Jump to content

Does anyone have frames they use just for Quests?


Recommended Posts

Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to start off by saying thanks for all the replies to my previous post (Missions fellow Registered Losers dislike). I'm following the thread and enjoying all the responses, just can't reply to each one, lol. Was fun to read through all the different views/opinions.

I wanted to see if anyone else in the community liked to use what I call 'Quest Frames' - Frames that they like to use for Quests, either because they're their favorite frame, enjoy seeing them in animated cutscenes, etc!

For me personally I've always used my Mag for quests no matter the content or difficulty. She was my first frame and is my favorite one to use during story orientated sections of the game. :)

Do you do this/don't do this? Why/Why not? Drop a reply, I'm interested to know (feel free to send images of the frame you like to use if you do this)!

Edited by haloemma09
Changed title, was confusing for viewers.
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, haloemma09 said:

Quest Frames

So, your quest frames are not actually quest frames? As in, the frames you get from quests. This makes your title really confusing. I would suggest using a new term that isn't already in use.

 

But to answer your question: I like using Valkyr with a Tennogen skin (I don't recall the name, but it was a Halloween thing). It looks nice in cutscenes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • haloemma09 changed the title to Does anyone have frames they use just for Quests?
8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

So, your quest frames are not actually quest frames? As in, the frames you get from quests. This makes your title really confusing. I would suggest using a new term that isn't already in use.

 

But to answer your question: I like using Valkyr with a Tennogen skin (I don't recall the name, but it was a Halloween thing). It looks nice in cutscenes. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I've changed the title, hope that's more clear! :)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always go with Excalibur (with proto skin). I take some screenshots, it's to have some kind of continuity and it was my first frame. And since i don't use him as much as before it give me a reason to use him. I also didn't use him for helminth, i made another Excalibur.

Edited by Gilmaesh
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gilmaesh said:

I always go with Excalibur (with proto skin). I take some screenshots, it's to have some kind of continuity and it was my first frame. And since i don't use him as much as before it give me a reason to use him. I also didn't used him for helminth, i made another Excalibur.

Agreed. The continuity is definitely apart of the reason I do it. And when you've played that frame from the beginning, it helps to have a connection to it during the quests where they're in danger. More emotional weight!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I used my first frame I had gotten from the beginning to run every Quest til after the Sacrifice.

My no Forma Excalibur using the Proto skin. 

Once I finished the Sac, I moved to Excal Umbra. I attempted to do any redoable Quest with my OG Excal if they get that option. But Railjack was a one timer and nothing else has been rerunable since IIRC

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

Once I finished the Sac, I moved to Excal Umbra. I attempted to do any redoable Quest with my OG Excal if they get that option. But Railjack was a one timer and nothing else has been rerunable since IIRC

One of my clanmates did this too - Stuck with Excal for quests then switched to Umbra after Sacrifice. Do you like Umbra or your OG Excal more? Do you see yourself reflected more in Umbra or your OG Excal?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, haloemma09 said:

One of my clanmates did this too - Stuck with Excal for quests then switched to Umbra after Sacrifice. Do you like Umbra or your OG Excal more? Do you see yourself reflected more in Umbra or your OG Excal?

I feel for Umbra as that being done to me....knowing I had no control and killed my son ...that hurt more than I expected. 

My OG I see in a different light after Sac. Before, I was thinking it would be a warrior from the past that would one day be gifted with its memories and life back. Now I see it as a puppet of a person I took on so many missions and I can now let rest while Umbra does the path of discovery. 

And don't get me started on Void Demons lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, haloemma09 said:

So your selection is moreso for her reliability in most mission types. 

Mesa is also pretty nice looking in cutscenes, very photogenic imo!

Yeah. I'm pragmatic like that.

And yeah, it certainly helps that she's also a badass space cowgirl with a lovely deluxe skin.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

I feel for Umbra as that being done to me....knowing I had no control and killed my son ...that hurt more than I expected. 

My OG I see in a different light after Sac. Before, I was thinking it would be a warrior from the past that would one day be gifted with its memories and life back. Now I see it as a puppet of a person I took on so many missions and I can now let rest while Umbra does the path of discovery. 

And don't get me started on Void Demons lol

This is a really thoughtful view on your selection of Umbra.

I really like how you've rather let your old Excal rest while Umbra can continue on with his own personal healing through your influence... Really cool interpretation for your personal journey.

Thanks for sharing! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Yeah. I'm pragmatic like that.

And yeah, it certainly helps that she's also a badass space cowgirl with a lovely deluxe skin.

Definitely. I actually prefer her original look compared to her prime for this reason. Got such a cool style to it - You can definitely picture her in a sandy wasteland going after marks. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

I usually take a slow pace during quests. I have build with Vauban and Helios + Investigator for that end.

Oh, cool. Vauban and Helios really fit well together haha. Do you mainly do this for scanning the new enemy types and researching etc? Seems like a really interesting approach to quests!

Link to post
Share on other sites

well, My Rhino Prime is the one I always use for quests. he was my first Prime, and a frame I wanted to play as before I even really started playing warframe (I tend to go for heavy/tank characters). also his kit is versatile enough to handle any situation the quest might throw my way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Depends, if they do more Sentient quests then Umbra but other quest I'll use Valkyr

Do you have more of a connection with Valkyr or Umbra, or are these selections based on how well they'll handle for the quests? (I'm guessing this is the case since Umbra vs Sentients).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

well, My Rhino Prime is the one I always use for quests. he was my first Prime, and a frame I wanted to play as before I even really started playing warframe (I tend to go for heavy/tank characters). also his kit is versatile enough to handle any situation the quest might throw my way.

Nice! Good to be prepared, can always rely on some Iron Skin when you're in a dicey spot. 

It's cool that the frame you've chosen for quests closely resembles your preferred playstyle for games (the heavy, brute type). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, haloemma09 said:

Do you have more of a connection with Valkyr or Umbra, or are these selections based on how well they'll handle for the quests? (I'm guessing this is the case since Umbra vs Sentients).

I like Valkyr more because of how she looks, that she's melee focused and has great survival without Hysteria, she's also my first prime.

I'll use Umbra for sentients because I think it's more fitting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

By circumstance more than by intent, but yeah.

Excalibur. Specifically, my starter Excalibur. When I was first doing the main bulk of early-game quests he was my main powerhouse. This led to me using him for most of the Second Dream since I needed the power. I started the War Within with Limbo (my favourite, even to this day), but it quickly became apparent that I wasn't yet confident enough or had a good enough build with him to take me through. So, out came Excalibur once again.

By the time the Sacrifice rolled around, my Limbo was a proper powerhouse, and I'd gotten good enough to use him in most situations. It was, after all, quite some time since I joined around Chains of Harrow. However, I'm the sentimental sort and wondered whether to use my favourite frame or the one that had gotten me this far in the cinematic quests. I eventually decided on Excalibur, and I even gave him a makeover just for the occasion. I kept the original fashion IIRC (again, I'm the sentimental sort) but the updated fashion was basically 'the same fashion, but upgraded with all the new fashion techniques and tools I'd learned or accrued'.

 

However, from this point on, I'll probably stick with Limbo, just because I associate with him as 'my' Warframe, as it were. By now, I've also gotten to a point where he's by far my most powerful and versatile frame. There's a lot packed under his top hat people don't realise, once you start realising that Stasis isn't his be-all and end-all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Valkyr for a long time but she kinda became irrelevant and then I just started to use frames I like. Currently my two favorites are Nezha prime and Grendel. 

Titania was my number 1 most liked but then Deimos dropped and while she is usable there I have a much harder time surviving with her. I still love her design and I went through all the replayable quests with her.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

By circumstance more than by intent, but yeah.

However, from this point on, I'll probably stick with Limbo, just because I associate with him as 'my' Warframe, as it were. By now, I've also gotten to a point where he's by far my most powerful and versatile frame. There's a lot packed under his top hat people don't realise, once you start realising that Stasis isn't his be-all and end-all. 

I actually worked really hard to get Limbo when he first came out (I didn't have the best weapons and gear back then), and could never really work out how to play him properly when I finally made him. I'm glad you could succeed where I failed, lol.

His prime version is one of my favourite frames in terms of design, though, and he's got some really neat tennogen skins. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...