Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loid As Deimos Mission Control

(PSN)goose36963

With the Orokin Derelict nodes now being used for Deimos, it would be nice to see Mother and/or Loid be mission control for all of Deimos. Keep the same lines that Lotus uses but with Mother/Loid saying them. Yes, I understand that extra work is needed with the VOs but it would make Deimos feel more unique imo.

I mean, I figured that the reason they used existing employees for voices rather than getting external talent was not just because it's cheaper, but because they can at any time just say "Hey!  [employee]!  We need some more lines for [character]!"  "Okay!  Go ahead and schedule some time in the recording studio!"  So really I don't see why not.  Honestly I feel like they should have made more lines for Ordis replacing Lotus.

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

I did a bunch of Iso Vaults too, never got sick of them.

Maybe I'm wierd.

I don't think it's weird. I really like them as characters and as mission control. We may be a minority but I'd love to see more of them.

I think I know why; it's because the Cambion Drift and finding the Necralisk is part of the Heart of Deimos quest. You need to play at least some of Deimos before you get there, similar to Earth and Venus requiring a couple of nodes to be done first.

If you had them talking to you before you did the quest... that would be particularly weird when you get there and they're just... incredibly unfamiliar with who you are and won't even speak to you until you 'prove yourself'.

Spoilers below

I also feel it would fit a bit more since, according to in-game lore, Deimos just reentered Martian orbit from the Void because of how bad it's gotten and Lotus/Fake Lotus may not have complete knowledge of Lephantis (We don't exactly know when Deimos entered the Void relative to when Natah was captured and became the Lotus).

The only out of place element is the Emissary since that had to do with Arlo and Eris derelicts threatening the system. Having a boss associated with a recent in universe event  (Nightwave Series 2) be placed on a map that didn't exist at the time said event was happening is just weird to me.

25 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I think I know why; it's because the Cambion Drift and finding the Necralisk is part of the Heart of Deimos quest. You need to play at least some of Deimos before you get there, similar to Earth and Venus requiring a couple of nodes to be done first.

If you had them talking to you before you did the quest... that would be particularly weird when you get there and they're just... incredibly unfamiliar with who you are and won't even speak to you until you 'prove yourself'.

Do you have to do a node on Deimos before reaching the Necralisk? I had the start chart finished so Cambion Drift was available to me immediately and I've never paid attention to the layout of the nodes. Hmm, perhaps if you complete Heart of Deimos then it could switch over, or the entire HoD quest could include unlocking the rest of the nodes once you meet the Entrati. That would make the quest quite long but would make it possible to get directives from Loid for the rest of the map.

1 minute ago, (PSN)goose36963 said:

Do you have to do a node on Deimos before reaching the Necralisk? I had the start chart finished so Cambion Drift was available to me immediately and I've never paid attention to the layout of the nodes. Hmm, perhaps if you complete Heart of Deimos then it could switch over, or maybe give you the option.

Yes, Horend and Phlegyas, capture and exterminate respectively.

Beyond that, I know the 'rule of cool' applies to the concept, but it does seem a lot of effort for... not a lot of cool. We've gotten used to ignoring the in-game transmissions already, adding more for only about 8 nodes on the Star Chart is a lot of effort for little reward, and incredibly short-lived reward as everyone will go back to ignoring them in a few weeks after they first get there.

1 minute ago, (PSN)goose36963 said:

Spoilers below

I also feel it would fit a bit more since, according to in-game lore, Deimos just reentered Martian orbit from the Void because of how bad it's gotten and Lotus/Fake Lotus may not have complete knowledge of Lephantis (We don't exactly know when Deimos entered the Void relative to when Natah was captured and became the Lotus).

The only out of place element is the Emissary since that had to do with Arlo and Eris derelicts threatening the system. Having a boss associated with a recent in universe event  (Nightwave Series 2) be placed on a map that didn't exist at the time said event was happening is just weird to me.

I just assume that the derelict collided with Deimos when it phased back out of the void and it has nothing to do with a lazy asset swap.

I'm all for giving Loid a more prominent role in things, but I can't see it happening. We've been asking for an option to swap the voice of Natah out of the game for some other narrator (Ordis would be good as he already does a couple of missions) ever since she abandoned us.

I get the feeling that we have to keep Lotus ready for when they force us to accept her back into the role of our mentor at the end of The New War when it finally arrives.

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

We've gotten used to ignoring the in-game transmissions already, adding more for only about 8 nodes on the Star Chart is a lot of effort for little reward, and incredibly short-lived reward as everyone will go back to ignoring them in a few weeks after they first get there.

I suppose this is true but at least first timers could have a unique experience. After playing for years with Glitch Lotus, I'm honestly not sure what to think when we finally move past New War and whatever changes that will bring.

2 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

I get the feeling that we have to keep Lotus ready for when they force us to accept her back into the role of our mentor at the end of The New War when it finally arrive

I'm honestly getting the idea that Lotus/Natah will "die" and Margulis will be all that's left at the end of The New War. Considering the Lotus is just dreams and memories of Margulis from the tenno overlaid on Natah. Having the Lotus come back just as she was means nothing was gained in the end. The tenno will just be children that can never move past the need for a helicopter mom even though the operator has stated they hate being called a child.

2 hours ago, (PSN)goose36963 said:

I'm honestly getting the idea that Lotus/Natah will "die" and Margulis will be all that's left at the end of The New War. Considering the Lotus is just dreams and memories of Margulis from the tenno overlaid on Natah. Having the Lotus come back just as she was means nothing was gained in the end. The tenno will just be children that can never move past the need for a helicopter mom even though the operator has stated they hate being called a child.

A "reborn" Margulis is an amazing idea, but what would it change in the character? Margulis was executed, and one of the reasons for this was her refusal to accept the Tenno being turned into soldiers.

Wouldn't she be just as protective of the Tenno as Lotus? More so maybe as Lotus was programmed to send us into battle and Margulis would still have her original anti-war ideals?

Archived