Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back to the basics

S.Dust

Excitement needs to be earned once again. Warframe should start creating quest frames again. I don't mean you finish a quest and then some arbitrary line is said to make you receiving the blueprint make sense. I mean over the course of the quest we get all the blue print parts. This would do two things, one give DE reasons to make more quest with some amount of actual length and some story two, make frames feel more earned and allow a build up to getting the frame, ok I lied three things, the third thing would be save us some farming time. We have enough frames in arbitrary locations that can be farmed out. There isn't a mission type left in the game that doesn't have some warframe part dropping (exaggerating there probably are a few) and with the number of nodes we have DE could easily keep putting frame parts in random places, but as we can see the community isn't satisfied with the game and a step back towards some of the better things would be nice.

Small things baby steps. The quest don't need to be on the level of the main story line, we don't need you to make another sacrifice quest but a full quest makes frames memorable.

This post will likely fall on deaf ears but I had the thought time and the boredom to make the post so why no.

24 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Excitement needs to be earned once again. Warframe should start creating quest frames again. I don't mean you finish a quest and then some arbitrary line is said to make you receiving the blueprint make sense. I mean over the course of the quest we get all the blue print parts. This would do two things, one give DE reasons to make more quest with some amount of actual length and some story two, make frames feel more earned and allow a build up to getting the frame, ok I lied three things, the third thing would be save us some farming time. We have enough frames in arbitrary locations that can be farmed out. There isn't a mission type left in the game that doesn't have some warframe part dropping (exaggerating there probably are a few) and with the number of nodes we have DE could easily keep putting frame parts in random places, but as we can see the community isn't satisfied with the game and a step back towards some of the better things would be nice.

Small things baby steps. The quest don't need to be on the level of the main story line, we don't need you to make another sacrifice quest but a full quest makes frames memorable.

This post will likely fall on deaf ears but I had the thought time and the boredom to make the post so why no.

DE won't do quests like of that caliber anymore 'cause they want you to do quests and grind the fck out of things that related to those quests.

As for making quests exciting by itself, IDK. Warframe being a semi-braindead power fantasy game makes it hard to be compelled by whatever resembles a challenge in those quests without bullsht mechanics.

By the end of the day, we came to Warframe because of the quests, but we stay because of the grind.

Good replayability>one time estacy.

24 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

one give DE reasons to make more quest with some amount of actual length and some story

Oh goodness me. Oh poor poor us. Look at the sorry state of these forums, where such things can be read.

I mean, what the actual hell. "Give DE reasons" to make quests? Since when do they need reasons to make quests? What's missing is not the reasons - it is the time. Making "quests with some amount of actual length and some story" is enormously time-consuming to make for DE and they offer extremely low returns - player go through the quest once (and maybe revisit it sporadically for fun) and, once they are through, come here on the forums to moan that the new large update took months for DE to make and after two hours you have already played the largest chunk of it.

So no. All of what you say is contrary to the interests of DE. "Save us some farming time", as you say? Why are you even pointing out the reasons for DE to dislike your proposal even more? Why are you asking them to do something and actively explaining to them why it is not in their interests?

31 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

but a full quest makes frames memorable.

Also, on a tangent, no. I do not agree with you.

I played with Loki and Frost and Saryn for literally hundreds of hours despite them not having a quest. They are plenty memorable.

On the other hand, Limbo has a quest. Do I find him memorable? Hell no. I usually really forget he exists.

Being memorable is about the gameplay.

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

What's missing is not the reasons - it is the time

DE have already proven they lack time management, we've waited a whole year for less so people in the community need to stop using time as an argument against improvement, or trying new things. In fact everyone's obsession with never suggesting anything that would take time comes from DE's lack of time management to begin with. They release so little while being given so much time that we all assume they have absolutely none and try to only focus on the next big thing. We should be pushing them manage their time better and release smaller things like quest because lets be real some of the quest were never that big and didn't look that time intensive to make, the silver grove being a good example.  Once upon a time they did have the time/made the time to do these things so part of me really has to wonder where the time went?

well, we've had many frames made available through RNG, and for the most part, the farming for them sucks. usually this is because they are tied to an unlikable mode like Infested Salvage (Nidus) or Defection and Kuva Spy (Harrow), Gauss arguably gets a pass as Disruption is a mode that most of the community seems to like, or at least tolerate.

I definitely prefer the old days of getting frames Via Quests, but the sad truth is that you play a quest once and that's it: DE wnat you to keep playing, and the easiest way to do that is to gate things behind low drop chances and RNG. the unlucky souls who end up burnign themselves out on the farm are, to DE, a small price to pay for the rest of the players getting some longevity out of the game.

they *almost* got it right again with Protea, though I find Granum Void forces a particular playstyle: Xoris all the things and take a meta loadout. getting the frame piece by piece as the quest unfolds makes for a satisfying sense of progression. 

4 hours ago, S.Dust said:

DE have already proven they lack time management, we've waited a whole year for less so people in the community need to stop using time as an argument against improvement, or trying new things. In fact everyone's obsession with never suggesting anything that would take time comes from DE's lack of time management to begin with. They release so little while being given so much time that we all assume they have absolutely none and try to only focus on the next big thing. We should be pushing them manage their time better and release smaller things like quest because lets be real some of the quest were never that big and didn't look that time intensive to make, the silver grove being a good example.  Once upon a time they did have the time/made the time to do these things so part of me really has to wonder where the time went?

Nah, I can't get with this. I hate these stupid little jabs at gaming companies. 

You do understand DE actually showcased a part of a main devstream showcasing improved colorblind and color sensitive options for those players affected so they, too, can play. Also take into consideration the player who posted about two weeks ago who had limited physical mobility that expressed their frustration over the Nihil fight's mechanics. While some commenters wanted DE to "not worry too much" about issues like this, thankfully DE doesn't share that thought.

You think about JUST what you want, like many players, while DE thinks about the thousands of players of different walks that send millions of emails begging DE to either not leave them out or to NOT implement a forum rant's "godly" idea of making the game better. How many emails do you think DE would get saying not to change or rework something? Time management...kill that noise bro. What, should they skip every single email and post for the sake of time management too? Then we'll be even more into the "DE doesn't listen to its players" cry fest. Outta here with that.

Except the problem with focusing on quests is that they're one-and-done content. We've seen the complaints crop up after every major story quest along the lines of "wow they spent all this time just for a 20 minute mission? When are we getting actual content?" And even when not making such complaints it's still a fact that quests on their own don't add longevity to the game as they aren't going to make people want to come back if there isn't something else to play after doing said quest.

There is really no winning with the direction of content. No matter what gets made it'll see pushback from some other part of the community.

17 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

You do understand DE actually showcased a part of a main devstream showcasing improved colorblind and color sensitive options for those players affected so they, too, can play.

Basic color blind options aren't a new thing

Also take into consideration the player who posted about two weeks ago who had limited physical mobility that expressed their frustration over the Nihil fight's mechanics. While some commenters wanted DE to "not worry too much" about issues like this, thankfully DE doesn't share that thought.

Arguably they shouldn't be worrying about it. You don't build gameplay around a few peoples abilities you build it around the majority. The job of making playing comfortable comes down to what you choose to use to play, custom controllers for people with physical disadvantages exist. DE shouldn't be in the business of making fights that are already beyond easy easier for a minority of people. If you think they should all you but I think DE's pandering a million different audiences is what's hurting the game.

You think about JUST what you want, like many players, while DE thinks about the thousands of players of different walks that send millions of emails begging DE to either not leave them out or to NOT implement a forum rant's "godly" idea of making the game better. How many emails do you think DE would get saying not to change or rework something? Time management...kill that noise bro. What, should they skip every single email and post for the sake of time management too? Then we'll be even more into the "DE doesn't listen to its players" cry fest. Outta here with that.

First of all I'm thinking about why this games getting so much hate and what steps back they should take to a time when they weren't such a joke. Second IDK how many emails they get you tell me since you apparently have access to their inbox.

5 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Basic color blind options aren't a new thing

Arguably they shouldn't be worrying about it. You don't build gameplay around a few peoples abilities you build it around the majority. The job of making playing comfortable comes down to what you choose to use to play, custom controllers for people with physical disadvantages exist. DE shouldn't be in the business of making fights that are already beyond easy easier for a minority of people. If you think they should all you but I think DE's pandering a million different audiences is what's hurting the game.

First of all I'm thinking about why this games getting so much hate and what steps back they should take to a time when they weren't such a joke. Second IDK how many emails they get you tell me since you apparently have access to their inbox.

There is no stepping back when it comes to the age of satire, fake fame and the quest for views, likes and subscribes. Keep in mind that negatives, trolling and controversies are the  youtuber go-tos for making money. Division brings both the "salty vets" and "white knights" to a youtube channel to either bandwagon, troll or down-vote. If you live in the USA then it should VERY EASY to see how effective this strategy is. 

The bottom line is the game is an absolute godsend for new, casual, hardcore and completionist player for 1000's of hours. After that, it somehow becomes not enough. That only means you overplayed Warframe and need to take a break or stop altogether. The game owes you NOTHING for that but a "thank you for playing!". Every last one of these 3000+ hour dudes need to shut up. That 3000 hours equates to playing the same game every day for 8 hours a day for OVER ONE FULL YEAR STRAIGHT. It's dumb as hell for them to even vomit negative stuff out at that point. And, to make it worse, the content has expanded so much from the original game that it's actually extremely insulting to the devs to reward such a feat to a playerbase. 

Bro, those people aren't "criticizing" the game. They are demanding that DE bring back their early days of playing a game they've played for damn near a decade. 

On 2020-11-29 at 6:24 PM, Ragnafiro said:

DE won't do quests like of that caliber anymore 'cause they want you to do quests and grind the fck out of things that related to those quests.

That's not true. DE doesn't want you to grind, as the reason they make the grind really bad is to encourage you to spend plat to skip the terrible grind. The saving from not putting any effort into it also helps.

Le 29/11/2020 à 16:51, S.Dust a dit :

There isn't a mission type left in the game that doesn't have some warframe part dropping (exaggerating there probably are a few) and with the number of nodes we have DE could easily keep putting frame parts in random places.

Railjack noises intensifies...

Archived