Hydroid Build

(XBOX)ExtraThicLad

I'm trying to make Hydroid actually playable in mid to high level endurance missions, and I'd like some feedback on my build. (I'm using the website Overframe for this, It's pretty neat you should check it out.) And yes I know it's probably not even worth it. I'm calling the build Leviathan.

Hydroid: https://overframe.gg/build/108813/

Kuva Kohm: https://overframe.gg/build/108819/

Kuva Brakk: https://overframe.gg/build/108824/

Vitrica: https://overframe.gg/build/108826/

Djinn: https://overframe.gg/build/108830/

I tank my absolute Pete of a Hydroid Prime (yeah, Pete, not Chad). Primed mods, Melee only. Forma'd once cuz I'm still learning it.

The abilities are nice for gangs at intersections, no real special weapon, a gilded saw Scythe I called Wotan's Eye.

Still use pilfering swarm on him, but he's a complete beast of a man...frame.

if you actuallly want to make hydroid work at any reliability in high level endurance , all you need is a dokrahm zaw with rank 3 exodia hunt and just spam any quick/light melee move that can spawn tentacles from hydroid's passive , possibly dropping a sanguine eximus will highly inrease your survivability ,  with that setup you dont even need to use dydroid's abilities cuz DE made 3 and 4 de-synergize and other abilites to actually suck , dont even bother trying to use your 2 for gathering enemies to a wall like some guys do thats a waste of time and kills your life support , this playstyle is boring yes yes just like any strategy that utilizes melee lets be real its dumb but only way to play hydroid at high levels , you wont be dropping bodies like crazy like khora does and loot at the same time but hey , thats the prize you pay for having a weird bond with hydroid 🙃 

Hopefully this was helpful and if you have questions you can ask ofc , btw i tried most of the things myself with hydroid for endurance , all the aoe primaries with min-range for his ult and lost and lots of testing but nothing comes close to that numb strat (btw you can use kuva nukor with condition overload for more damage or just zaw itself only with primed pressure point difference is there but not too huge)  , if you want you can subsume valkyr's warcry with her augment because hydroid can actually utilize off of the base armor math on that and also speeds up your zaw thus life support .

1 hour ago, (XBOX)LilDoctorWhoBoi said:

That's interesting, I actually really want to try that now.

37 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Same here. I never considered this interaction... Hmmmmm

If you two are going to try this I suggest the Tempo Royale stance. 

Rending Crane has a ground slam every other attack while Tempo Royale has one every 4th but I find the damage to be better on Tempo Royale. 

I'd also build the fastest Dokrahm zaw you can build and run Berzerker, Arcane Strike and an attack speed riven if you have one. It will proc Hydroid's passive and Exodia Hunt so much you won't notice that fact that it procs half as often.

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

If you two are going to try this I suggest the Tempo Royale stance. 

Rending Crane has a ground slam every other attack while Tempo Royale has one every 4th but I find the damage to be better on Tempo Royale. 

I'd also build the fastest Dokrahm zaw you can build and run Berzerker, Arcane Strike and an attack speed riven if you have one. It will proc Hydroid's passive and Exodia Hunt so much you won't notice that fact that it procs half as often.

According to the wiki, Rending Crane's neutral attack is only slam attacks. The second slam attack causes the knockdown but both are labeled as slam on the wiki.

Just now, Leqesai said:

According to the wiki, Rending Crane's neutral attack is only slam attacks. The second slam attack causes the knockdown but both are labeled as slam on the wiki.

You're right. I was confused and thinking about the knockdown on the second attack of Rending Crane. 

You can use whatever stance you prefer since they both work. I just prefer Tempo and think it's better for dps.

I think you can only have 3 tentacles from his passive at once.  Both stances should be able to accomplish that pretty quickly. 

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

You're right. I was confused and thinking about the knockdown on the second attack of Rending Crane. 

You can use whatever stance you prefer since they both work. I just prefer Tempo and think it's better for dps.

I think you can only have 3 tentacles from his passive at once.  Both stances should be able to accomplish that pretty quickly. 

Tested with rending crane and the default attack (though they appear to be slams) do not generate tentacles.

You can hold block + forward to quickly slam with Rending Crane.

9 hours ago, schilds said:

One option for high level is to build around his 2. Hard to die if you're making significant use of it.

High range, duration and efficiency. You don't need power strength.

I've seen people do that but I've never really enjoyed using it myself. I only use it as a pretty desperate way to get out of a bad situation. I might have just overlooked it's use tho.

Archived