Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a way to reroll a single stat in rivens

Redpaws

• 9 months later...
On 2020-12-07 at 1:58 AM, BahamutKaiser said:

Rivens were designed to reinvigorate and close the gap for underused weapons. Any suggestion for Rivens that isn't directly geared toward the intended effect is useless. 

And there you go, if that was the intended use then why is getting a usable roll almost impossible. simple answer: it was never the intent, the actual intent was making more money not that they would tell you that.

On 2020-11-29 at 1:38 PM, Voltage said:

This is a loaded Con. How about, "Invested players are disrespected with their time and/or money investment and devalues the uniqueness of a given Riven Mod.

Rivens are luxury. Rivens are also a system that really can't be "completed" like everything else in the game. Riven Mods should not just be readily accessible to achieve a good roll. That's kind of the point of where they sit now, and changing that would ruin the system like what has happened to Arcanes and Primed Chamber. Riven Mods remain the only real item to set your gear apart from other players. Leave them be in this aspect.

I've got almost 6000 hours played and over a hundred million kuva put into rivens for little to no reward. As an invested player I think it should change. the RNG of riven mods is an abominable sick joke that in and of itself is an insult. As for the riven market, people can get by just fine without gouging every last bit of plat out people. I agree with what happened with the arcane, prime chamber as well.

All in all as rivens are right now is beyond ridiculous and is in desperate need of change, especially when DE continually nerfs our riven dispositions just further insulting that said work.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

I've got almost 6000 hours played and over a hundred million kuva put into rivens for little to no reward. As an invested player I think it should change. the RNG of riven mods is an abominable sick joke that in and of itself is an insult. As for the riven market, people can get by just fine without gouging every last bit of plat out people. I agree with what happened with the arcane, prime chamber as well.

All in all as rivens are right now is beyond ridiculous and is in desperate need of change, especially when DE continually nerfs our riven dispositions just further insulting that said work.

I want Riven Mods changed as well, but I would not advocate for locking stats. Riven Mods are randomized mods and that's part of what makes them cool. The RNG is overtuned and some layers could be lessened. I totally agree there. However, significantly lowering the bar for players to roll perfect mods would oversaturate inventories (and by extension the market) and DE may as well remove Rivens for a "CC CD MS -neg" mod that you buy from a vendor. These mods are not necessary for the arsenal and the high end is entirely luxury. I compared them to Arcanes and Primed Chamber because those items were high end and their acquisition was overly simplified to the point where they are extremely available to players who did not really earn them in the sense of their previous acquisition. 

If you want to see my full perspective on Rivens, I made a long post that is of course buried like everything else:

Just now, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

That is not the point, the point is that the rng is so awful to the point where that happens. all you're doing is blaming the player for investing resources and time. that's quite sad honestly.

Thats part of the fun, it gives you something to do. Maybe try out some of the rivens instead of trying to get God like stats all the time.

21 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I want Riven Mods changed as well, but I would not advocate for locking stats. Riven Mods are randomized mods and that's part of what makes them cool. The RNG is overtuned and some layers could be lessened. I totally agree there. However, significantly lowering the bar for players to roll perfect mods would oversaturate inventories (and by extension the market) and DE may as well remove Rivens for a "CC CD MS -neg" mod that you buy from a vendor. These mods are not necessary for the arsenal and the high end is entirely luxury. I compared them to Arcanes and Primed Chamber because those items were high end and their acquisition was overly simplified to the point where they are extremely available to players who did not really earn them in the sense of their previous acquisition. 

If you want to see my full perspective on Rivens, I made a long post that is of course buried like everything else:

I Read your riven mod post and overall I agree with a good bit of it however the thought of fusing all riven categories into into one veiled riven would serve to dilute your chances at getting the weapon you want and the trade tax i disagree with as well. I've never thought trade tax outside of the bazaar and dojo tax really belonged in game it always felt silly.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Thats part of the fun, it gives you something to do. Maybe try out some of the rivens instead of trying to get God like stats all the time.

God-like stats i wish i could get something that didn't cripple my weapon more than a few times. My current riven i've been rolling has been cycling between -crit chance, -damage, -multishot, and -crit damage for the last 100 rolls.

It's for a non-meta weapon that actually needs a riven to be able to handle high level content. the riven system doesn't seem to want to let me have my paracyst steel path worthy.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

God-like stats i wish i could get something that didn't cripple my weapon more than a few times. My current riven i've been rolling has been cycling between -crit chance, -damage, -multishot, and -crit damage for the last 100 rolls.

I'm going to doubt that. 100 rolls and you get that everything? Something doesn't sound right about that. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

And there you go, if that was the intended use then why is getting a usable roll almost impossible. simple answer: it was never the intent, the actual intent was making more money not that they would tell you that.

9 Months later and you come out Swinging !!! 😲 

On 2020-11-29 at 10:08 AM, Redpaws said:

As the title says, add a way to refine rivens you own.

Imagine you get an almost great roll on a riven, but really wish that one stat was different, or the negative ruins it, and there was some way to just reroll that one stat, instead of having to reroll the whole riven. It'd make getting 'god rolls' so much easier, as you'd be able to refine a decent roll into a great one. However, you wouldn't be able to change how many boons it gives, or if it has a curse or not. So you wouldn't be able to add a curse to a riven that has 3 boons and no curse, or add a third boon to a riven with two boons and a curse without rerolling the whole riven the current way.

For the cost... I'd suggest slightly increasing the kuva cost, and adding an additional cost of riven slivers.
For example, it could cost 500 more kuva (so 4000 max, could also just straight up be doubled, so 7000 max) and 2-3 riven slivers per roll. This would give riven slivers a secondary use. Numbers can obviously be tweaked, but I think it'd be very fitting to use riven slivers. As an added restriction, it could be limited to one reroll per day from Palladino (reset with daily).

Pros:
Much easier to get the 'dream riven' you want, as you'd be able to actually work towards it as a long-term goal with the ability to refine rivens, instead of relying on pure RNG
Lower 'god roll' riven prices
Added use for slivers

Cons:
Lower 'god roll' riven prices (though prices for rivens with the right stats and high rolls on those stats will offer a new 'high end' market)
Entitled people very likely to be upset over drop of their god rolled rivens value (as in platinum value, stat-wise it'd remain the same) regardless if they had any intention of selling it to begin with
Potential coding issues

The third con is the biggest one, as I'm not sure if it'd even be possible to code. But assuming it is possible, I thought it's an interesting idea. Just to make riven rolling a little bit more controllable.
Thoughts?

Edit:
Looked up how many possible riven combinations there are, and there's 40 756 possible combinations. Or 0.00245% for a specific combination. It is wholly unreasonable to try to get the exact roll you want without buying it, even if what you want has some flexibility in it. Being able to reroll a single stat would give you a 1 in 20-22 chance to roll a specific buff, and 1 in 15-18 to roll a specific curse, and unless you get lucky with the initial rolling, you're very likely to have to reroll more than one stat. Keep in mind that the stat range is also randomized, which would drive the 'high end riven market' more towards rolling high stats, as the desired stat combo would be far more reasonable to achieve.

0.00245% chance of getting the exactly stats you want is why god tier Rivens are valuable. Just farm your Kuva or buy your Platinum to get the Rivens and stats you want over time. Riven system is fair for everyone, and no one takes shortcuts. 

Necro aside (I just appreciate the discussion coming up again), this is still a really annoying issue. Have rerolled a single riven 230 times now and still don't have the stats I want, and there's no one selling it with the stats I want either, cause the stats are 'off-meta'. This is with my desired stats not being super exact either.

The worst thing is, I've still made zero progress to getting the riven roll I want, since it doesn't matter if you've rerolled a riven 10 times or 10 000 times prior. The odds of getting what you want never changes for each individual roll, and there's no way to mitigate it at all in any way, shape or form.

Archived