Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission types fellow Registered Losers dislike?

haloemma09

5 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Kuva Fortress Rescue. Takes me a while to find a way in. Too much of a while.

4 hours ago, haloemma09 said:

Lots of warranted Kuva Fortress dislike. As I said in another reply to someone else, there needs to be more to do there... And a revamp of the tileset. It's a shame because I really like the style of the Kuva Fortress. 

The Kuva Fortress is a mixed bag of good and bad. For one, the tile is a bit messy like the Infested Ship but on the other hand, you're invading the Twin Queens' fortress home. The Fortress distinguishes itself from the other tiles: hostile and confusing to the enemies as if the Queens themselves are playing with you. 

As for Kuva Fortress Rescue or Spy, many are unaware of the shortcuts that exists due to either trying to rush the mission and/or not exploring the tile thoroughly. It's hard to appreciate the visual aspects of the game as a whole if players keep on rushing to the objectives singlemindedly.

Defense and Defection

Defense is a worse and slower version of Survival. If it wasn't for the meso relics in Jupiter Defense I would never bother with it

No disrespect to the Kavor, but they stopped being interesting as soon as the event ended, and now Defection just sorta sits there being boring

I mostly play solo, so a lot of the reason I dislike some missions is because of low spawn rates. This is an issue mostly on survival and excavation. I've gone a full minute without seeing an enemy on those two. They need their spawn rate increased badly. At least a toggle to increase the spawns?

I also dislike disruption because my hearing isn't the best with some hearing loss and chronic tinnitus. Finding the demolists can be a bit of an issue. I know I can mod for a really large radar to help find them but I tried and it didn't really help me much. Memorizing the map and their "likely spawn points" is how I've been doing it, (And it has been working pretty well!) but I wish it was a bit easier.

I hate defence 100%. Mobile defence is fine rewards are just crap.

problem with defence is you have to kill every mob. It’s boring. You get stuck with an aoe kill frame it’s faster but you have nothing to do. If every one is just a weapon buff type then it’s more fun but wayyy longer.

mobile defence does not have this. You hold out for x time and you move on changing location. Any frame works and it goes the same speed no matter what. It’s a well built mode it just needs an ABC drop table for each defence. Could even be made into a new endless with new objectives popping up or reusing ones you have done.

8 hours ago, Raso719 said:

I actually really like Disruption. I really enjoy the enemy density with a full squad. I just wish there was something more than an audio cue to help you locate the demo unit.... I don't always have the luxury of cranking up my volume. 

Its almost unplayable if you're hearing impaired (certainly much more difficult) 

9 hours ago, haloemma09 said:

Hi everyone!

Was talking to my fellow Tenno today about what mission types they disliked the most in the game.

I was curious to see what mission types people dislike in the community.

Get bored waiting for that timer to tick down in Mobile Defense? Have you got a speedrun record for Capture missions? Are you the one wanting to be saved from a Rescue? Drop a reply and let me know (Bounty missions included)! If you're feeling ambitious let me know what changes you'd like for the mission to make it more fun.

I'm in the hate timed missions camp (mobile defense, defense etc) :)

Endless mission? Defense

Non-endless? Most boss fights, my most hated are Ambulas, Ropalolyst, Vay Hek's little basterd form, etc.

Defection, I still can't believe we are even getting some of these on Incursions...

Last but not least, the Arcane bounties overall where a next level of boring "go here and there back and forth" galore. They actually managed to amass all of the bad mission types in one bounty.

Most missions are ok, if you have the right frames to cheese them. For me it often comes down to the map.

Case in,point I actively avoid the new Corpus defence map. The mob pathing issue plus that map are ragequit inducing.

Aside from that, some bounty requirements (glares at liberation requirements) put me off doing bounties entirely. At least on Deimos you only have a small area to manage, whereas cetus it covers three time zones and can be under/above gtound to boot.

6 hours ago, Nakti said:

With same reason I slightly disliked Scarlet Spear: we had to deal with swarm of enemies who once were minibosses. It's like if we had a mission where we had to kill multiple copies of every assassination target from starchart. (Actually, it sound's quite interesting). That's why I actively participated only in space part because it could be dealt without having incanely high dps. (I'm a newly registered loser so I still haven't reached the damage peak yet :D). DE also bugged the space part: railjack enemies had same level as ground enemies, while their scaling is much more steep.

I don't like assassinations with keys or tokens. Tokens have to be collected (sometimes it takes long), and that's all - for a chance of necessary drop. When I was getting Saryn and Chroma a year ago, I had more than 10 neuroptics and chassises each before I got two systems.

Hi, Nakti

Interesting to hear about Scarlet Spear as I skipped that event completely. Thanks for the insight!

I agree on the assassinations that require tokens, especially tokens that you can only get during certain events like the Fissures on Vallis. I think you need to use the stuff you get from that to fight Exploiter, and that seems so broken to me, that you can't fight one of the bosses that will help you rank up with one of the venders in Vallis unless you did an event you might not have participated in.

This applies to most assassination targets where you need to farm just to fight a boss and I dislike it. 

(Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about the Exploiter Orb spawn because I've only fought that thing three times or so).

Thanks for the reply, interesting read!

6 hours ago, Duality52 said:

The Kuva Fortress is a mixed bag of good and bad. For one, the tile is a bit messy like the Infested Ship but on the other hand, you're invading the Twin Queens' fortress home. The Fortress distinguishes itself from the other tiles: hostile and confusing to the enemies as if the Queens themselves are playing with you. 

As for Kuva Fortress Rescue or Spy, many are unaware of the shortcuts that exists due to either trying to rush the mission and/or not exploring the tile thoroughly. It's hard to appreciate the visual aspects of the game as a whole if players keep on rushing to the objectives singlemindedly.

This is a good point. But at the same time I feel like the game encourages rushing through most tilesets in the game in the name of farming and grinding. Most players want to get the mission done as fast as possible for Grofit, and sightseeing is kind of left in the dust (even if you mention that it would be more beneficial for players to learn the layout of the tileset).

Thanks for your reply! I feel like it goes against a majority of the opinions here regarding the Kuva Fortress tileset - Interesting to read another point of view. :)

Defense. They should just mix it up with mobile defense by having the objective move around from one tileset to another. As it stands now, its nothing but a macro spam of abilities  and extremely dull to play in Coop.

Defection just needs improvements to its AI pathing. Though this might be fixed in the upcoming DTLS protocol for warframe's networking, so I'll hold off the opinion for now.

Survival missions needs changes. I'm not a fan of camping in a corner and letting some Khora spam strangledome in a claustrophobic room. Pretty much always play solo because of this. Just make it so that the enemies will lockdown the room your are in if they see that you are camping in it. Logically speaking, they cut off life support to get you out from the ship, but instead you are camping in a room. Instead of going in a suicide mission and walking into their trap, the logical thing to do is to trap the tenno in the room and locking them in so that they can't get life support.

What surivival is now makes sense in infested bases. Not so much on other factions.

I'm not a fan of disruption.

I don't do meta builds. I play for fun. So a lot of my weapons aren't the best in the game. Disruption basically requires you to have max DPS so you can kill the demolysts as fast as possible and its annoying chasing one of those guys hammering them with everything you have and not doing a dent.

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

Defection just needs improvements to its AI pathing. Though this might be fixed in the upcoming DTLS protocol for warframe's networking, so I'll hold off the opinion for now.

Networking has nothing to do with AI pathing, the network only tells the client what the host computer has calculated where the AI will go and replicates it on the client's screen.

Mobile defense probably need a rework or be merged with something else. Maybe if we could defend more than one to speed up the process it could be ok, the idea of an endless MD could be nice too, a bit that's like excavations or a kuva survivals.  Defection, well i forgot it existed, bounties are a mixed bag.

The only one i truly dislike is the corpus ship defense. That map is ok as an interception but as defense it's probably the worst map out there. Whenever i see it in fissures or sorties i skip it. I wish they kept the old one. The Uranus defense / interception map is also one i avoid.

So to answer the question that would be mob def, defection, bounties since i don't actively play them, but when i do i don't hate them, i just find them boring.The ones i dislike are more because of the maps than the type of mission itself.

My favorite would be disruption / defense and in non endless spy  (and hive/sabotage if the reward were better, i like finding the caches). And previously excavation before they made change to them.

36 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Networking has nothing to do with AI pathing, the network only tells the client what the host computer has calculated where the AI will go and replicates it on the client's screen.

Networking can cause an effect by providing incorrect data than one the function expects to receive.

If you are a client that tells a Kavor to start moving, but the update packet itself, which is supposed to tell the host player's PC to "Hey, one of your clients has told a Kavor to move, so start the pathing algorithm." is malformed/dropped along the way, then the Kavor will not move when the client requested it.

Lets say there is another packet which tells the host that a kavor is moving, ie, used to spawn the red veil enemies. If this packet is sent by a client, and if THIS packet goes through, but not the first one, then you can have a situation where the host himself cannot move a still Kavor because it received a packet from a client that it is moving. ie, the game thinks that a standing still Kavor is in a "moving state".

I am not DE. So I don't know what packets are involved and which could cause problems. But a function receiving a malformed (not dropped, malformed) data will cause problems to the algorithm which otherwise might have worked fine.

I had cases where Kavors won't move. If you want to bring the case on Kavor getting stuck on railings then yes, that may be a problem with the algorithm. But again, you don't know. Neither do I. Whether they tell clients to replicate where to go by the host, or are they actually just copying exact position coordinates to mimic the host's kavors, none of us have seen DE's own code and what variables they use describe pathing.

Whichever one DE forces me to grind for an undetermined amount of time till they give me what I'm seeking. Followed by whichever one is rewarding disproportionately less in comparison to time and effort. 

As for some of the difficulties listed by others, Banshee can easily control Interception alone with her augment, if it's Steel Path, use high range Vauban.

Disruption can be easily beaten by many execution frames, finishers will pin most Demolishers, frames like Banshee with another augment or Ash, or Excalibur can boost finisher damage, otherwise frames like Nehza can dramatically increase damage on a single target and wreck them. The Bronco Augment can also force finisher access too. 

Speedva can make defense faster, if it's a lower level unarmored faction than Banshee can just blast the tile.

Hijack can be trivialize by Mag or Volt Augment. 

Spy can be trivialize, Limbo for Corpus, Loki for Grineer, Ivara for any. There's a few other options for invisibility and teleportation, but you'll need a combination of intangiblility or invisibility or teleportation based on the vault. You'll actually have to practice with a guide for Uranus, Lua and Kuva Fortress, but most are easy if you study them. Just don't bother with Lua unless there's an auxiliary objective, Limbo makes it easier. 

Just about all content can be trivialize with a dedicated build, if your trying to shove a Rhino peg into a Nova shaped hole though, well... its not hard, that's your head. 

Waiting .... erm I mean defense, every new tile revamp seems to make the defense missions on that tile have spawn points even further away, so far even Speeva cant reach them in some cases. Defection would be up there too if I hadn't forgotten it existed.

Archived