Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OCTAVIA - is there any way to turn OFF his / her music???

(PSN)BMWWOW

I was thinking about putting in a Suggestion to DE to be able to turn OFF 100% of the so-called "music" coming from Octavia.
I for one find the whole thing a bad joke, like DE decided to insert Elevator Muzak into the game.
Since the day Octavia got released, I have not heard one single "song" (in strong quotes btw) that was enjoyable.
Nope, not even a casual "Another One Bites The Dust" - sorry Queen lovers (I am one too btw).

But before I put in that suggestion, I figured I would ask here if such a feature already exists "hidden" somewhere in some mystical button-menu-sequence...?

I soooo dislike the sounds emitted from Octavia that she / he / it is my absolute LEAST played Warframe BY FAR for this reason alone.
( - I really have no idea what his / her gender is, and that is irrelevant to this post so please do not focus on that - )

While I cannot ask for DE to enable a "Silence Other Players' Octavia Music" button (but hey one can wish), what I would like to know here in the General Discussion is if there is a hidden switch somewhere that would at the very least allow me to Turn OFF 100% of the "music" that My Own Octavia would emit....?

My goal is to be able to use Octavia - because she / he is already renowned for some great powers, but also be able to silence that awful Muzak so I don't irritate the heck out  of myself while playing him / her.

Does such a feature exist??
If so please post the where / how to turn it off (Octavia's Sounds / "Muzak").
Thanks in advance.  🙂

You can also mute each ability of your Octavia separately (or all) in the Mandachord options.

@everyone using a min-max Octavia: MUTE YOURSELF!!! Noone wants to hear your one note spam...
unknown.png

There are also few more songs than just "another one bites the dust":

Maybe give her another try, she's imo one of the best frames ^^

40 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

PC Only at the moment. Wait for Arcana OP.

Pretty sure "Ally Mandachord" at least has been on all platforms for ages. I distinctly recall the option being added shortly after Octavia was released.

13 hours ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

I was thinking about putting in a Suggestion to DE to be able to turn OFF 100% of the so-called "music" coming from Octavia.
I for one find the whole thing a bad joke, like DE decided to insert Elevator Muzak into the game.
Since the day Octavia got released, I have not heard one single "song" (in strong quotes btw) that was enjoyable.
Nope, not even a casual "Another One Bites The Dust" - sorry Queen lovers (I am one too btw).

But before I put in that suggestion, I figured I would ask here if such a feature already exists "hidden" somewhere in some mystical button-menu-sequence...?

I soooo dislike the sounds emitted from Octavia that she / he / it is my absolute LEAST played Warframe BY FAR for this reason alone.
( - I really have no idea what his / her gender is, and that is irrelevant to this post so please do not focus on that - )

While I cannot ask for DE to enable a "Silence Other Players' Octavia Music" button (but hey one can wish), what I would like to know here in the General Discussion is if there is a hidden switch somewhere that would at the very least allow me to Turn OFF 100% of the "music" that My Own Octavia would emit....?

My goal is to be able to use Octavia - because she / he is already renowned for some great powers, but also be able to silence that awful Muzak so I don't irritate the heck out  of myself while playing him / her.

Does such a feature exist??
If so please post the where / how to turn it off (Octavia's Sounds / "Muzak").
Thanks in advance.  🙂

Mess around with your sound settings. I don't particularly care to hear the ingame music, and Octavias were.... abundant to the point of annoyance. After I changed whatever it was, I generally don't hear a thing when they're around, or when I'm playing as her. 

Archived