Please no more robots in future!

eisKripp

Necramech was kinda ok-ish to rank and play... and usefull in some other missions also. (like these thermia fractures event and even tridolons)

While bonewidow just killed my will to play them or warframe and i just came back this year after 4 of pause, he kills even my will to live when i know what a pain in the ass he is... i didn't even rank him to 30.

... but i need to forma him 5 times, just why DE? why?

Leave them at rank 30, reduce number of mods which are useless and only there to make them functional... like they should work without them, or decrease mods drain to take less capacity points so all of them can fit into 60 max capacity.

I also think that those additional "layers of power" shouldn't have much modding depth. 

Large amount of mod slots greatly reduces build diversity.... You can just put all in...no need to choose.  And its not like those mechs will ever have as many mods as Frames.....besides, even frames have nearly identical "builds", even though they have less slots and more mod variety.

Im also against those guys in normal missions.   But I do want them for Underwater levels... dunno why. 

11 hours ago, eisKripp said:

... but i need to forma him 5 times, just why DE? why?

Actually, you don't. My voidrig was rank 30 with 4 formas before the change, it immediately reached rank 38 after the patch and still had some vacant mod slots (both due to lack of capacity and also because there was nothing useful to put there). I put the last forma in, ranked it up to max and didn't get any more XP.

47 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Actually, you don't. My voidrig was rank 30 with 4 formas before the change, it immediately reached rank 38 after the patch and still had some vacant mod slots (both due to lack of capacity and also because there was nothing useful to put there). I put the last forma in, ranked it up to max and didn't get any more XP.

That sounds like a bug, as additional Necramech ranks do give Mastery all the way up to 40.

As for the OP's point, I'm of a similar opinion: like K-Drives before them, Necramechs are a gimmick that serve no real purpose in the game other than to take up our time. They only function in three of the game's current environments, and even if they were to make it to our regular missions, their cumbersome movement would make them unlikely to do well outside of static missions like Defense or Interception. Their ability design is mediocre at best, with the Bonewidow's awful release demonstrating how little thought was put into her viability, and the recent injection of even more layers of grind hasn't been helped by the Affinity loss bug that still hasn't been fixed since Deimos got launched. I'd be happy never to see another Necramech again, and I'd much rather the time, energy, and resources put into developing a new one were instead redirected towards something more useful.

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

I put the last forma in, ranked it up to max and didn't get any more XP.

DE stated in the patch that if you had it at 30 before patch, your "full mastery" will stay (It gave at 30 as much as it gives at 40 now)

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

DE stated in the patch that if you had it at 30 before patch, your "full mastery" will stay (It gave at 30 as much as it gives at 40 now)

Huh, I must have skipped that when reading the patch notes. Oh well, I'm not going waste 5 formas on my crappy Bonewidow. I didn't even give it a potato.

Archived