Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno npc's

celesari

I always enjoy fighting alongside Umbra. Now with the Necramech, that is  actually a solid option. Having Tenno npc's, for the rescue missions, on the social hubs (intractable) or as part of a quest, would be amazing. It would add a never had personality to the game. This can be seen in the isolation vaults, where the player guides Loid around. Compared to Eudico or Konzu, who only communicate with the player through "Video chat", while in a mission, Loid is out there with us.   Fighting alongside Tenno npc's would add something to the game that is yet missing. Adding this into a Quest would be fairly easy to do, because the with the spectres and umbra the foundation for it is already there.

I think the draw of the Tenno in the Lore is that... well... actually that's complicated.

I'm really disappointed in DE in one respect, but impressed with them in another.

The bit I'm impressed with is that every Tenno you ever interact with directly is another player. They're the avatars of real people, and I respect DE for that so far.

However what I'm disappointed in DE for is that we never canonically even see another Tenno outside of co-operative space.

Take The Second Dream as an example; we bring Lua back out of the Void and head to the Reservoir to wake up. We are the protagonist. But we are not the only Tenno. And that's never explained.

All it would take in the quest is some monologue lines from Ordis or Lotus, or both, that say things like 'Tenno, I'm picking up others, thousands of them, leaving the moon. They're all waking up!', or 'I'm glad you're safe, child, now I must go, there are more like you that need me.'

I can accept the fantasy that every player is supposed to be the one singled out for the actual quest or the attack by the Stalker, but I cannot accept the idea that not a single other Tenno is even acknowledged throughout the entirety of the quests we've been through.

Sooooo...

No, I don't think we should have Tenno NPCs in our Relays or in quests, because each Tenno is unique to the player and their personality, or lack of it, is defined by the player. But I do think the Tenno should be an actual faction, a force in this new era that is not only mentioned, but reacted to by the rest of the universe.

honestly, I'd rather not have more NPCs than is necessary. if you want to fight alongside other warframes that aren't players, drop a spectre. for me, they just get in the way. I suppose I do prefer the "lone warrior/chosen one" trope, but having the Tenno not appear anywhere else adds more to the mystery of them, makes them feel like something different more than just another faction like the Grineer or Corpus. I like the idea of the Tenno being an unseen, ominous thrreat that appears and disappears in an instant, where you knwo that , if they DO appear, it means shish is about to go down in the system.

Acording to Lore, The tenno is the last one of his species, so everyone is literally the last tenno in the whole system. 

The thing is, it's a multiplayer game, so thats why there are so many tennos.

When you begin the game the Lotus wakes you up because you were the last tenno and she didn't want the species to be completely extint. In Lua all the cryostasis chambers were destroyed, except the one we were in. 

2 hours ago, Galantys said:

Acording to Lore, The tenno is the last one of his species, so everyone is literally the last tenno in the whole system. 

The thing is, it's a multiplayer game, so thats why there are so many tennos.

When you begin the game the Lotus wakes you up because you were the last tenno and she didn't want the species to be completely extint. In Lua all the cryostasis chambers were destroyed, except the one we were in. 

Dude, even little duck says something like "Been seein' a lot of your kind since a certain incident with a blind girl and a Void Gate" or something among those lines. That line makes that comic canon and also states taht we aren't the "only tenno" or something like that. 

If that doesn't convinve you, let me remind you something: SCARLET SPEAR

Archived