Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes which are no longer used/viable in 2020

White_Matter

I agree with Banshee. I know there are many who would run in and say that "she's just not a meta frame" and that's why she's not used but no she just sucks.

She could be good but her survival depends waaay too much on mobility. Even the frame that's survival based around movement (Gauss) has an extra way to defend himself because movement alone is a really weak defense in warframe. Also he has faster shield recharge on top of the damage reduction.

Banshee really needs a better CC or some other way defend herself. Even old Nyx was better because she was able to stun enemies non stop with a negative duration Chaos. That's what Banshee should have at the very least.

I litterally nearly fell out of my chair from laughing so hard when I read post #1, 2 and 4.

All frames are viable after the Helminth got added, some could use some tweaks in order to make them less of a 1-trick-pony in their base kit. Like Nyx who has way too much focus on CC and survivability. But Grendel, Banshee and Frost are far from that point. Grendel may be a bit boring in the eyes of some, but he is a really strong frame, especially as a weapon platform and the same goes for Banshee. Shield gate pretty much fixed all issues with Banshee and Helminth allowed her to get either more on demand nuking or on demand survivability/CC. Frost has always been really strong if you build him for the job you want him to do, which is either AoE nuking/CCing or tight objective defense, which his nuke build does just fine. With the option to add a decently strong Roar on him in addition to his massive or full armor strip he just wrecks everything far up in the levels.

And if the frame can breeze through various Steel Path/Arbi endless missions then there is no place left where they cant be viable.

17 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I'll start.  Banshee

Don't start. 

These sorts of threads are so subjective (at best) and vapid that words fail to adequately ridicule them. 

If you like a warframe, play it. You can usually find a way to skate by in most content. Not all warframes are suitable for all mission types, but you're always going to have situations that call for particular things. 

Worry about that and not what others are playing and why. 

6 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Don't start. 

These sorts of threads are so subjective (at best) and vapid that words fail to adequately ridicule them. 

If you like a warframe, play it. You can usually find a way to skate by in most content. Not all warframes are suitable for all mission types, but you're always going to have situations that call for particular things. 

Worry about that and not what others are playing and why. 

Triggered.

Also I disagree, it isn't subjective. Some warframes are straight out weaker and/or less useful than others that there is no point of running them unless you want do a challenge run or something. Also Steelpath is a pretty good filter to weed out the weak.

edit : 

10 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Saryn

(Haven't seen a single one in steel path or basically anywhere, so she must suck)

I made her work in steelpath.

Gotta forma polarity to V for steel charge, slot in umbral mods, regenrative mold augment and replace ultimate with warcry.

I always dreamt of a Melee Saryn and I got it thanks to Helminth.

4 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Triggered.

Also I disagree, it isn't subjective. Some warframes are straight out weaker and/or less useful than others that there is no point of running them unless you want do a challenge run or something. Also Steelpath is a pretty good filter to weed out the weak.

I know that seeing big numbers and playing a meta frame on steelframe makes your neurons activate (Big numbers makes my monkey brain activate). But if I could I could probably just take any ol riven'd decent weapon and just run around as my operator with 200 HP killing everything. Warframe is an easy game, the A.I does not get smarter, they don't aimbot you anymore (Thank goodness) and I could do the same thing with any frame.

I mean I could take an unmodded excalibur and still run through steel path with a decent weapon. 

Just now, White_Matter said:

Stopped reading here because I don't do that.

The point of that post is to basically say. Meta just does not matter anymore, I'd even argue frames don't matter anymore. Cause it's gotten to the point that weapons are just BETTER than abilities. Except in a few rare exceptions. So if we wanna talk the best, it'd basically just be putting Yeehaw Girl at #1

1 hour ago, Whitestrake0 said:

The point of that post is to basically say. Meta just does not matter anymore, I'd even argue frames don't matter anymore. Cause it's gotten to the point that weapons are just BETTER than abilities. Except in a few rare exceptions. So if we wanna talk the best, it'd basically just be putting Yeehaw Girl at #1

No matter how powerful a weapon is, without survivability or CC, it never comes into play if you are playing SP. I think abilities still matter, so does the frame. Helminth obviously offer more options now, but rarely a single ability defines a frame anymore.

42 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

No matter how powerful a weapon is, without survivability or CC, it never comes into play if you are playing SP. I think abilities still matter, so does the frame. Helminth obviously offer more options now, but rarely a single ability defines a frame anymore.

For survivability, that's true. But its still possible to get by without it on a frame. No matter what the level, you just have to be more self-aware. CC however, it's been dead for a solid 3 years now. In fact its been a massive problem that I wish would be addressed, cause I remember I'd see Vauban, Nyx etc all the time in 2016 and 2017. Now, I have not played with either in probably a solid 30 missions.

21 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Triggered.

Hardly. 

This sort of thing is just tiresome and very much is nonsense. 

It's also not worth repeating myself. Some just have to have some controversy where none exists. 

22 hours ago, Whitestrake0 said:

I mean I could take an unmodded excalibur and still run through steel path with a decent weapon. 

No.

Even a modded Valkyr Prime which has the same stats as Umbra but much higher armor will get 1 shot out of no where. I mean if you're referring to the low level planet steel path then sure, probably. Steel Path eventually gets to the point that even Nidus struggles to survive.

Playing meta really is the game on Steel Path. Which is personally not my cup of tea since I like having options. Having a challenge is fun and all but I can't just bring my Excalibur in every mission anymore: which is a shame cause monkey brain likes shiny swoosh.

19 hours ago, Whitestrake0 said:

No matter what the level, you just have to be more self-aware. CC however, it's been dead for a solid 3 years now. In fact its been a massive problem that I wish would be addressed, cause I remember I'd see Vauban, Nyx etc all the time in 2016 and 2017. Now, I have not played with either in probably a solid 30 missions.

Depending on which game mode, no matter how aware you are, you will die if you ain't tank enough. Specifically survival in which the area is covered by enemies in every direction. CC is becoming more relevant to not just die and when defending something. Hence the revival of frames such as Vauban.

Nyx has gotten her own little niche too with the ability to tear off any steel path effects from the enemy. Effectively giving her the best armor strip which can also remove shields, be it only on a single target. Tho I think she could still be buffed more.

Archived