Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunslinger Warframe Concept - With Art By Ignusdei

TunaMayo

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really cool idea. I like that he kinda looks like Ash but wild west style. Also do you think it would be better or at least more appropriate that the clones for "Never Outgunned" (I think for this version up to 3) formed back to back with their creator and each other to form a square, shooting in all directions, like a last stand? And they moved in unison with the frame, so he could revolve and kill all, like a shooting wheel of death.

You can thank IgnusDei for the design, it really is quite awesome. 

The concept for "Never Outgunned" was for the clones to sort of form a square or circle around the frame yes. But not to move around with him. They are meant to draw fire and deal damage, just creating general havoc whilst the frames picks things off. I feel he is meant to be a squishy frame, so having decoys move with him and draw all fire would not be wise. 

Nice idea of a warframe=)

Concerning skills - i dont see the gunslinger as a caster type warframe - so i guess its skills should be mainly buffs. Also i would like to see skills that can be turned on/off and drain the energy continuosly.

Skill proposal :

Desperado - 4th skill*ultimate*(sorry for the repeating name) - tenno strives to utilize the weapon to max wihtout care for his own body

Upon activation (max lvl of skill) shooting speed inctreases 20%, damage increases 20%, all fire becomes auto, all enemyes in 25 meter range got the debuff like a bullets attractor - all bullets that fly within 1 meter radius from the enemy fly into the target. Each time tenno shots he looses 3hp for assault rifles, 7 for shotgun and etc. I would have loved auto aim for this but bullet attractor effect is easyer to implement.

A lot of people want skills that can be turned on and off and drain energy, but I feel this is not the direction that DE want to take (atleast just yet).

In terms of auto aim powers, I have been thinking of something along these lines :

Deadeye - Frame is locked in position and current weapon is locked into zoom mode (primary/secondary can be switched). Cursor randomly locks onto an enemy in their designated weakspot. Locked enemy is slowed by 50% and 20 % damage debuff from all sources. After death, cursor locks on to nearest enemy in their designated weakspot and debuffs apply to that enemy. Repeats until duration of power is over.

Heya there Tuna! We haven't talked for awhile. Nice concept you have, and in fact, I really like it. My idea isn't quite fleshed out yet, and I swear that I didn't steal your idea, but its more oriented towards offensive and distractive utility rather than offense and offensive support. Since you are part of the clan, your opinion on my concept would mean a lot, since you're technically family in my book. Cheers to success!

Fell

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest an additional power?

Bullet Time - Team use, Crowd control, Ultimate

Like the Rhino's Stomp (without them being damaged) it shall knock opponents off while slowing them down but, it will also Increase damage & Crit rate/damage on each one in affect of bullet time. You can use Mods, Duration, Power Strength, & Range to give it a little "buckeroo kick". 

Edited by genthis

• 2 weeks later...

This needs to be done, NOW! In other words good idea. Critical thinking might be difficult though, i'm not entirely sure how that'd work.

In my mind I imagined it like lots of little "Bullet Attractors" (Mag's power) around the critical zones on enemies, but invisible.

So if you shoot near a critical zone, it will get dragged in to do bonus damage. But nothing drastic, just enough so that your DPS would get a healthy boost from spraying and praying.

Cool, i like it.

1. Blunderbuss - Knockback/movement.
Gunslinger fires a blunderbuss shot infront of him. Knocks enemies down in 180 degree cone and 2/3/4/5m (effected by range mods) infront of him for 25/50/75/100 damage whilst sending the frame 2/3/4/5m (effected by range mods) backwards.

^this is my favorite skill

Heya there Tuna! We haven't talked for awhile. Nice concept you have, and in fact, I really like it. My idea isn't quite fleshed out yet, and I swear that I didn't steal your idea, but its more oriented towards offensive and distractive utility rather than offense and offensive support. Since you are part of the clan, your opinion on my concept would mean a lot, since you're technically family in my book. Cheers to success!

Fell

Hey fell, I'll give it a deeper look when I get some free time. I scanned over it but it is really quite lengthy!!!

This is excellent! outstanding job. Might I suggest an alternate helmet with a badass eye implant? maybe a cowboyhat too

I'd love to add more art, but alas I am not gifted in that sense and I don't think IgnusDei has been online in a while.

Maybe have a mod specifically made for this frame(a la Zephyr and Aviator) which gives a slight boost to all "cowboy" style weapons: Revolvers(Vasto, Magnus), semi-auto rifles(Latron, Grinlok), single daggers(Dark, Heat and Ceramic). Do that to fit the theme and just for silliness-sake.

I like the idea, but not that it limits the weapons of choice. Perhaps a dual mod for Gunslinger (seeing as this looks like how passives are being implemented) :

When primary weapon is equipped, reduced recoil and increased aimed accuracy for gunslinger.

When secondary weapon is equipped, movement speed and hipfire accuracy is increased.

Although fairly powerful, you'd be subbing out one of your 6 "essential" mods so could be balanced.

I think a cool idea for the Ult would be like a combination of Ash's Bladestorm and Dead-Eye from RDR. You target enemies in a 10m radius around and whip out dual pistols and fire at them(1000 damage to each enemy)

Interesting, but I feel this is a slight variation on the theme of "press four to kill a bunch of stuff around you".

I was really trying to avoid that theme, with the idea that the Gunslinger would use his powers to either boost his weapons damage output, decrease the damage he was taking or avoid being shot altogether. Not use them for AoE damage.

Although I admit it would be cool to spin around and just kill a bunch of enemies, it's just not what I was going for.

Not wanting to come off all entitle here; but…

How has this frame not been made yet..?

This concept, at the very least is 1000x stronger than Zephyr…

Zephyr *cringe

the light wind ‘war’frame… **facepalm

anyhoos, dis better happen soon, or I’ll write an even moaaar impolite letter… :P

I'd LOVE to see a western/cowboy themed frame in the game! Even though this guy's abilities kinda limit his use of melee, I like it. Critical Thinking, though, seems TOO MUCH like bullet attractor to really be unique, I'll try to think of something else to suggest for it, but in the meantime know you've got my support!

• 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to come off all entitle here; but…[/size]

How has this frame not been made yet..?[/size]

This concept, at the very least is 1000x stronger than Zephyr…[/size]

Zephyr *cringe[/size]

the light wind ‘war’frame… **facepalm[/size]

anyhoos, dis better happen soon, or I’ll write an even moaaar impolite letter… :P[/size]

Thanks for the support, but the Zephyr concept was extremely detailed and well thought out. No need to discredit that concept!

Hopefully we will get a gunzerker in the future!

I'd LOVE to see a western/cowboy themed frame in the game! Even though this guy's abilities kinda limit his use of melee, I like it. Critical Thinking, though, seems TOO MUCH like bullet attractor to really be unique, I'll try to think of something else to suggest for it, but in the meantime know you've got my support!

Well it was just one of a few concepts that came to mind, I do really like the idea of an auto-aim style power that stops movement but locks on to enemy crit points, maybe making all bullets hitscan?

But something like that should be reserved for an ultimate.

Thanks for the support and I look forward to your suggestion!

So is critical thinking going to be a mix between Sonar and bullet attractor?

More like mass bullet attractors, but much smaller, with no damage bonus and on critical locations.

So imagine after you use it, enemies in a radius gain little bullet attractors on their heads. Sort of space helmet style and size.

But, if use on enemies with sonar used on them, the mini BAs appear on the orange zones instead.

In theory it wouldn't be massively OP, but should aid the gunslinger in getting more shots on critical locations, upping his dps. Would also promote some, even if slight, warframe synergy.