Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DIY (your own) melee stances for plat

quxier

Melee stances are not perfect. Sometimes you want (attack => single press of attack key, default E, with optional another key; combo has several attacks, like Bullet dance - Magnum mambo):

1) swap some combos (e.g. Forward+attack  combo with Attack combo).

2) to remove part of a combo (e.g. 2nd & 3rd attack from Magnum mambo - Bullet dance)

3) to change an order of attacks in a combo

4) add an attack from different stances (probably from the same weapon type, not sure how different weapon types would look)

5) swap an attack (remove an attack and add another)

An animation should do certain damage/status/etc (e.g. gunblades shoot or strike. If one animation shoots bullet, the animation in your stance should do it as well).

In addition it would be nice to see:
- changing animation speed
- changing other animations (aerial attack, aerial attack while aim gliding, slam attacks, heavy slam attacks, slide attacks, finisher)

- being able to buy new animations (it would be nice if an animation would work on different weapons' types)

Simple changes should costs you like ~20p but if you want build from scratch (or you would do a lot of changes) then it should costs you max 200-300p (this is price for a frame).

Requirements would be:
- you have stance(s)
- and enough plat

What do you think?

ps. of course you had to try a stance before buying.

44 minutes ago, quxier said:

Melee stances are not perfect. Sometimes you want (attack => single press of attack key, default E, with optional another key; combo has several attacks, like Bullet dance - Magnum mambo):

1) swap some combos (e.g. Forward+attack  combo with Attack combo).

2) to remove part of a combo (e.g. 2nd & 3rd attack from Magnum mambo - Bullet dance)

3) to change an order of attacks in a combo

4) add an attack from different stances (probably from the same weapon type, not sure how different weapon types would look)

5) swap an attack (remove an attack and add another)

An animation should do certain damage/status/etc (e.g. gunblades shoot or strike. If one animation shoots bullet, the animation in your stance should do it as well).

In addition it would be nice to see:
- changing animation speed
- changing other animations (aerial attack, aerial attack while aim gliding, slam attacks, heavy slam attacks, slide attacks, finisher)

- being able to buy new animations (it would be nice if an animation would work on different weapons' types)

Simple changes should costs you like ~20p but if you want build from scratch (or you would do a lot of changes) then it should costs you max 200-300p (this is price for a frame).

Requirements would be:
- you have stance(s)
- and enough plat

What do you think?

ps. of course you had to try a stance before buying.

I'm not even sure i know what this was meant to say, but it looks like a No.

From what i can tell, you're looking to be able to Buy an Empty Stance mod, and then somehow customise that Stance to be a mix of any Stance animations you want?

Its a No because i can only imagine that the workload needed to pull this off would probably equal about 4-6 new, built from scratch, Warframes.

The problem with the idea is that, just because Animation A, Animation B and Animation C exist in the game, doesn't mean that adding together Animation A + Animation B + Animation C will work. Animations are usually programmed together so that it gives the "illusion" of a clean moveset. "Nikana Attack Animation A" is programmed to gel well with "Nikana Attack Animation B", so that you can transition between them without worrying about Clipping or Body Glitches like your hand suddenly stretching off to the left in an inhuman way. You cant just take each Animation and randomly mash them together. If it took them 1 year to get this system done it could take 2-3 further years to QA Test it to get all the bugs out.

Its an interesting idea now, i'll give you that. But just not practically possible.

17 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

From what i can tell, you're looking to be able to Buy an Empty Stance mod, and then somehow customise that Stance to be a mix of any Stance animations you want?

Yes, that's the basic idea.

17 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

The problem with the idea is that, just because Animation A, Animation B and Animation C exist in the game, doesn't mean that adding together Animation A + Animation B + Animation C will work. Animations are usually programmed together so that it gives the "illusion" of a clean moveset. "Nikana Attack Animation A" is programmed to gel well with "Nikana Attack Animation B", so that you can transition between them without worrying about Clipping or Body Glitches like your hand suddenly stretching off to the left in an inhuman way. You cant just take each Animation and randomly mash them together. If it took them 1 year to get this system done it could take 2-3 further years to QA Test it to get all the bugs out.

I see. I haven't consider this. I've checked Gnashing papaya for Okina. Normal attacks moves your body forward then backward. To "mash up" animations they would have to do a lot of work as you said. Like adding new animation as transitions. Or making animations start and stop at the same position. This would require a lot of work and, as you said, not practically possible (not in current times). However they could keep in mind when creating new animations (if they want to change the melee system of course).

On the other hand I think part of my suggestion is possible:
- you can remove the last N attacks from a combo - this is simple as player not doing that attack
- swap combos - that's, more or less, just changing keys
- make single attack combo - no transition in & out
- change a combo into combo from another stance - so you basically saying My-stance/Combo1 = Gnashing-papaya/Combo2

18 hours ago, Paranoicon said:

So you want Warframe's combo system to become Godhand's?

Bit of a tall order there, innit?

I guess like Godhand's. However I've not played it. I've just seen few youtube movies.

I just want stances to behave like quick melee did. Namely that under absolutely no circumstances should they ever be allowed to over-ride the movement inputs that I'm giving to my character.

It would also be nice if they reversed the nerf which broke the animations for polearms and dual swords at high attack speed.

On 2020-12-04 at 1:00 PM, DoomFruit said:

under absolutely no circumstances should they ever be allowed to over-ride the movement inputs that I'm giving to my character.

Agree 100% on this. Our movement should be top priority. Many times i've tried to move out of the way, only for me to realize that im mid combo and cant dodge in time.

• 3 months later...

I support this and you have my vote, the DE need to change that, there's no reason to choose a melee with a shield and when you press E button several times, the character throw the shield like a boomerang, we losing protection because the shield protect us.

Just a suggestion, why not replace platinum with a rare resource like eidolon shards or riven slivers?

2 hours ago, Famecans said:

Just a suggestion, why not replace platinum with a rare resource like eidolon shards or riven slivers?

Platinum is the easiest to achieve. Anyone can earn plat. Eidelon shards or other rarer resources? Nope. I don't want it to lock it because you cannot do Eidolons or something.

Another reason is with plat you will "support" (by real money or by buying from other people) DE.

Archived