take place somewhere in the Void. But I'm not sure it's OUR Void. Note the somewhat mirrored appearances of many things. We have the "Duviri" faction which look Orokin, but have mechanical, almost Sentient parts. We've even seen a Dax and their horse with seemingly Sentient themes. We've seen the approximate inverse of an Orokin control mask on the dragon. I think this might be in a mirror reality. A reality where the Sentients came first, not the Orokin, and perhaps these "Duviri" Sentients maybe even created their own approximation of the Orokin and other factions. Moreover, rather than the Void being poison to them, these mirror Sentients come from their Void. There are two Operators because one is ours, the one we know from our reality, and the other is from this mirror reality. The mirror Operator is perhaps older because they didn't go into a cryosleep like our Operator did. The difference in age being relatively small could be a consequence of the mirror reality maybe having slower time progression or better life-extension methods, or it could be not as much time has passed in our reality as we think. The latter is less likely in my opinion, but it wouldn't be the first time retcons happened. I also suspect in this mirror reality, the Void is considered normal, and realspace might be an anomaly. Earth in this mirror reality might be relatively unexplored, perhaps even uninhabited.

So why are we there? If the older Operator is a mirror of ourselves, why might we have control over them? I think we're there to help fight their war. In their mirror reality, the Void invaded realspace, not like in our reality where the Orokin invaded the Void to gain power. I think the one leading the mirror Void armies is The Man in the Wall, or maybe he serves someone else who does. They've become aware of our reality, and our Void, and want that power for themselves. The mirror Tenno entered the mirror Void through their own Zariman, which is what we see in the trailer. That's why it's slightly different; it's literally a different ship, yet the same. The mirror Tenno don't have Warframes because they haven't had the opportunity to develop them. In their reality the Void is hostile and active, whereas in our reality the Void is relatively neutral and empty. However, we also know the adult Operator lacks any sort of Void powers, yet remembers having them. I think the way these realities react to each other is that no entity from one can truly enter the other. The Man in the Wall wants to change this, but as of right now it can't happen. When we attempt to enter their reality, what actually happens is we enter our mirror selves. Both Voids might also be connected however, meaning a change in one is reflected in a change in the other. This could be how a young Operator can hide a weapon in our Void, and then find it in the mirror Void.

This all being said, I think there's a chance there's a bit of time travel involved as well. I touched on why the mirror Operator is older than us, but seemingly not by much above, and I'm going to dive a bit deeper into that now. I think both realities are connected but at different points in each other's timelines. For us, the mirror reality is sometime in the past, and for them, we're in the future. I think this is hinted at by the fact we can hear a clock ticking rapidly as the adult Operator pulls the Tigris from the hole in the Duviri trailer. There's also the Cosmic Clock in the Necraloid enclave, which I believe will have something to do with how we get to this mirror reality.

I realize I'm rambling a bit now so I'm going to cut myself off here. This might be a bit disjointed and hard to understand for some, but it's my current thoughts. I'm not actually expecting to be right though, as this is all a bit out there. But who knows? Maybe parts of this will ring true.

duviri is the bad future which has happened because the sentients arrived during the next segment of the new war with a ridiculously sized armada of millions, patiently-built since their defeat of the old  , and by means of the rj void drive, the thumb is his link to his younger past by investing all his void powers to it, cutting offs, and sending to the past somehow.  that is why there always that kiddo reference.

because all the void powers were invested, the tenno body ages and are pure human.  the lotus remained faithful, and saved those whom she could, again, and those left live in the new next and probably final open world, by faction Tenno-humana.  gameplaying will incorporate FPS into new warframe fighting scenario al la CS, COD, missions like MG sneaky snake etc.  and then the saved necramechs which are being introduced now and to come for the mechwarrior flavoring, which will be available to pilot by tennotown's virtual arcade battle arena via psychic link, for other special missions.  and the rj is there, which will be the conduit to timetravel via thumbdrive  ;v

Tenno lead non-linear lives. After the 10-0 accident, the Tenno grew up and had lives in the void. Upon exiting the void, they reverted to the moment before they entered the void, and lost their memories. When we return in Duviri, we're going to find people that know/knew/will know us, like the leader of the Quills.

Well, we already know the Void is more than just a realm to tap for power and achieve FTL. There is something malevolent in there: see Harrow quest, the Man in the Wall and obviously the Corrupted faction.

The Deimos lore of Grandfather confirmed this. Also, there is that mirror in the Isolation Vaults where you can see the Duviri dragon.

Now, add to that the Quills and the Unum, who apparently have the ability to see/experience the future, most likely by using the Void to access potential universes-to-be to see which cause leads to what effect. Now these what-if mirror universes that never came to be leave echoes in the Void and my main theory is that one of these, or more precisely its inhabitants, is striving to become the 'real' main universe.

One thing I find of interest is when completing an Isolation Vault mission Mother says either that you need to strengthen your void connection or that the vault is a difficult place to navigate with one eye only. These phrases seem to imply that our character, the Tenno, is not actually "whole" when experiencing these things, but rather half. I find it possible that the actual Tenno was split into two halves during the Zariman 10-0 incident and one ended up as a kid back to the origin system and was used to control the warframes, while the other remained somewhere in the void. The latter ended up in the Duviri "dimension" and continued to age, at some pace at least.

Archived