Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

athodai, i hate it

JohnnyTsunami1337

Its just messed up to give out a Tennocon exclusive weapon on a date where tennocon wasn´t originaly planed. Would have been there, but at the time when they announced they switch dates I already had planed the whole familyvacation. And Tennocon happend to be during that time. For me it was a huge bummer to miss exclusiv stuff.

I realy dont like the trend in videogames that you have to be watchful all the time if you want to make progress and get all the stuff. I understand why companies want to make it a habit to play their game on a daily base and make it a part of peoples life. But i would realy like it way better if I could just do something else for a month and dont get the feeling i missed plenty of the new stuff that I wont get for a whole year or more if i dont play or watch something when developers tell me.

I cant help it, I´m a collector, dont abuse my nature :-P

Don't worry OP, it's pretty much just mastery fodder.

I saw a few videos on how good it was but they were all 5-6 forma builds, and if something takes that many forma to be good, exactly just how "good" was it in the first place?

realy nice to get all this feedback from other users who complain about my behavior. i do not understand this feedback section of the forum. i thought it was to let developers know what i would like better. but all i get is hate, guess its better not to write anything at all

"fomo based fanfiction is painfully transparent" did hurt and i dont feel like its true

and yes off course vacation with my family sucks, just like you implied Apoleon_amarr, thanks for that

1 minute ago, (PSN)Apoleon_amarr said:

Many weapons and warframes are below average without formas tho

But 6 of them?

you can normally tell after 1 or 2 if the weapon is any good.

Not to insult people who think the Athodai is amazing of course. I just didn't find it worth the effort.

7 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

But 6 of them?

you can normally tell after 1 or 2 if the weapon is any good.

Not to insult people who think the Athodai is amazing of course. I just didn't find it worth the effort.

Every specialized mminmax build uses from 3 to 6 forma in average, the only exception to the rule are melee because they are too broken in therms of dps, evem there you usually throw 3 (mostly Madurai or "v" as some... Er, "people" call it).

13 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami1337 said:

realy nice to get all this feedback from other users who complain about my behavior. i do not understand this feedback section of the forum. i thought it was to let developers know what i would like better. but all i get is hate, guess its better not to write anything at all

You have posted in the general trash heap that is also known as General Discussion not the feedback section

15 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami1337 said:

"fomo based fanfiction is painfully transparent" did hurt and i dont feel like its true

and yes off course vacation with my family sucks, just like you implied Apoleon_amarr, thanks for that

This cements the idea that general discussion needs a neon style sign on the page saying that this isn't the feedback section.

As for your issue just wait till it comes back, it will

1 hour ago, JohnnyTsunami1337 said:

Its just messed up to give out a Tennocon exclusive weapon on a date where tennocon wasn´t originaly planed. Would have been there, but at the time when they announced they switch dates I already had planed the whole familyvacation. And Tennocon happend to be during that time. For me it was a huge bummer to miss exclusiv stuff.

I realy dont like the trend in videogames that you have to be watchful all the time if you want to make progress and get all the stuff. I understand why companies want to make it a habit to play their game on a daily base and make it a part of peoples life. But i would realy like it way better if I could just do something else for a month and dont get the feeling i missed plenty of the new stuff that I wont get for a whole year or more if i dont play or watch something when developers tell me.

They gave it out twice. Come up with another excuse for your tirade. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb JohnnyTsunami1337:

I cant help it, I´m a collector, dont abuse my nature :-P

I never understood this.
You can never have everything in this game, you will always miss something, even if you have Excalibur/Lato/Skana Prime.

For example, there are still Profile scores, Profile Badges (like from the Kill Event), Phased Ankyros skin, Phased Tigris skin and Rubedo Plater Viper skin.

1 hour ago, Fl_3 said:

I saw a few videos on how good it was but they were all 5-6 forma builds, and if something takes that many forma to be good, exactly just how "good" was it in the first place?

that is not a reasonable method of comparison - since the status quo is all Mod Slots filled with the Mods that work for a piece of Equipment, that is what one should expect to do with it.

1 hour ago, JohnnyTsunami1337 said:

If you want to leave feedback to the developers GD is exactly not the place.

There's an entire feedback subforum for that.

I think you gotta accept this is a video game industry trend and just deal with it. 

As you stated, DE is far from the only company to do this. 

I'm not defending the practice per say, but it's a natural extension of one of the major problems with the video game industry in general right now, and until there are serious changes on both the consumer and developer side, we will continue to see developers make use of that kind of tactic to get us in game on demand. 

On the plus side, DE is still a little better than some, as if it is non-cosmetic, you can bet it will be back later sans the founders items of course, and even a lot of timed cosmetics return at some point if you are willing to pay for them. 

I know it sucks to miss something, I've been there, but there is so much to do in WF anyways. And if you are trying to reach MR30 I believe there is enough overflow even without founders items that you can miss a couple things now and still make it. 

Did you just get back from vacation or just took time to compose this complaint? 

Everywhere DE has said 

P.S Athodai will be back in the future, it is not exclusive to this event!

So like calm down it will come back in the future.  Only things in game that will remain exclusive forever are Excal Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime (also maybe that chinaframe excal umbra prime), everything else will be fair game eventually. 

1 hour ago, Fl_3 said:

Don't worry OP, it's pretty much just mastery fodder.

Mine has 3 forma and it needs ~30 bullets to kill 150 corrupted heavy gunner (trying to headshot it, it's not always "possible"). You could probably squeeze little more damage. You could probably go for speed instead of damage but I heard it depends on your FPS (and my pc isn't good).

And 2nd mode seems to put more status and I was able to kill faster using first mode... maybe, I haven't really tested it.

It's not mastery fodder but it has some limitations. If you cannot headshot kill enemies and/or don't have ammo then you won't be able to use it.

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

DE stated before the gun came out it would be Baro available at a later date. Your fomo based fanfiction is painfully transparent.

Its already been months. It could be more months or even years  or, it could even be one of those things DE says and just kinda forgets about. 

"It will come back eventually". 

Why do things need to be time limited like this to begin with? Who is benefitting from it not already being in the market? Why couldnt DE at least say "it will be available x amount of time early if you blah blah" that way they can still incentivise participation in *whatever* but we know when we'll have a chance to grab it again?

Athodai is in a list of several things that hardly ever appear. some people still need vanilla Snipetron and Machete too. glad I got those when I had the chance. IMO they should add all the limited weapons' to Baro's rotations: if he's not gonna have brand new mods/weapons etc every week, he could at least help newer players catch up on their MR and save them having to wait for and grind an event.

got my Athodai, it's a meh auto pistol with a gimmick alt-fire you're not missing out on much.

3 hours ago, Andy. said:

I never understood this.
You can never have everything in this game, you will always miss something, even if you have Excalibur/Lato/Skana Prime.

At the game's core, this is a big part of what Warframe is. Working to collect weapons, fill out the codex, and grab mastery for everything (no matter how small) is a HUGE part of what Warframe offers.

Engaging gameplay? in depth mechanics? A unique system? They can't even be bothered to fix over the dozens of issues of things being bugged on release (that have had up to 5 years to fix), what's left is grabbing every little thing that they come out with.

I used to spend a lot of time collecting everything as well, my intent was to keep the wiki updated and be able to go back and test mechanics for changes or bugs. I left because that one thing (collecting) just wasn't enough for me.

I know that's a bit of a tangent, but the point was that the whole idea of collecting stuff is a HUGE reason of why a lot of people play this game (it's pretty much the only thing the game offers anymore)

Archived