Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

im stumped....

Xenosaint

Question

sooooooo here is what im dealing with every time i unfocus warframe or minimize it  it crashes event viewer showed nothing wrong ram is fine power supply is ok  hard drive is good  and i have not updated any drivers as of 2020 even when im logged in and just open a new page over warframe with in mins it crashes with no rime or reason any ideas on what i can do to stop this from happening?

7 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, Xenosaint said:

its always running in window mode i rarly ever have anything in fullscreen and i have steam overlay disabled due to it also crashing warframe  but ty for input ;-;

If both Steam overlay and switching focus are causing crashes, then maybe you should update your drivers. Warframe has had some updates over the last year that might be conflicting with old drivers.

Also, which version of DirectX do you have Warframe running in? You can choose which version in the launcher. I would recommend DX11 if it is available on your system. DX12 support just came out, but it's still a bit buggy and unstable.

19 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If both Steam overlay and switching focus are causing crashes, then maybe you should update your drivers. Warframe has had some updates over the last year that might be conflicting with old drivers.

Also, which version of DirectX do you have Warframe running in? You can choose which version in the launcher. I would recommend DX11 if it is available on your system. DX12 support just came out, but it's still a bit buggy and unstable.

i have directX 12 ill recheck to see if theres any drivers i have that got an update

i finally figured out why warframe was crashing windows was trying to put it in suspended mode when ever it was not in focus tho i still sometimes crash when ever im in a loading screen and alt tab  out ....  but ty all for the input <3

Archived