Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Debating Between Range Or Damage For Nova~

KamaNightfire

^

Currently stacking Blind Rage and Focus for now, and considering this only works for the initial explosion damage and not for the 2x multiplier for Molecular Prime, as well as only the initial damage of Anti-Matter Drop and not it's 5x multiplier, I'm wondering if switching Blinding Rage to Overextended would be a better option.

This is both for high and low level situations.

Any feedback? :o

why not blind rage and strech?

Already have both on, was wondering if having far more range is better than an initial damage increase for the explosion.

I honestly wish the Multiplier was affected by these mods, it would make them far more viable to use for a Nova, but they only touch the damage explosions from MP and AMD. At least make the multiplier on AMD increase, why would I care about a 160+ damage explosion on it, when it's main source of damage is the 5x multiplier for setting it up.

bleh

Edited by Hermaphrodite

Range affects the explosions as well as the initial cast. And power strength doesn't affect the damage multiplier. This means if there are enough trash mobs, you may be able to make up for the lost damage through more explosions reaching your primary targets, heavies/ancients. (Blind Rage, + Stretch + Overextended)

The only thing you lose from this is mod slot/points and the damage from the explosion which you said you didn't really care about as much as the damage multiplier. Another issue is slowing a heavy/ancient during defense and it taking forever to reach the crypod.

Who knows? Try it and maybe it will beast the whole map. :)

Edited by Stygi

Range affects the explosions as well as the initial cast. And power strength doesn't affect the damage multiplier. This means if there are enough trash mobs, you may be able to make up for the lost damage through more explosions reaching your primary targets, heavies/ancients. (Blind Rage, + Stretch + Overextended)

The only thing you lose from this is mod slot/points and the damage from the explosion which you said you didn't really care about as much as the damage multiplier. Another issue is slowing a heavy/ancient during defense and it taking forever to reach the crypod.

Who knows? Try it and maybe it will beast the whole map. :)

Another thing to ask is there a damage-cap for warframe abilities, I know there's one for cost-reduction, but what about damage?

Max Range + Anti-matter drop which gives 4x dmg of input projectiles irregardless of power strength (and like 300 useless dmg on top of this).  

If you have a good high RoF weapon, since the dmg type is converted you can pump a drop full of lead and then lay that nuke down w/e and laugh as the galaxy burns.

EDIT: Too clarify, with max pwr range the AOE is disgusting. 

Edited by Relkin

range hands down.... the cc ability of novas prime is too much to ignore also anti matter drop is sick with overextend

increase everyones dmg over larger range or just primes dmg..... should be easy answer really

Edited by Saravind

hmm i just use fleeting expertise and drop Mol. Prime's cost down to 25 :p for that cost i don't have to worry about range or damage :) (although i still use stretch and all the other base mods to improve those areas too) works just fine for T3 stuff, especially survival beyond the 30m+ mark (although those are kinda rare, most people leave at 15 -_- )

i am legitimately relieved that the votes for Overextended out numbered everything else. 

Antimatter Drop with a range of ~35m and MPrime with ~48m... mmhm. Overextended actually makes Nova a part of the team, and a useful part, at that. 

i'd be willing to make a Nova a part of my 'team' anytime if she's got Overextended on.

but what about damage?

Antimatter Drop can deal millions of damage, so if  there is a max, it's pretty damn high. 

honestly, i expect the maximum damage it can deal to be:  2,147,483,647.

good luck testing that though!

Edited by taiiat

I just tested 3 different builds on my Nova. Solo in Invasion against Grineer.

with Energy Siphon Aura, with Reactor, no Forma, no Null Star

1)Standard Mods:                       |  +30% damage  |  +30% range   | +70% energy efficiency    |  -40% duration

2)with Overextended :                 |  -30% damage   |  +120% range | +70% energy efficiency    |  -40% duration

3)OverExt. + BlindRage_Rank5: |  +26% damage  |  +120% range  | +60% energy efficiency   |  -60% duration

AM Drop was not tested.

Short and simple. My personal experience is that build number 3) is the safest one. Easy to clear and you don't have to cast M. Prime as much as with build 1). It's safer then build 1) where I had rank 6 Redirection and max Rush equipped! In all cases, however, Heavies would survive the initial chain explosion but as I went down the line of builds, they would take more damage from the total explosions and be easier to kill. With enough trash mobs around, they die instantly. Let's hope armor 2.0 comes soon ^.^.

Core mods: Focus, Streamline, Continuity, Fleeting Expertise_Rank3, Stretch

1) Redirection_rank6, Rush

2) Rush, Overextended

3) Overextended, Blind Rage_rank5, FleetingExpertise_rank5 replacing Rank_3

Edited by Stygi