Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed! The preprocess pass appeared to crash.

-CCC-BeardedPike

Since November 26, I've been getting the same error message every time I try to start Warframe. The launcher tries to update, and then it just crashes. I didn't do anything to make this happen, it worked fine the day before. I just woke up and it was like this.

OeCbIBM.png

Has there ever been a fix for this? I've seen several other forum posts about this but none of them have given a solution to this problem. I tried restarting/updating Windows, updating my drivers, everything. What else can I do?

EDIT: This was fixed. I reinstalled the game twice. A pain, but it worked. All good now.

I've had the same issue. De's little tech support page. Is vague or outdated. 0 help on youtube videos. To put a little salt on the wounds. I've tried everything. Updated my drivers, restarted my PC several times, disabled anti-virus (mind you, antivirus never interfered with anything, it was working just fine.)  My computer is powerful and everything is relatively up to date. I bought a new dlc. But than I realized, steam isn't connected to this game, because it keeps crashing. So a friend of discord, gave me a new launcher link. So essentially. Im screwed. I cans till play but I can't access DLCs or anything like that. In conclusion my game decided to die. I submitted a support thingy. I am still waiting.

I solved the problem myself after being ignored by support for a week. When I tried setting the launcher to run in administrator mode, it came up with an error message saying that vcruntime140_1.dll was missing. Reinstalling the VC++ 2015-2019 redistributables (https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads) and restarting the computer allowed it to run again. Note that it has to be the 2015-2019 redist, not just the 2015 one as reported by an older thread on this topic.

Frankly, if you are on the steam version? Their is no way to play it normally, you gotta go to the files and click the launcher from the steam version from their. However you won't be able to have access to your DLCs. Or you can go to their official site and download their game from their.

I am having this problem as well. I was trying to update the game (10gb) but the speed was really low (250~kb/s). So I decided to re-download the game. But then I kept getting this preprocessor has crashed error. Tried re-installing, running steam as admin, removed myself from steam beta.

I can run the game if I don't start from steam, but start from the launcher in the installation folder. The first time I ran without steam, the launcher updated for 25 GBs, basically it downloaded the whole game but I was able to get the Play button.
So I can only run the game if I don't run from steam. But I lose the steam support for the game and tennogen stuff.

Actually, fellas the game isn't the problem its steam.

If you tried to

• Update your Os, all drivers
  • Refreshed your Os
  • Restart your game
  • Ended the task for all programs that may potentially interfere with Steam or the game itself
  • Disabled antivirus (even though it never interfered in the first place)
  • Verified and Optimized through the little COG. (Which literally does nothing)
  • Restarted your computer a million times
  • Tried a VPN
  • Tried anything as administrator

AND NOTHING WORKED, YOU COULD TRY 2 things for the steam version.

Go through the files and go to the launcher and click on the Launcher. It will act exactly like the Standalone Version. However you cannot access or buy anything from tennogen. Or even use Steam as a Payment Method for Tennogen or Platinum. You won't get banned or shadow banned or anything. From what I understand Steam Acts like a third party trigger to launch the game? Which also acts like a bridge to purchase their version for ADD ON PACKS or Tennogen Cosmetics. I contacted Steam or DE about this issue, still waiting for a response. I get it they gotta do stuff. Be patient. BUT it is a massive issue. I think Steam and DE should be tied NECK AND NECK in regards to this issue.

There should be a small group at steam to dedicating FIxing games like this.

A fix?

If you wanna continue using steam as a payment method or have access to Tennogen, you'll have to reinstall steam all over again. As far as I know its a steam issue. 

DISCLAIMER (MAKE SURE TO CREATE A BACKUP FOR STEAM AND REINSTALL STEAM IN A SEPARATE DIRECTORY) 👁️👃👁️

If you found this Helpful, make sure to tell me so.

Spoiler

Tia Ezelle (loveosaur) on Pinterest

• 5 weeks later...

So! I was hopeless too, but when I tried to launch GTA V, there was the "MSVCP140.dll" error. And I saw that it was related to the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries on my PC. I previously uninstalled Visual C++ Redistributable 2015, so I re-installed it again, and my GTA V worked again. But then I remembered about Warframe, which I left on my Steam Library. (Don't remember why I related it to Warframe, but whatever). I tried launching it again with C++ 2015 installed again. And it worked! 

Sadly, I don't know if there's a difference between spanish and english versions, so i'll put the link I used to install it. (It's the x64 one, i think the problem was that i had the x86 version and not the x64 one).

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Hope this works for you too.. It's amazing how there's really not a solution for this error. I was searching for solutions too, and then the game suddenly worked for me with this "fix".

https://imgur.com/a/GlMgbZO

• 5 months later...

Archived