Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vallis Coildrives destroying objectives with no hope of saving themn

Lord_Jaxom3

Just did my hand at a quick Vallis mission and one was to secure a coildrive. Usual procedure, Stop it, don't shoot it hack it. 

HOWEVER

Between the time of me hacking the coildrive and coming off the hack, another coildrive shows up and within the second destroys the one I'm trying to defend. Probably less time in fact I didn;t even get to turn around and shoot before tie special duty one was obliterated. 

This was a level 1 bounty. I don't care how easy it is for a rank 29 to do these, this is a huge oversight. I've always thought the coildrives do too much damage anyway, but this needs to be looked into cause there was nothing I could do at all to stop that.

Please, look into how much damag the coildrives are doing as it's consistently been too much.

On 2020-11-28 at 10:27 AM, Lord_Jaxom3 said:

Just did my hand at a quick Vallis mission and one was to secure a coildrive. Usual procedure, Stop it, don't shoot it hack it. 

HOWEVER

Between the time of me hacking the coildrive and coming off the hack, another coildrive shows up and within the second destroys the one I'm trying to defend. Probably less time in fact I didn;t even get to turn around and shoot before tie special duty one was obliterated. 

This was a level 1 bounty. I don't care how easy it is for a rank 29 to do these, this is a huge oversight. I've always thought the coildrives do too much damage anyway, but this needs to be looked into cause there was nothing I could do at all to stop that.

Please, look into how much damag the coildrives are doing as it's consistently been too much.

Can confirm this.  For me it's the Drones that get run over by Coildrives delivering troops.

I believe prior to this update, Coildrives did not intersect the stretch of road that your defense target sat on (or patrolled).  That seems to have been broken in this update.

21 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

If you just got to Venus, Vallis missions are not for you yet. Proceed on, then go back the other way past Mars a bit, then come back to Vallis to tackle the quest missions.

You might want to go back and read the OP's comment again. Carefully. Here, let me help you.

On 2020-11-27 at 8:27 PM, Lord_Jaxom3 said:

Between the time of me hacking the coildrive and coming off the hack, another coildrive shows up and within the second destroys the one I'm trying to defend. Probably less time in fact I didn't even get to turn around and shoot before tie special duty one was obliterated. 

Coildrive cannons can down most warframes within a handful of seconds, if that, and the pathing for the patroling coildrive took it through this mission's objective. That needs to be suppressed, so this is is an interaction bug to fix. Also a damage bug that needs addressing, considering the sheer DPS of coildrives exceeds most stuff.

3 hours ago, CloseToFar said:

You might want to go back and read the OP's comment again. Carefully. Here, let me help you.

The OP has a low number of posts. I did make a guess that they were perhaps a newer player, especially with the comment about MR 29s not having issues with the mission. This may not be true and could be bad on my part. Lots of newer players get to Venus and aren't ready for the jump in difficulty the Vallis provides over other Venus missions. I did read the OPs post, but they could have been making a hyperbole about the coildrive being taken out "in seconds".

However, in my post I said "If you are new" and gave a suggestion. If they aren't new, then my suggestion is moot and no harm done. You can keep your condescension though, thanks.

Back on topic, someone else in chat who was definitely not new last night also commented about coildrive damage taking them out and popping Frost bubbles too fast, so seems there is something going on.

6 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

The OP has a low number of posts. I did make a guess that they were perhaps a newer player, especially with the comment about MR 29s not having issues with the mission. This may not be true and could be bad on my part. Lots of newer players get to Venus and aren't ready for the jump in difficulty the Vallis provides over other Venus missions. I did read the OPs post, but they could have been making a hyperbole about the coildrive being taken out "in seconds".

However, in my post I said "If you are new" and gave a suggestion. If they aren't new, then my suggestion is moot and no harm done. You can keep your condescension though, thanks.

Back on topic, someone else in chat who was definitely not new last night also commented about coildrive damage taking them out and popping Frost bubbles too fast, so seems there is something going on.

Your comment didn't address any of the details that the OP noted about the speed at which the coildrive was killed, that and their thinking the coildrives did too much damage suggests it is not their first snow rodeo. So I'll say "after you" to the keeping of condescension. That to the side.

The Deimos update does seem to have introduced miscellaneous wackyness that's now needing to be hammered back down again. Alert Beacons (and the necks on Moa companions, it seems!) tunneling to their minimum elevation among several . So this is probably what we see in the Software QA world as a massive wave of bugs from a major merge. This stuff is likely best tagged to the Megathread.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I've never had any trouble soloing a level 3 mission drone. This one was going totally fine, and a coil drive wiped out in seconds even with all Wisp reservoirs attached to the drone. I was also doing a k-drive race and was next to a coil drive, and was dead in seconds. Unfortunately they'll probably ignore this because most people are done with Orb Vallis.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Ty_Braek said:

Yeah I've never had any trouble soloing a level 3 mission drone. This one was going totally fine, and a coil drive wiped out in seconds even with all Wisp reservoirs attached to the drone. I was also doing a k-drive race and was next to a coil drive, and was dead in seconds. Unfortunately they'll probably ignore this because most people are done with Orb Vallis.

Just hang in there!  This was fixed in 29.6.5 two weeks ago on PCs, so it should be coming to consoles...  Soon?

Archived