Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Initial combo build and Gladiator mod set is bugged with exalted weapon.

Shinjukunoyopparai

2:30 Activating Serene Storm, x4 Gladiator set bonus still exists and I can proc red crit as I want.

2:43 Suddenly, Gladiator set bouns is gone. Now I barely proc red crits.

And the rest of the video is just me figuring if it's intentional or not, but considering gladiator set bonus does not disappear immediately just like Xoris does, I think this is a bug worthy to mention about.

Here is the context: Recently I found a strange, seemingly bugged phenomena. I usually use Fragor Prime build with riven that boosts my initial combo count to 85, making my Fragor Prime's combo count starts at 5X(with 4x gladiator set bonus), so I can reach 300%+ crit chance with my Valkyr Talons and Desert Wind with the help of Arcane Avenger.

But at some point, gladiator set bonus suddenly "disappears". Not "immediately" after activating exalted weapons. It seems this bug happens randomly during mission. I tried to stack combo with Fragor Prime, but it seems I can only stack 7x gladiator set bonus after this bug happens like original 5X/85 combo counter is non-existent but caps the actual limit of combo counter.

I am quite confused about defining this as a "bug" since DE "fixed" Xoris and Exalted weapon's interaction, but still, I will upload this for clear answer.

Edit: I didn't test with other weapons with initial combo count like synoid heliocor, because I failed to acquire riven to compare with my Fragor prime build. I'll try another weapons for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, i was using my baruuk and i noticed the same problem, at first i thought they changed the Gladiator set bonus or the interactions with certain weapons or skills, but after a while i saw that red crits were going on and off just like u mentioned. It looks more like a bad internal combo counter bug to me.

On 2020-11-28 at 9:54 AM, Duoxinie said:

2:30 Activating Serene Storm, x4 Gladiator set bonus still exists and I can proc red crit as I want.

2:43 Suddenly, Gladiator set bouns is gone. Now I barely proc red crits.

And the rest of the video is just me figuring if it's intentional or not, but considering gladiator set bonus does not disappear immediately just like Xoris does, I think this is a bug worthy to mention about.

Here is the context: Recently I found a strange, seemingly bugged phenomena. I usually use Fragor Prime build with riven that boosts my initial combo count to 85, making my Fragor Prime's combo count starts at 5X(with 4x gladiator set bonus), so I can reach 300%+ crit chance with my Valkyr Talons and Desert Wind with the help of Arcane Avenger.

But at some point, gladiator set bonus suddenly "disappears". Not "immediately" after activating exalted weapons. It seems this bug happens randomly during mission. I tried to stack combo with Fragor Prime, but it seems I can only stack 7x gladiator set bonus after this bug happens like original 5X/85 combo counter is non-existent but caps the actual limit of combo counter.

I am quite confused about defining this as a "bug" since DE "fixed" Xoris and Exalted weapon's interaction, but still, I will upload this for clear answer.

Edit: I didn't test with other weapons with initial combo count like synoid heliocor, because I failed to acquire riven to compare with my Fragor prime build. I'll try another weapons for now.

PS: it took me a while to find your post mainly cuz the title is a bit long and confusing, maybe if you rename it something like "red crit bug exalted weapon" or "red crit combo counter bug" it would be easier to find, but u do u :D great post anyway, well explained.

On 2020-12-09 at 2:12 AM, Galadonn said:

PS: it took me a while to find your post mainly cuz the title is a bit long and confusing, maybe if you rename it something like "red crit bug exalted weapon" or "red crit combo counter bug" it would be easier to find, but u do u :D great post anyway, well explained.

Apologies, I'm not fluent in english language so I did not really know what to type );

Yeah I had the same issue on my end, can we get a fix on this please? This is a nerf to our overall dps and limits us as players when trying out new and exciting builds for our melee combos. Putting a lot of time and effort into our frames and weapons just to get nerfed by a bug like this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen on some forums claiming this is a fix, because gladiator mods should not interact with exalted weapons. But it is too inconsistent.  The  red crits come and go as they pleased, and sometimes it gets stuck on 1x, and even if i switch back to venka prime, it wont build up.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having trouble understanding what was going on with my baruuk build. I'd build up, get red crits, then suddenly disappear.

Found a post on another forum where someone pointed out that the gladiator set bonus appears to be disappearing when baruuk fist actually makes contact with an enemy. I have to switch to melee and build it back up again to get back to red crits. 

This is either a bug, or an improper fix if gladiator was never intended to apply. 

EDIT: the fix (for now at least) is to run aura melee guidance, i left the rest of my build alone. Tested and this appears to have worked. 

Credit to the poster/thread I found this info on:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-16 at 6:36 PM, iStarTAC said:

I have seen on some forums claiming this is a fix, because gladiator mods should not interact with exalted weapons. But it is too inconsistent.  The  red crits come and go as they pleased, and sometimes it gets stuck on 1x, and even if i switch back to venka prime, it wont build up.

"fix" should not be this inconsistent. in my case, I could not stack more than 7x(my base combo counter allows me to stack 4x) with exalted melee.

• 1 month later...

I recently built baruuk and was playing around with him. I had the same issues while testing and playing builds with the inconsistent red crits. After the update 29.10 today on march 19th. Red crits are completely gone, I tested just about every combo and multiple melee weapons, also using helios and not using helios and just having gladiator mods as a statstick. My melee combo counter doesn't dissapear and reset but the combo does not seem to transfer over to desert storm anymore. 

EDIT: after a certain hotfix today (I think the second one), It's been reverted and fixed to a certain extent, still inconsistent but does work most of the time.

the recent hotfix about the gladiator set did not fix the issue..... the gladiator combo icon on the top right corner of the screen still appears and disappears randomly, the hotfix didn't change anything.... come on DE its been months now....

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-03-20 at 4:27 PM, ERROR said:

Still not fixed... it is discouraging me to use any warframe with exalted weapons... especially Baruuk.

Please fix T-T

Even after the ''fix'' nothing changed, i wonder if DE will ever be able to fix this bug, maybe its out of their league lol....

• 4 weeks later...

Just checking in.... DE released new skins for Baruuk but still didn't bother to fix the problem between Gladiator mods and desert wind combo disappearing....

So professional, DE are basically like Corpus, Profit FIRST! then fix.. maybe....

This happens when you gain combo with your exalted that then expires. For some reason the expiry on exalted overrides the combo on your normal melee, which removes the glad bonus.
It doesn't happen often, as the "waves" don't build combo, only actual melee hits. You can see in the youtube video that you gained a combo of 2 hits on desert wind, and when it expired thats when the set bonus stopped working.
The only consistent way I've found of fixing this is using Melee Guidance in aura, which will cause your desert wind to have a combo duration of -1s, meaning it cannot get any combo at all and thus it cannot glitch

• 1 month later...

Yeah they didnt fix it and they will never fix it, cause gladiators mods and statsticks probably "dont meant to work like that" 😂 

The simple fix (as the guys said above) is to "deactivate" (by making negative) the combo duration of the exalted weapon with [Melee Guidance] aura

PS: Dont write many things about stuffs you have fun with in the game (as synergies) , cause DE will probably nerf them. Joking! (or not?) ...

Archived