Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My suggestion, after a bit over 3 years playing the game, on what to add to Warframe to make it a bit more fun/challenging/simple/modern

PSvsXBOX

1. Planet buffs/perks/debuffs:

• Example: Cold planets give frost more damage or duration or speed or range or gives him more HP or is immune to cold damage, or it gives cold damage to his weapons, while ember gets a debuff on her damage or HP or speed or something else, and other Warframes that don't have an opposite elemental type to "hurt" them they get speed or armour reduction or not even get a debuff.
  • Example #2: Mag gets a buff on Corpus tile sets or when electromagnetic anomalies appear she is immune to them, Void gives Xaku a buff, toxic planets give Saryn a buff (her 3 already gives toxin damage so lets say she gets an HP buff), Sentient tile sets give Revenant a buff, etc.
  • As I said, they can have a buff an a debuff, or just a buff or debuff for certain Warframes on certain planets/tile sets or they can get nothing at all. Lets say there are so called "Positive, negative and neutral" planets/tile sets for Warframes.

2. Combined elemental damage/secondary passive:

• So what I had in mind here was, example: Lets look at Frost and Ember for easy explanation, lets say if Ember stands in Frost' bubble, and lets say we use Ember's 3, she now has a chance to deal blast damage (not a 100% chance but lets say its 25%-30% on a cast) and if Ember casts her 1, Frost can pick it up as a "buff" for his next cast of his 2 to proc blast damage as well.
  • Second example for this is lets say Ember and Saryn combo. Ember casts her 1, Saryn picks it up, casts her 3 and she has gas damage now, however, Ember doesn't benefit from a buff because there is no viable combination for her Saryn could give to her abilities.
  • These 2 are just some of the examples I had in mind, and of course, If one Warframe has a benefit from another, that doesn't mean that the other one will have the benefit from the other, lets say it is a leech thing.

3. Weapon elemental damage selection rework:

• Here is what I think it would be helpful. That we can lock in one elemental type, based on the mods we put on the weapon, and once we locked in lets say viral damage, any other elemental mods we put in will not effect the other two that are making viral damage and will work around it to be combined with other mods to make other elemental damage. Combination goes as well for weapons that already have a built in elemental damage, Ninkondi, Prova vandal, Ohma, Serro, Basmu, Fulmin, etc.
  • So, my suggestion is to like have a UI button, lets say below all equipped mods, and based on what elemental types a weapon has we cycle that button to lock in one elemental damage type and the rest work around it to make other combinations depending on what the selected elemental type allows to be combined. This will make it a bit more simple to work with mods.

4. Mod Polarity and Forma changes:

• Right, so I think its about time something got done with mod polarities and formas. About one year ago, I think, we got the ability to buy the "Config Slot" for 10 platinum, which is great, but here is the real problem, what is the point of that if 1 forma cant do its job and be used for all polarities and we have to have 2, sometimes 3 warframes because of builds? To me its way more convenient to have 3,4 even 5 builds on one warframe, since now we can have more config slots.
  • My suggestion about this is: 
  1. Make the regular forma universal with all polarities (Doesn't count with umbra forma).
  2. We have 4 types of formas in the game, (Umbra, Aura, Stance and the regular one), what should be done about this is that, for example: To change (unlock it for good) lets say the aura polarity we need the aura forma, or we need to use it so we get the bonus capacity from it, same principle for melee. And of course Umbra forma is Umbra polarity, that is unique. However if someone already had a regular forma on the aura slot or stance slot it should count as if the aura or stance forma was used.
  • And of course, the polarity of mods can stay as it is, only that the regular forma gets to be universal for all polarities, aside from Umbra of course. Its more of because of the config slots we got and to make our lives more easier when it comes to making builds.

Well, these are the things I think would be a nice addition to the game to make it more appealing, fun and a bit more modern gameplay feeling for simplicity, especially the elemental type selection and the forma/polarity rework.

I hope someone has to add something to this, if not, Cheers and thank you for reading :highfive:

36 minutes ago, PSvsXBOX said:

1. Planet buffs/perks/debuffs:

What happens to all those frames that don't have a specific element? Take Grendel, or Gauss, or Hildryn for example. When nothing really fits as 'suitable', what happens? Arbitrarily assigning them to locations seems like a poor choice. Excluding them invalidates the whole suggestion - too many frames would be excluded to make it worth DE's time to even consider.

39 minutes ago, PSvsXBOX said:

Second example for this is lets say Ember and Saryn combo. Ember casts her 1, Saryn picks it up, casts her 3 and she has gas damage now, however, Ember doesn't benefit from a buff because there is no viable combination for her Saryn could give to her abilities.

Except for this: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Venom_Dose

Why does casting this on Ember not just convert her abilities, or some of them, to gas damage? And why doesn't using the augment for Ember's first ability have the same impact on Saryn? Your second suggestion seems to not make any sense. You are either changing how abilities work without mentioning it, or requiring augments to be used and not mentioning it. You really need to provide some explanation.

42 minutes ago, PSvsXBOX said:

So, my suggestion is to like have a UI button, lets say below all equipped mods, and based on what elemental types a weapon has we cycle that button to lock in one elemental damage type and the rest work around it to make other combinations depending on what the selected elemental type allows to be combined. This will make it a bit more simple to work with mods.

So, I could use Cold in two separate ways? Say having viral and blast on the one weapon?

• This needs to be clarified, because it sounds like you are suggesting something that is present in the game. I assume your intention is that we could double up like that.
45 minutes ago, PSvsXBOX said:

Make the regular forma universal with all polarities (Doesn't count with umbra forma).

You missed the other types of forma. It also couldn't work on Stance or Aura slots. So you would be forced to buy/make an aura or stance forma if you wanted to polarise those slots. This doesn't seem like a good change, without cost changes to the other forma types.

• To me, what seems like the best solution here is to simply allow us to polarise different configs. The Helminth system lets us select which configs to apply stuff to, why not get a similar feature applied to forma?

23 minutes ago, krc473 said:

So, I could use Cold in two separate ways? Say having viral and blast on the one weapon?

• This needs to be clarified, because it sounds like you are suggesting something that is present in the game. I assume your intention is that we could double up like that.

Ok, think of it like this. We have 2 little selection windows below or on the side where the mods are put in, we select lets say viral to be a first fixed elemental damage combination in the first window, then we have a second window that shows us what combinations are allowed to be put next with viral (radiation, heat, electricity) and of course the selection depends on what mods we put in and if the weapon already has an elemental damage without any other mods. In other words, nice little UI windows that we can interact with and select elemental damage types based on what mods we put in, and of course we cant say use cold in two separate ways, only in combination that is allowed of course.

37 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You missed the other types of forma. It also couldn't work on Stance or Aura slots. So you would be forced to buy/make an aura or stance forma if you wanted to polarise those slots. This doesn't seem like a good change, without cost changes to the other forma types.

• To me, what seems like the best solution here is to simply allow us to polarise different configs. The Helminth system lets us select which configs to apply stuff to, why not get a similar feature applied to forma?

Just as simple as making the normal forma universal for all polarities (madurai, zenurik, naramon. unairu, vazarin and penjaga), the game is big and getting bigger, and its more convenient having all the builds in one place, mainly for warframes. Umbra is still umbra polarity no matter what and an umbra forma is needed for it, however the aura and stance formas could give the bonus capacity, no polarity just use the appropriate forma to get the x2 capacity from a stance/aura, and I say that because of balance for that concept, and the consequence for a regular forma to be universal is that we need to use the stance or aura forma, it doesn't have to be like that but that would be up to DE to decide if they want to do so.

5 hours ago, PSvsXBOX said:

In other words, nice little UI windows that we can interact with and select elemental damage types based on what mods we put in, and of course we cant say use cold in two separate ways, only in combination that is allowed of course.

So, what exactly is the point in this? Is it to grant us two extra slots? I cannot see a benefit from it. If you don’t know what elements make what, just go to your configs in the Arsenal and type in the name of the element you want. Typing corrosive will give you the mods to make it.

• This looks pretty different to how your third point suggestion reads. You may want to edit the OP and add it in, just so people understand.
5 hours ago, PSvsXBOX said:

however the aura and stance formas could give the bonus capacity, no polarity just use the appropriate forma to get the x2 capacity from a stance/aura

This seems like a bad way to do it. The bonus capacity is useful, and you would be locking new players out of it, or forcing them to pay for the specific Forma to get it. I guess the simplest way to go about this is to just say Forma cannot be applied to aura or stance mod slots. Have them universal, make us use the aura/stance Forma if we want a universal aura/stance slot.

41 minutes ago, krc473 said:

So, what exactly is the point in this? Is it to grant us two extra slots? I cannot see a benefit from it. If you don’t know what elements make what, just go to your configs in the Arsenal and type in the name of the element you want. Typing corrosive will give you the mods to make it.

• This looks pretty different to how your third point suggestion reads. You may want to edit the OP and add it in, just so people understand.

No its not granting additional slots or anything, its more of a convenient way of making sure that you lock in the elemental types that you want for that weapon.  A perfect example is Ninkondi, it has base electricity damage, and you want to make a corrosive combination with heat along side it (for example), so the problem is if you put a toxin and a heat mod in your build, you wont get corrosive and heat combo, you will get gas and electricity instead of what you wanted, which is annoying since you cant lock in one elemental combination so it doesn't get ruined if you add other elemental mods. So that is what I mean of making a button or any kind of interactive thing about that so that we can lock it in so that the combination doesn't get ruined, it is frustrating sometimes making the right combination when it can't be locked in so that it doesn't get ruined.

Archived