Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Reward Pistols.

Psychus

I don't know how many of you feel the same way I do, but I think that the faction that loses should get the blueprint OF that faction's pistol. If I sided with the grineer, and I didn't get the grineer pistol because we lost, I would be sad. But, I'm corpus, and if the numbers keep going the way they are, I won't see my Detron, which I was actually really looking forward to. Could DE maybe modify it so the losing faction gets their pistol in BP form, and the winning faction gets it already built with a slot and catalyst? I just feel this would be much fairer. If I'm going to get the Grineer pistol blueprint anyways why am I fighting for the corpus and getting a blueprint? What's to stop me from just switching sides at this point? I'd like some feedback on the idea, because really it's not that big of a modification.

I'm a grineer supporter and I forsee the grineer winning.

So shiney machete and small boom stick for me.

However, I think it's really unfair that you get stuck with grineer stuff.

But...

Didn't they say the corpus pistol would be available as clan tech or something?

Nope. They said they'll store it in a vault.

I want the prova vandal. Blue is cooler than red. imo. IF you get 100 points for the faction that wins you get that factions weapons + the blueprint of the pistol for the opposite faction. It saddens me to see the Corpus losing and the filthy Grineer winning. It doesn't seem to matter that Vor has tried to kill us plenty of times, yet Alad V has remained anonymous.

I fought 120 missions for the corpus, never betrayed them to wash our name clean to them.

I find it preposterous that i am supposed to be ending up with something completely in the other direction than what i inteded to get...

if i get anything at all, that is.

A well reasoned person explained to me that DE are trying to show us a hard choice, and that if we got our pistol there wouldn't be a consequence to losing side besides a pre built weapon and a slot and a catalyst. But to be honest, that's a lot within itself. They're basically giving away 32 free platinum to the winner. So I dunno. This thread kinda died, but it got a lot of views. I do hope that they shift this tiny detail for us corpus supporters, as the war isn't really going in our favor >__>

its an issue, both sides have something you dont want.

you dont like the grineer gun but you like the machete.

you like the corpus pistol but not the prova (less usefull then a machete globaly)

and since we dont have the pistol stats, we cant know how they are.

my thinking is, you do 100 missions for a faction, you should atleast get the pistol blueprint if you loose.

otherwise it make no sense why the winning faction will give the blueprint to those that apposed them.

Why would i want a grineer weapon if i sided with Corpus ? (and vis a versa)

Warframe logic.

I want dat Detron so hard.

No slot, kata or chance to get the ugly brakk pistol / machete - i dont even care for vandal prova.

I want dat Detron so hard.

Looks like its the only thing I am NOT getting in this event.

Well, you cant always get what you want, huh?

Yeah, I just don't like that to get the chance at a hand-cannon you have to grind out 100 missions, and then if the player base decides "Naw", you get the weapon you -didn't- grind 100 missions out for, minus slot and potato.

But on the plus side, you might be able to grind for your chosen handcannon later. Fantastic.

Only the winning side pistol will be available. Pre-built to who helped them, BP to who didn't. Simple as that. The loser faction's pistol will be put in the vault (an expression that DE uses when they're saving something for future use)

All of this has been mentioned on the last Prime Time broadcast.

Only the winning side pistol will be available. Pre-built to who helped them, BP to who didn't. Simple as that. The loser faction's pistol will be put in the vault (an expression that DE uses when they're saving something for future use)

All of this has been mentioned on the last primetime broadcast

That is a horrible idea... That basically removes all choice from the event. If that wasn't enough the unbalanced rewards ensured one sides victory (so far) ruining any choice we had.

The event did everything right. The setup, the activity, the rewards (assuming the vandal/wraith isn't the best melee weapon so far and is unobtainable), them they fall all over themselves in the most important part. Execution.

Unbalanced battlepay basically removed choices, and bad prize distribution made any choice pointless and a shot in the dark.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

That is a horrible idea... That basically removes all choice from the event. If that wasn't enough the unbalanced rewards ensured one sides victory (so far) ruining any choice we had.

The event did everything right. The setup, the activity, the rewards (assuming the vandal/wraith isn't the best melee weapon so far and is unobtainable), them they fall all over themselves in the most important part. Execution.

Unbalanced battlepay basically removed choices, and bad prize distribution made any choice pointless and a shot in the dark.

The other's side pistol will probably be available at a future event. Maybe as a BP/parts drop from Sargas Ruk/Alad V just as the Seer is with Vor.

The other's side pistol will probably be available at a future event. Maybe as a BP/parts drop from Sargas Ruk/Alad V just as the Seer is with Vor.

Isn't that a bad analogy ? didn't know we could get the Seer pistol in a event.

Maybe like the Ammo Mutation mods that we later added to mission modes.

We already have the seer, I don't feel the need to have another god-forsaken Grineer heavy pistol! There are enough of them so just let the people who wants a decent Corpus sidearm get one because I'll be damned if I'm going to run around with the Grineer penis gun 2000 after all of the support I gave the Corpus.

Isn't that a bad analogy ? didn't know we could get the Seer pistol in a event.

Maybe like the Ammo Mutation mods that we later added to mission modes.

It isn't an analogy, just an example. The Seer was introduced with the new revamped Vor model. I was using it as an example or how the new pistols might be obtained in the future, from Sargas Ruk and Alad V respectively.

So it'll be what?... Update 11 when this will be available again? I may sound entitled when I say having to wait for this item isn't a good idea. I entered the event with the goal of getting the corpus gun and the prova... Turns out In was wrong... If it is introduced at the end of the event fine... But if I end up having t wait weeks and weeks just for a pistol I had no chance at getting because of DE's event execution then I'll be a bit miffed.

If it was a fair chance I'd be OK with it.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

It isn't an analogy, just an example. The Seer was introduced with the new revamped Vor model. I was using it as an example or how the new pistols might be obtained in the future, from Sargas Ruk and Alad V respectively.

We already know Ruk is getting a Flame Thrower Sword, I mean hell he deserves after the &#! beating he's about to get.

and Alad V : Has his secret dolphin weapon that's coming no one expects it.

It's alot better than the whinefest that would occur on the forums when people realized X weapon is WAY better than Y.

Sure, people will whine about just anything, but all the people feeling they got cheated out of a better reward due to (a complete) lack of information feels more unfair than working towards one goal, but recieving the other factions reward.

Keep in mind: The other T3 weapon WILL be released later on. Why would they throw away content?