Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bonewidow 2.0 Ability Changes

[DE]Megan

Hello, Tenno!

Bonewidow has had a bit of an iterative release - there’s all the changes we made post-test cluster weekend, some pretty nasty bug fixes, and now, another big round of changes. Feedback regarding Bonewidow’s abilities have brought forth the upcoming Ability overhaul changes you see below! We appreciate all the suggestions on our second Necramech thus far, take a look at what’s coming your way soon:

BONEWIDOW 2.0

MEATHOOK: 

An important raised issue with Bonewidow is being unable to regenerate Health, as Bonewidow is geared towards the more “tankier” focused Necramech in comparison to Voidrig. This change to Meathook aims to tackle that head on. 

• Held enemies will lose Health over time, the Health lost will be transferred into Bonewidow. Held enemies will also have Damage Over Time applied to them. 

• Drain speed and % of Health transferred can be upgradable.

• Improved Meathook grab to feel sharper and more consistent. 

• We found that the animation was sliding forward before the grab trigger was enabled, so if the AI was close, you would slide past before the grab would ever engage.

SHIELD MAIDEN: 

• Damage Reflection added to the shield, incoming blocked damage will be reflected back at the target.

• Damage Reflection can be upgraded with level and Strength Mods.

• Meleeing with Shield Maiden will give you access to the Shield Bash you get while using Exalted Ironbride.

FIRING LINE:

Firing Line needs to work as a better set up to let Exalted Ironbride shred enemies, and we’ve ensured it’s casting leads to better set up opportunities with these changes:

• Added the Lifted Status to enemies hit for 5 seconds (upgradeable by Mods).

• 1.5x Damage multiplier on Lifted enemies.

EXALTED IRONBRIDE: 

• Radial ragdoll added to 3rd melee strike with the ability to Critical hit - but not full knock back as to keep enemies contained within striking distance.

• Exalted Ironbride now has a slight aim assist that will help prevent over swing.

Shield Bash

The Shield Bash has been expanded to work whenever you have a Shield equipped, not just when you have a Sword and Shield!

• Gun/Shield: The melee 'E' Key

• Sword/Shield: The left mouse button

• Added Lift Status to Shield Bash.

General:

• Truncated Bonewidow jump Melee strikes by 1 second to improve responsiveness.

The above is subject to change, but we wanted to keep everyone in the loop on Bonewidows progress. These changes will go live in our next PC Hotfix AND will also be included in the Deimos: Arcana console update - thanks! 

This isn't enough to correct the fundamental issues of this mech (honestly just look at your first mech compared to this). I have seen amazing feedback regarding the mech that all tells the same story. Please don't let this be the only love this mech gets. You lads have definitely made an amazing system with these mechs its a shame this one is nothing more than fodder.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

SHIELD MAIDEN: 

• Damage Reflection added to the shield, incoming blocked damage will be reflected back at the target.

FIRING LINE:

• Added the Lifted Status to enemies hit for 5 seconds (upgradeable by Mods).

EXALTED IRONBRIDE: 

• Radial ragdoll added to 3rd melee strike with the ability to Critical hit - but not full knock back as to keep enemies contained within striking distance.

Shield Bash

• Added Lift Status to Shield Bash.

Can we like, not do these?

These changes look pretty good but I think to truly improve Bonewidow the entire Arch-Melee system needs a pass. The stats and mods for this class of weapons just isn't up to snuff, not to mention how clunky and slow the melee feels compared to the new and improved system for regular melee.

Please increase Ironbrides range to 10 meters and give it double attack speed. Arch-melee mods are also seriously underwhelming compared to normal melee mods. The comparison to Bonewidow and Ironbride is akin to bringing Inaros Prime and any decent melee build. Unfortunately, the latter is far more practical and lethal than the former.

Is this thread unfinished? Meathook's throw still has no damage scaling, shield bash still has no damage scaling, shield maiden still can't reliably block damage in front of it, firing line isn't good at getting enemies together.

And why do I get the feeling the Damage Reflect is going to be 100% and thus completely useless?

How come you guys come up with so many solutions to these problems, but then proceed to forget about them when the next toy comes around?

This will definitely make Bonewidow more effective, but will we see a buff to Ironbride? It's damage is still rather anemic, and people are saying Bonewidow is trash because it can't deal the ludicrous amount of damage that Voidrig does. I understand that Bonewidow is designed more around survivability, but when compared to Voidrig, Bonewidow's extra survivability is currently still not worth the tradeoff in damage output. I'd like to see a rebalance to both of the mechs to bring them to roughly the same level of utility. (Yes, that means nerfing the Arquebex.)

These changes sound really nice, don't give up on bonewidow because I haven't felt so badass playing Warframe in a long time!

However you should seriously consider buffing the damage of his exalted sword by a lot, or if there any issues with the archwing mods or the necramech ones, because it doesn't seem to work as intended right now or doesn't seem to deliver enough damage anyway.

Why must Ironbride be an Archwing melee??? We have only a few Arch mele mods. It would be far more practical if it is"just" a heavy blade...
I mean the Ult from Voidrig isnt an Archgun either so why the melee from bonewidow?
You want us to use them but right now they arent really overwhelming with its powers so far... Only voidrig comes with its arquebex pretty near but thats all...
You want Bonewido a frontliner so i had expected him to deal more or similar damage to Voidrig but thats not the case.

Not only the attack speed/animation is pretty slow und hugely unsatisfying the Dmg Ouptut is also not THAT great compared to Voidrigs arquebex...

Also so far that's not Ability Changes 2.0 more like 1.9999999...
Why is his 3rd Ability not one that crowd the enemies way better? Pulling them together like khora ensnare, mags magnetize bubble or sth similar... Then add a total dmg multiplier of 2 on all crowded enemies.

Let his Shield (2nd ability) HP scale like Rhino iron skin or nezha guarding halo. With incoming dmg within 5 sec + Armor + Strength mods.

And his 1? Make it more like Garudas 1st. When enemies have passed a certain HP lvl, Bonewidow can insta kill him, absorbing all of its HP.

From my POV it's a way more practical and survival buffed Setup of Abilities

13 minutes ago, Pumpkin_Head said:

Arch melee doesn't have enough mods to make building the ironbride fun to build

agreed, archwing melee mods and weapons need to be buffed. i can kill 10x as many enemies in the time Bonewidow's Ironbride kills just one, and thats with dual skana alone lol 🤨

vor 30 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

EXALTED IRONBRIDE: 

• Exalted Ironbride now has a slight aim assist that will help prevent over swing.

No stat buff to this piece of garbage? Please take another look at arquebex stats and then copy them over.

Reflected damage hasn't been good ever since you changed the Amalgam Javlok mod, and that was the only case for it being useful. It's always pitifully weak and can't be relied on for any purpose.

We've still got the issue of Ironbride being so weak. Damage blocked by the shield could instead give Ironbride a decaying strength buff.

Is the ragdoll going to make Ironbride miss by going over their heads? Ragdolling is another questionable-at-best effect for reasons like that. You'll recall the proposed changes to Impact in the past where we said we really don't want it.

--Truncated Bonewidow jump Melee strikes by 1 second to improve responsiveness.

Unless it talks about melee groundslam, I see little improvement here. Accidentally walking from a tiny slope while meleeing and going into that groundslam animation that takes forever has been the bane of my existance while playing Widow. Regular aerial slashes on the other hand were not particularly horrible.

Archived