Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just a fun thought regarding Duviri Paradox if it ever comes

Formous

3 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Have you ever noticed the little floating words over a character? Those are the names of the Tenno around you. Each unique. They're also visible in the communication system. 

If you pay attention long enough, you'll notice that they change as some come online and go offline. If you really wanted to you could count the number of unique names over the course of a few years. 

If you want to get a quick start, hop into a relay and try counting the names of the Tenno on the memorials. They were some of the Founders. Each one a Tenno. 

Btw, spoiler, a while ago we found out that Warframes ≠ Tenno. So the stories about the warframes ≠ stories about Tenno. 

By your logic all bosses in warframe are immortal and Alad V exists in at least three different forms concurrently. Also I know warframes don't equal tenno but all that point that out does is reduce the number of tenno needed for all the stories to 2 since gauss and grendel have been seen together at the same time. I have obviously failed to make my point in a manner you are able to understand.

7 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

By your logic all bosses in warframe are immortal and Alad V exists in at least three different forms concurrently. Also I know warframes don't equal tenno but all that point that out does is reduce the number of tenno needed for all the stories to 2 since gauss and grendel have been seen together at the same time. I have obviously failed to make my point in a manner you are able to understand.

Well they do seem to be particularly hard to keep dead, don't they? 

And no, you're still wrong, Ivara's story had more than two. 

And I'm afraid that your entire point is "we don't know how many there were", which pretty much means "it could realistically be any positive, non-zero integer", which is a category the number "tens of millions" easily falls into. Cool huh? 

1 minute ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Well they do seem to be particularly hard to keep dead, don't they? 

And no, you're still wrong, Ivara's story had more than two. 

And I'm afraid that your entire point is "we don't know how many there were", which pretty much means "it could realistically be any positive, non-zero integer", which is a category the number "tens of millions" easily falls into. Cool huh? 

Not quiet my point is we don't know how many there were but context clues seem to indicate a low number. I forgot about Ivara so what does that make it 4 confirmed tenno? well plus rell and at least two more for erra for a grand total of 7? So we know that there were at least 7 and no more that the best of the best Dax so maybe the top 1% of Dax but since we don't know how many Dax there were it doesn't get us very far.

2 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

Not quiet my point is we don't know how many there were but context clues seem to indicate a low number. I forgot about Ivara so what does that make it 4 confirmed tenno? well plus rell and at least two more for erra for a grand total of 7? So we know that there were at least 7 and no more that the best of the best Dax so maybe the top 1% of Dax but since we don't know how many Dax there were it doesn't get us very far.

Not at all, the context clues you cite are no stronger than the ones I have cited. Each of us a Tenno, 50 million of us, so minimum 50 million Tenno. I'm citing something definite, you're still guessing at how many you personally know about. 

And since we often build warframes and other gear from blueprints or parts, it's not an issue with how many the Orokin created, just a matter of how many have been built since. There are certainly enough to go around. 

Let me know when you are done counting the unique names. 😉

7 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Not at all, the context clues you cite are no stronger than the ones I have cited. Each of us a Tenno, 50 million of us, so minimum 50 million Tenno. I'm citing something definite, you're still guessing at how many you personally know about. 

And since we often build warframes and other gear from blueprints or parts, it's not an issue with how many the Orokin created, just a matter of how many have been built since. There are certainly enough to go around. 

You haven't cited any context clues and now your conflating tenno with warframes there's no indication in the games lore that any more tenno were created by freak accident after the Zariman. I don't think we're going to agree on this it will be interesting to see if the Duviri paradox provides any information either way. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

First of all if 50 million tenno exists in solar system it's just a bs story. If we look it technically;

What happens if I delete my account? 

What happens if I create several accounts?

What happens if several people use same exact appearance?

How long it would take to talk Konzu 50million times one by one just once? 

How everyone has Lotus' helmet in their orbiter?

What happens if everyone creates a clan?

How is it possible to be in exact same mission against exact same unique boss at the same time?

9 hours ago, rushari said:

First of all if 50 million tenno exists in solar system it's just a bs story. If we look it technically;

What happens if I delete my account? 

What happens if I create several accounts?

What happens if several people use same exact appearance?

How long it would take to talk Konzu 50million times one by one just once? 

How everyone has Lotus' helmet in their orbiter?

What happens if everyone creates a clan?

How is it possible to be in exact same mission against exact same unique boss at the same time?

In order:

Can you delete your account? 🤨

Each account is awoken as a unique Tenno. That's why most of us have to try a few times to get a name to give ourselves and we can't just use the same one. 

Using the same appearance ≠ being the same person. If you look just above your doppelganger you might find the magical floating letters indicate something different. Just saying. 

How long do people live in the warframe universe? We know that several characters are ridiculously old, having been alive in Orokin times. So it's a question of "how relevant is time?"

Each one of us is the main protagonist in our own story, so we each have the helmet, but there is also only one. Cool paradox huh? 

There'd be a lot of clans that are pretty empty. 🤷‍♂️

Just like the helmet paradox, in our own story, we are the Tenno who is our version of "the chosen one" trope. You're the only one doing all the heavy lifting moving the story forward, and the rest of us are just along for the ride and helping you out as needed. But that also applies to each and every other Tenno. 

10 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

You haven't cited any context clues and now your conflating tenno with warframes there's no indication in the games lore that any more tenno were created by freak accident after the Zariman. I don't think we're going to agree on this it will be interesting to see if the Duviri paradox provides any information either way. 

How far have you gotten in the counting of the names? I've always wondered how many of the Grandmaster tier founders there were. 

Archived