Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LF Mentor on PlayStation

(PSN)Jambi33

Question

Just started playing warframe and I'm a bit overwhelmed honestly. Just looking for someone I can message with general questions. I was working to build the archwing and was able to find all materials, only to learn that I need access to a clan in order to get the proper segment for my foundry. Not even sure where to start when it comes to Clans and what to look for. Any help would be appreciated!

3 answers to this question

Having started 3 months ago, playing solo exclusively and currently doing endgame content, here are some suggestions:

1. Go to the Wiki and search for everything there.  Seriously.  Try to avoid Quest pages the first time around to avoid spoilers, but it really does have all you need to know and will save you a TON of time.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

2. The Clan System is basically a giant "base building sim" designed to suck up your resources (especially Forma).  If you just want to get the Blueprints, then consider joining an established clan -- you see recruitment messages on the recruit chat every now and then.  Chat them up and see if you like their playstyle.
Creating your own 1-person clan is also very doable, just more time consuming.  And to be honest, as long as you keep opening relics and building the Forma blueprints, you will have a steady supply of Forma sooner or later.

3. If you just started, do not worry about the Archwing Launcher Segment.  While eventually it is quite necessary to quickly traverse the Free Roam areas, you can get another mode of quick transportation on the Venus' Fortuna much earlier on (K-Drives).  Also, the enemies in the Free Roam areas will be WAY too hard for you if you are just starting.  Best focus on the Star Chart until you get to at least Uranus/Neptune.

4. I cannot play with you because I'm on the PC, but feel free to PM me if you have questions, or better yet, just leave a question here and people will help!

just as the wonderful gentleman above me, i play on pc so i can't help you out with direct messages.
but here's what i always advise new players to do:

1. work towards opening your starchart. that means playing the blue nodes, and open the path to next planets.
  2. whenever you need to be stronger, open your equipments and put on some mods. don't auto-equip even the game encourage you to do so. just try to read through each mod's descriptions and equip the ones that you think sounds good.
  3. when you're bored playing blue nodes or already hit a wall, open up menu and see "quests". click on one to activate a quest. now you can open your map and look for the tabs in top-right to start the missions for that quest.
  4. google everything. you need to find an item? google it. you don't know how to beat an enemy? google it. you're stuck in a quest? google it.
     google will be your friend as long as you're playing warframe. good luck, tenno!
9 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Having started 3 months ago, playing solo exclusively and currently doing endgame content, here are some suggestions:

1. Go to the Wiki and search for everything there.  Seriously.  Try to avoid Quest pages the first time around to avoid spoilers, but it really does have all you need to know and will save you a TON of time.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

2. The Clan System is basically a giant "base building sim" designed to suck up your resources (especially Forma).  If you just want to get the Blueprints, then consider joining an established clan -- you see recruitment messages on the recruit chat every now and then.  Chat them up and see if you like their playstyle.
Creating your own 1-person clan is also very doable, just more time consuming.  And to be honest, as long as you keep opening relics and building the Forma blueprints, you will have a steady supply of Forma sooner or later.

3. If you just started, do not worry about the Archwing Launcher Segment.  While eventually it is quite necessary to quickly traverse the Free Roam areas, you can get another mode of quick transportation on the Venus' Fortuna much earlier on (K-Drives).  Also, the enemies in the Free Roam areas will be WAY too hard for you if you are just starting.  Best focus on the Star Chart until you get to at least Uranus/Neptune.

4. I cannot play with you because I'm on the PC, but feel free to PM me if you have questions, or better yet, just leave a question here and people will help!

those are great tips, my friend! but i don't know why you mention clan and archwing -let alone the launcher, to a new player. most newbies i know probably wants to quit when they first time see the navigation system 🤣 still appreciate your suggestion, though

The AW Launcher segment from Dojo allows you to summon your archwing in open world maps.   It is NOT needed to use your archwing in normal AW nodes.  Your archwing will do normal archwing stuff just fine without it.  

As far as finding a clan... depends on what kind of player/person you are.   If your social then talk alot...  If your focused on progress then find a teacher.  If your anti-social make your own clan.  Know what will make you happy and then you should be able to find a good home.  

Theres a whole channel devoted to answering newbie questions in-game, Q&A tab.  Tons of helpful people there.   

If you see Abbandon_ you can always ask me stuff.  

Archived