Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat genetic code is not dropping?

demonnicdragox

Question

So guys I have started collecting material for My kavat incubator segment and for that I played solo on demios extermination and i got 7 genetic code after playing few round of it but after that I haven't got a single genetic code so I was wondering if there is a limit of what we can get for example seven in a day/week?  

11 answers to this question

One tip: Sands of Inaros.

Be prepared for the throng of Kavats which spawn at the first part appropriately. I was lucky to have both resource boosters at the time (along with the widgets for the scanner!). Take a tanky frame there, with a companion which does not kill (or no companion at all). Scan all Kavat before ... letting the said Kavats go off to better hunting grounds! By optimizing your chances, you will get 30+ genetic codes this way (but RNG is still a factor, as always).

According to Wiki the quest is not replayable, not even by buying another key from Baro.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Onder6099 said:

Reminder: It’s a Scan not Drop, after your Helios fulfilled the Codex entry he stop to Scan and You must do that manually.

not if you have Sol-Battery Widget on Simaris Scanner and no Codex Scanner items- my Helios scans every single thing regardless of the Codex status

On 2020-12-01 at 11:55 PM, (PSN)Claudija said:

not if you have Sol-Battery Widget on Simaris Scanner and no Codex Scanner items- my Helios scans every single thing regardless of the Codex status

Then you have a very fortuitous bug on your hands.

Also, I'm pretty sure Helio can't use the non-battery-widgets, same as the heliocors; the battery only works because it can't be depleted.

7 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

Then you have a very fortuitous bug on your hands.

Also, I'm pretty sure Helio can't use the non-battery-widgets, same as the heliocors; the battery only works because it can't be depleted.

Helios uses a Scanner; Codex is preferred but Simaris Scanner is still a scanner. It would use your Codex Scanner supply- if Simaris Scanner is fitted with widgets and you have one infinite use.. Mine has scan stunned Synthesis targets which is funny :) Wiki entry has it confirmed- Helios can use Simaris Scanner if no Codex Scanners are available and Sol-Battery is counted: you just get no Simaris Faction Rep for it so nope, I have no bug it's working as intended heh. warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helios and you want "Precept Mod Notes"

3 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Helios uses a Scanner; Codex is preferred but Simaris Scanner is still a scanner. It would use your Codex Scanner supply- if Simaris Scanner is fitted with widgets and you have one infinite use.. Mine has scan stunned Synthesis targets which is funny :) Wiki entry has it confirmed- Helios can use Simaris Scanner if no Codex Scanners are available and Sol-Battery is counted: you just get no Simaris Faction Rep for it so nope, I have no bug it's working as intended heh. warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helios and you want "Precept Mod Notes"

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Investigator

7 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Yes, what I meant is that you won't get double-scans/drops, or faster scans, or scans counting as two.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Investigator

• It will not scan targets with complete codex entries.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Synthesis_Scanner#Widgets

• Even with the Sol-Battery Widget equipped, Helios will not auto-scan enemies/objects with a completed Codex entry

So if yours is, then it is not intended by DE.

Archived