Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarizing exilus slot for weapons shouldn't require an adapter first

PhoenixElite

Title. Currently, you NEED to use an exilus adapter to forma the exilus slot. I don't want to add a 6th freakin' V polarity when instead, I could use that forma to change the exilus slot's V polarity (V polarity exilus slot is garbage idea, btw) into an actually useful - polarity in case I ever feel like using an adapter.

That's wack.

Remove that exilus adapter prerequisite.

9 minutes ago, PhoenixElite said:

Remove that exilus adapter prerequisite.

I think it makes perfect sense to have this requirement. If you’re not going to open the slot and use it why Forma it?

Why do you have to put the extra Forma in? If it’s for levels then you can put a blank polarity.

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I think it makes perfect sense to have this requirement. If you’re not going to open the slot and use it why Forma it?

Why do you have to put the extra Forma in? If it’s for levels then you can put a blank polarity.

Because maybe I don't have the exilus adapter for it, or that I just don't feel like wasting an exilus adapter on it just to be able to forma the slot.

I don't see any reason why this requirement SHOULD be there. This idea doesn't negatively impact or harm absolutely anyone. The option is there if you want it, nothing more.

40 minutes ago, PhoenixElite said:

Because maybe I don't have the exilus adapter for it, or that I just don't feel like wasting an exilus adapter on it just to be able to forma the slot.

I don't see any reason why this requirement SHOULD be there. This idea doesn't negatively impact or harm absolutely anyone. The option is there if you want it, nothing more.

By your logic, we shouldn't have to use an exilus adapter on our frames' either.

Why do you want to burn a forma on a slot you can't yet and may never access, exactly?  I can think of a few reasons, but none of them are -great- reasons.  What's yours?

2 hours ago, PhoenixElite said:

This idea doesn't negatively impact or harm absolutely anyone. The option is there if you want it, nothing more.

Technically true, although I'd point out that "doing no harm" is not justification for implementing a feature.   There's a cost involved, and another feature pushed further back in the pipeline.  And every time something is implemented there's the risk of collateral issues.  So it should do some demonstrable good and move the game along.

An example of a collateral issue would be somebody accidentally forma-ing a locked weapon exilus slot, and saying, "What kind of sense does it make that the game even allows you to forma a slot you haven't unlocked yet?   LOL DE, out of the thousands things you could have worked on, you did this !?!"

That person would have a point. 😉

Archived