Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

curious but how heavy are warframes?

Timothy_Mark

i mean seriously im really curious on their weight and height, seeing npcs and random characters in relays warframes seem to be basically around 7 to 6.5 feet in height, and as for weight ratio, they are biomechanical robots, seeing how advanced umbra is despite him being modified by a biomechanical virus, he has some cybernetic augmentations to, and considering how the infestation is a biomechanical metal, metal is way more denser than normal flesh so it would make sense a waframe would be double the height of a normal human or at least close to being double the weight of a human, if a normal human weighs around 175+ pounds a warframe can easily weigh 350+ pounds or at least in the 250+ pound ratio, then again these are my opinions and im wondering on what do you think of it.

You can assume all warframes are mutant humans in the beginning. By Ballas' description of flesh into sword steel we can make some assumptions that the warframes skin at the least is woven metal, and the bones are reinforced alongside muscle, and other critical organs.  Some warframes like Inaros probably are far more mutant in this field, while frames like casters such as Saryn and Ember benefit very little with their strains focused more on enhancing and projecting their void powered abilities.  On some level, all warframes are enhanced human bodies, and in my opinion, molded from heroes and villains of specific professions from the Orokin era. Umbra for example was a honored Dax, so Saryn probably was a biologist or virologist of impressive skill, and Titania a jet pack user or the like.  With all this said, I believe that when you make a warframe, Ordis uses cloned human bodies to overlay the critical systems and components into the body as it's weaved by infested tissue and evolved into a simulcrum of the original person morphed into a prime.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Some warframes are heavier and lighter than others. Valkyr isn't even affected by dropping from higher heights but can move fast so some frames probably have some sturdy yet lightweight metal parts or something. 

Zephyr is obviously lighter so probably has built in lighter materials. 

Explains why she needs a lot of Oxium to craft, considering it's described as a lighter-than-air metal. 

They are actually a lot lighter than you think. There was this thing called The Great Ensmallening in Warframe. The entire Warframe universe was shrunk at some point.

While no one knows exactly how small they are, I assume they are tiny. It wouldn't be called The Great Ensmallening if every thing was just slightly smaller. I bet it's more like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids kinda situation where these warframes are actually like the size of ants. We just don't notice because the entire warframe universe was shrunk and not just the warframes. 

Considering how nimble even the most heavily-built frames are, they are likely to not be overly heavy. The fact that none of them (even the ones with relatively thin footprints) have issues when walking on surfaces like snow or sand indicates that there's something going on with their ground pressure distribution, at the very least.

Unless I'm mistaken, one could potentially calculate a proper weight by their acceleration and terminal velocity when in freefall (if one were to, for example, travel up to the flight ceiling on the Plains of Eidolon, it would be fairly simple to measure both).

23 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Unless I'm mistaken, one could potentially calculate a proper weight by their acceleration and terminal velocity when in freefall (if one were to, for example, travel up to the flight ceiling on the Plains of Eidolon, it would be fairly simple to measure both).

High school physics was a long time ago for me, but as I recall, acceleration is independent of mass, at least in a vacuum.  I think terminal velocity would come into effect only in the case of falling in atmosphere and only if you could quantify the air resistance, which you probably couldn't do in a meaningful way in this game.  Nor would I expect the devs to have somehow coded this into the game engine.

The point above about warframes seemingly interacting with snow and other footing more-or-less the way humans do would seem to indicate that they aren't extremely dense.

54 minutes ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

I think terminal velocity would come into effect only in the case of falling in atmosphere

Well, it's a good thing most locations we access have one. The reason I mentioned the Plains specifically is because we can assume its atmospheric density is at least similar to modern Earth (and since they're bordered by ocean on two sides we even know the altitude of the region in comparison to sea level).

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Well, it's a good thing most locations we access have one. The reason I mentioned the Plains specifically is because we can assume its atmospheric density is at least similar to modern Earth (and since they're bordered by ocean on two sides we even know the altitude of the region in comparison to sea level).

Sure, but wouldn't you also need to know how aerodynamic a falling warframe is? This would require a whole host of assumptions.  Again, there is no reason to assume that the devs considered any of this in their coding, so any experiments would be moot. 

For example, I would wager that an Excal standing on an unmodded K-drive (more-or-less maximum air resistance) would take exactly as long to fall from a given altitude over the POE as an Excal without.  In any world where it is possible to "double jump", realistic physics obviously weren't top of mind... 

depends on a number of factors; build material and extra equipment being the two I think of most.

regarding materials. Zephyr is made using high quantities of Oxium, which is described as being Lighter than air, while Rhino is simply classed as the heaviest warframe, but is that down to sheer size alone or is Iron Skin added into that equation? frames made from heavier materials would of course turn out heavier.

equipment is a factor as well. weapons made from void energy like Exalted Blade likely weigh nothing, but weapons like Mesa's Regulators or Protea's Artillery cannons would add some degree of weight to a frame. we know these are material items, not made from void like the abilities conjured up from warframes such as Frost, yet Frost is a slower frame, so perhaps he weighs more?

at the end of the day though, one could just dismiss it all entirely with the "space magic" argument, and say that void energy within the frames doesn't adhere to the laws of physics. or at least, can be made to defy and obey them on command by the user, depending on what the situation requires.

5 hours ago, Formous said:

You can assume all warframes are mutant humans in the beginning. By Ballas' description of flesh into sword steel we can make some assumptions that the warframes skin at the least is woven metal, and the bones are reinforced alongside muscle, and other critical organs.  Some warframes like Inaros probably are far more mutant in this field, while frames like casters such as Saryn and Ember benefit very little with their strains focused more on enhancing and projecting their void powered abilities.  On some level, all warframes are enhanced human bodies, and in my opinion, molded from heroes and villains of specific professions from the Orokin era. Umbra for example was a honored Dax, so Saryn probably was a biologist or virologist of impressive skill, and Titania a jet pack user or the like.  With all this said, I believe that when you make a warframe, Ordis uses cloned human bodies to overlay the critical systems and components into the body as it's weaved by infested tissue and evolved into a simulcrum of the original person morphed into a prime.

you aint wrong on that actually! but i think there can be some other things involved to like cybernetic augmentations, optics, mechanical weapons, you know the deal, but i still think on warframes tho being as special class soldiers considering how ballass call them as nothing more but bio drones in our control than people, umbra is a honored dax but ballass treats him as nothing more as a weapon, even when he was a dax, he viewed him as another pawn in his game of chess, so who knows i guess.

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

They are actually a lot lighter than you think. There was this thing called The Great Ensmallening in Warframe. The entire Warframe universe was shrunk at some point.

While no one knows exactly how small they are, I assume they are tiny. It wouldn't be called The Great Ensmallening if every thing was just slightly smaller. I bet it's more like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids kinda situation where these warframes are actually like the size of ants. We just don't notice because the entire warframe universe was shrunk and not just the warframes. 

im literally confused on what you just said there and wait a minute thats the game not the universe, because if that was the universe then bloody hell that sounds kinda depressing actually.

A Warframes "true weight" is probably 500lbs plus. Even for the smol bois. Grendel probably weighs a Literal Ton. Rhino could be Far Heavier with Magic Gravity Ignoring Void Magic Bull.

But I'm sure Warframes got some quantum-magic-bull gravity neutralizer or something, at any given moment the Warframe/Operator is actively deciding How Heavy the Frame is. Between Bullet Gliding and Power Slams, think the Warframes "weight" is in constant flux.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

A Warframes "true weight" is probably 500lbs plus. Even for the smol bois. Grendel probably weighs a Literal Ton. Rhino could be Far Heavier with Magic Gravity Ignoring Void Magic Bull.

But I'm sure Warframes got some quantum-magic-bull gravity neutralizer or something, at any given moment the Warframe/Operator is actively deciding How Heavy the Frame is. Between Bullet Gliding and Power Slams, think the Warframes "weight" is in constant flux.

thats my exact thoughts! tho i do think they'll be 440ish than 500 pounds on normal frames. 

9 hours ago, Corvid said:

Considering how nimble even the most heavily-built frames are, they are likely to not be overly heavy. The fact that none of them (even the ones with relatively thin footprints) have issues when walking on surfaces like snow or sand indicates that there's something going on with their ground pressure distribution, at the very least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo's_Leaning_Tower_of_Pisa_experiment

I don't think there is a single right answer ,

Specially because no two frames are the same.

Top it off with void magic that can bend or break the laws of physics a frame could weigh anything from a couple of tons to a couple of protons.

The manufacturing materials for frames are also very varied from super dense alloy to lighter than air materials even if we ignore void magic.

One, if you made a cast likeness of a person from solid metal, it would be way heavier than double the weight, think of the volume of a bar bell with 200 lbs compared to a 200 lbs man.

Two, an organic metallic creature would not make itself of solid metals, but fibers and strands, just like the tiny matrices in bones or hollow cavities in organs. Combine with a bunch of made up elements and chemistry, it could weigh literally whatever. 

But what really throws all of that out the window is that gravity isn't consistent around the solar system, consider that every space ship is using artificial gravity, and planets like Jupiter have 2.4 times the gravity of earth, while Lua has 1/4. The weight of frames, and everything should be all over the place. 

Since the technology apparently exists to homogenize gravity on any ship or planet, how frames interact with weight is fundamentally trivial. It's furthermore demonstrated by frames ability to jump on air and suspend their fall, let alone teleport to an astral projection. 

Archived