Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

curious but how heavy are warframes?

Timothy_Mark

7 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

But what really throws all of that out the window is that gravity isn't consistent around the solar system, consider that every space ship is using artificial gravity, and planets like Jupiter have 2.4 times the gravity of earth, while Lua has 1/4. The weight of frames, and everything should be all over the place. 

Since the technology apparently exists to homogenize gravity on any ship or planet, how frames interact with weight is fundamentally trivial. It's furthermore demonstrated by frames ability to jump on air and suspend their fall, let alone teleport to an astral projection. 

I agree with this. I haven't done specific tests, but from what I've seen gravity and rate of acceleration in free fall seems fairly constant throughout the game, other than low gravity modded nightmare missions. That's something else to think about too, how does low gravity show up on certain planets?

I think the important thing is in Warframe's universe, people have evolved past the vanity of caring how heavy they are, and simply exist. I think that's a world we should all strive for, and not just because I want to double jump in real life.

The only thing we know from DE's own internal units of measurement is the approximate heights of Warframes.

Frames like Trinity are the shortest, at around 5'10 or 177cm (and that's pretty tall compared to a lot of humans, and the upper heights are strange, with most frames capping out at 6'3 to 6'4, 190 to 193cm. The taller ones are frames like Limbo with his hat making him nearly 7', 213cm.

It's fun to consider that I'm personally taller than Chroma, who stands at 6'3, and despite his appearance, Nezha is the same height.

And the outstanding ones are characters like Darvo. Darvo is 6'8, 203cm, like the lanky, scrawny bugger he is...

In terms of weight, we have some odd disparities, with a frame like Zephyr who, because of the amount of Oxium used in her construction compared to the heavier elements, literally has 50% less weight than any other frame, allowing her to fall slowly due to her surface area lowering her mass. Then we have Rhino, who is canonically the heaviest frame, heavy enough to Stomp and slow down time, who does not appear to have the same mass as Grendel, the physically bigger frame. And people like to point out Vauban, who, despite using thousands of units of Oxium in his construction, also uses thousands of units of Alloy plating, Rubedo, Cryotic and similar heavy elements, meaning we have no idea how much he should weigh...

Weight in Warframe is really, really tricky.

7 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Remember that warframes were first made from people, the helminth strand only converted their bodies, it didn't create mass from nothing

but they to get a bunch of cybernetic augmentations to, especially how all warframes need resources to build, the infestation is used to transform the body and the resources are whats augment and create the frame, so yes i do believe they are probably double the weight of a human. 

On 2020-12-01 at 6:43 AM, Ailia_Grimm said:

Remember that warframes were first made from people, the helminth strand only converted their bodies, it didn't create mass from nothing

but thats just to transform them the rest is armor, optics, and other cybernetic augmentations and that can weigh alot, most especially look at the amount of resources used to build warframes, and for umbra hes still in a damaged phase and after ballass forcing him to kill his son he could have been dosed and then fully augmented and transformed into a warframe. 

To take a guess looking at how strong they are and how slow/ nimble they are I would probably say from 15 lbs at the lightest and 500lbs at the heaviest. Zephyr would be the lightest and probably no heavier that 30lbs considered unless she uses her powers to slow her fall, with her size being about 6,3” and made out of oxium.she would have to be as heavy as a stack of like 20 sheets of paper. Where rhino who is heavy enough to cause shockwaves on landing, ( just like my dad) would probably be near 500 lb and made from heavy heavy metals, which is why even though there are frames who should have more mass he is simply more dense

On 2020-12-01 at 7:24 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Frames like Trinity are the shortest, at around 5'10 or 177cm (and that's pretty tall compared to a lot of humans, and the upper heights are strange, with most frames capping out at 6'3 to 6'4, 190 to 193cm. The taller ones are frames like Limbo with his hat making him nearly 7', 213cm.

Source?

On 2020-12-01 at 1:24 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Frames like Trinity are the shortest, at around 5'10 or 177cm (and that's pretty tall compared to a lot of humans)

Honestly, that’s at my Height or 1 inch shorter but i can imagine seeing that tall of a Lobster if it existed in Real Life.

On 2020-11-30 at 3:39 PM, Corvid said:

Unless I'm mistaken, one could potentially calculate a proper weight by their acceleration and terminal velocity when in freefall (if one were to, for example, travel up to the flight ceiling on the Plains of Eidolon, it would be fairly simple to measure both).

I don't think theres anywhere high enough in warframe to even calculate that. You would need well over 500 meters of distance to since the human body's terminal velocity alone requires 1880 feet, almost 600 meters at 573.02 meters to reach it. If a heavier object were to fall then we  couldn't even do it because heavier objects require further distances to reach terminal velocity. And clearly warframes weigh more than humans more than likely so that distance would increase by a lot. Though we don't know how heavy they are so we don't know how far one needs to travel to reach terminal velocity. You'd have to experiment wherever the maps are the highest reaching and time things for yourself. Otherwise you're SOL.

21 hours ago, Corvid said:

Source?

I believe it was Prime Time, somewhere back at number 150, when they confirmed for one of the first times why they weren’t putting any quadruped Warframes into the game; because they were all based on the same skeleton that was a default height.

They mentioned that proportionally the default was 6’ and they could tweak it taller, shorter, a little more lanky, stocky and so on. But too big or too small messed with animations.

After that it was the players going in and screen-capping all the frames at the time and seeing what the ‘default’ was (spoiler, it’s default Excal), and what, proportionally, would be the heights of the other frames.

The one true confirmation we had was at one of the TennoCons where they did the quiz for prizes and asked which of four was the shortest Warframe. They confirmed that Trinity was the shortest in the game. So based on that, the difference between her and the default, we have the approximate height of her and know all the others are taller ^^

On 2020-12-02 at 3:55 PM, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

To take a guess looking at how strong they are and how slow/ nimble they are I would probably say from 15 lbs at the lightest and 500lbs at the heaviest. Zephyr would be the lightest and probably no heavier that 30lbs considered unless she uses her powers to slow her fall, with her size being about 6,3” and made out of oxium.she would have to be as heavy as a stack of like 20 sheets of paper. Where rhino who is heavy enough to cause shockwaves on landing, ( just like my dad) would probably be near 500 lb and made from heavy heavy metals, which is why even though there are frames who should have more mass he is simply more dense

eeeh I'm neutral about that she'll be most likely 200+ pounds at least, remember how jets are made of extremely light but durable materials but weigh around a ton or so? same came be applied for zephyr 

11 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

I don't think theres anywhere high enough in warframe to even calculate that. You would need well over 500 meters of distance to since the human body's terminal velocity alone requires 1880 feet, almost 600 meters at 573.02 meters to reach it.

Plains of Eidolon's flight ceiling should be sufficient. I'm fairly certain we hit TV when we fall from it.

5 hours ago, Timothy_Mark said:

eeeh I'm neutral about that she'll be most likely 200+ pounds at least, remember how jets are made of extremely light but durable materials but weigh around a ton or so? same came be applied for zephyr 

Yeah except the fact the is I drop a jet engine it isn’t gonna gently float to the ground. On top of that zephyr is made mostly from oxium a lighter than air material. So for a 6,2 ish human to reach terminal velocity after falling 30m it would have to weigh as much as your standard house cat.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I wouldnt be surprised if frames like Hildryn, Grendel, Atlas, Rhino and some others have a weight of up towards a ton when you account for the insane muscle mass along with very heavy iron based armor.

Then fat asses would crack almost any surface they landed on. I don’t think any frame would weight a ton. However in do think at the very heaviest they would weight 300lbs.

I think the actual range in weights is likely to be small. Most Warframes probably weigh very similar to each other, with the sole exception of Zephyr. I also think their weights are closer to that of average Grineer and Corpus troops. There are a few factors leading me to this conclusion:

• Every Warframe (except Zephyr) has a consistent rate of acceleration in free fall across all maps. Therefore their weights must be close in value if not identical. In my limited testing, enemy units seem to share the same free fall acceleration.
  • Every Warframe can balance on ziplines, which limits their maximum weight otherwise they'd snap the line. Even assuming the line is made from some super strong material, we have to consider pulling the anchors from their housing in rock faces, and the fact the cables can still sag proving they cannot be made of something too dense.
  • Every Warframe (except Atlas due to his passive) can be knocked over by various enemies roughly the same size as us. If Warframes weighed much more than them, this would run counter to Newton's third law; for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. No matter how strong a being is, trying to knock over something heavier than them without some kind of counter-balance would cause an opposite force negating all of their effort. Note even Grineer Shield Lancers are capable of knocking a Warframe over with a simple shield bash.
  • EDIT: Adding to the previous point, Even Grineer Scorpions can drag us to them, meaning they must have a similar or greater mass to a Warframe. Otherwise they would be pulled to the Warframe instead.
  • Forces such as explosions or shockwaves which can knock over both Warframes and enemies tend to throw both roughly the same distances. This would only be true if every individual being thrown weighed roughly the same amount.

Admittedly, this can also be explained by Warframe's own physics being relatively simple to cut down in the math being done by the engine during gameplay. But since we have no basis with which to compare Warframes to real life, this is all we have to go on from a scientific basis. We can try to draw comparisons between Grineer or Corpus troops and existing analogues in real life, but with no way to confirm how true those guesses might be. However, we can still use the points above to assume Warframes generally weigh the same as each other and as other units in the Warframe universe. To go further we'd need a canon weight on something in the universe so we could attempt to extrapolate from there.

Archived